• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Money Mike $cott! 3-Years/$10 Million

lethalweapon3

• Moderators

((I haven't figured out how to relocate posts (yet) but I figured we oughta have a separate thread for Mike's new contract from all the Russia talk that preceded it.))

#MikeScottMerica

~lw3

Edited by lethalweapon3
  • Like 2

• Moderators

C - Horford

PF - Millsap

SF - DMC

SG - Korver

PG - Teague

6th - Thabo

7th - Mack

8th - Scott

9th - Bazemore

10th - Pero

11th - Muscala

12th - Schröder

13th - Payne

14th - Jenkins

15th - Flexibility

Your 2014-15 Atlanta Hawks. Wish we could have upgraded our starting SF spot, but oh well. Le'go Hawks!

• Moderators

He better improve his 3 if he is going to be worth the years and dollars on this. This deal worries me a lot more than Mack's deal.

He was not particularly good from 3 in the regular season or playoffs (even with one superb game) this year and he rebound or D very well to bolster that value.

I doubted him as a draft pick and he exceeded my expectations there. I hope he does the same with this deal.

He better improve his 3 if he is going to be worth the years and dollars on this. This deal worries me a lot more than Mack's deal.

He was not particularly good from 3 in the regular season or playoffs (even with one superb game) this year and he rebound or D very well to bolster that value.

I doubted him as a draft pick and he exceeded my expectations there. I hope he does the same with this deal.

Looks like a fair deal for two players that have improved season after season. Everybody has a shitty playoff appearance once in their career. He will be fine.

I'm excited by this.  I think he will prove to be well worth it.  And $3.3M per year ain't too much if Scott turns out to be a good role player.   

Our whole team is role players. I am so tired of the middle of the road mentality this ownership and this team are in. I love the Hawks, but man I just wish they could do something to be better than a middle of the pack team. Maybe before I die I can actually see this team actually get out of the first 2 rounds....I am 40 so what let's say another 40 years? Maybe at least once.

• Like 1

Scotty is useless for a team seriously aiming at the playoffs and intending to do some damage. He is undersized - can score some points against lesser teams in a reserve role (regular season) - but that is about it.

He tries "bless his heart"...but he just isn't there. He should be a good player off the bench.... in Europe.

Edited by DJlaysitup

Mike Scott "who!" Mike Scott! Glad to see him back. If he steps up the defense and increases his shooting percentages a bit as expected under Bud, we should get outstanding value. I'm sure he probably could've gotten more from a bad team with holes at the 4. I think this solidifies that the staff will experiment with him at the 3.

• Like 1

I don't think i would call it his primary skillset. The perimeter shooting is something he's worked on adding to his game in an attempt to be more of a SF. His primary skillset has always been playing around the basket, and although he is undersized he is really smart about getting position and has some good moves around the basket.

I like the signing. I think it's a fair deal and he already knows our system and puts in a lot of effort on and off the court. Plus, he's funny as hell so i really wanted him back for entertainment purposes.

example: larry drew coached mike scott vs bud coached mike scott. Two different players

• Moderators

I don't think i would call it his primary skillset. The perimeter shooting is something he's worked on adding to his game in an attempt to be more of a SF. His primary skillset has always been playing around the basket, and although he is undersized he is really smart about getting position and has some good moves around the basket.

I'm skeptical. As he got more minutes, he spent more and more time jacking 3s and less and less time around the basket. Last season was 29% of shots within 3 feet of the basket and 32% of shots beyond the arc. I don't expect to see a lot of his post game but if he starts abusing Sfs there that would be an interesting development in his game.

Scott improved some areas his game this past season. He lost weight, ran the floor harder in transition, ADDED the 3 pointer to his game this season. His defense still needs work both individual but more so TEAM defense.

His game wasn't really about shooting 3's before last season so he will need to improve there. He has a nice post up turn around jumper but more often than not he hurries too much, slow down.

His salary probably starts at around $2.75 mil in year 1, $3.25 in year 2, then $4 mil in the 3rd year which is a team option. So if we believe in our player development program and his continued improvement and he puts the work in he'll see the 3 years and it'll be well deserved. If not it's a 2 year deal.