• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Hawks could be 1-2 seed this season

Wurider05

Paul Georgie just went down with a gruesome leg injury in Las Vegas. We are now officially better than Indiana. There is no way he is coming back this season. If we stay healthy ourselves we can be a top 2 seed easy. I am not fearing Cleveland because of the lack of defense. New York is a joke.  I hope that he heals okay but the injury is nasty.

• Premium Member

Yeah, I too think the Eastern Conference title is up in the air.

The superfriends couldn't get the job done in their first season, the same can happen with CLE. If Rose stays healthy CHI should win it, but MIA, ATL, WAS, CHA, TOR could all fight for a berth in the ECF.

IND should be out of the playoffs now, BRK is worse than last year. New York is horrible but should make the post season unless Stan fixes the Pistons.

Paul Georgie just went down with a gruesome leg injury in Las Vegas. We are now officially better than Indiana. There is no way he is coming back this season. If we stay healthy ourselves we can be a top 2 seed easy. I am not fearing Cleveland because of the lack of defense. New York is a joke.  I hope that he heals okay but the injury is nasty.

Who in the East do you think fears us?

Does the addition of Kent Bazemore strike fear in our Southeast Division rivals?

• Like 4

Yeah, I too think the Eastern Conference title is up in the air.

The superfriends couldn't get the job done in their first season, the same can happen with CLE. If Rose stays healthy CHI should win it, but MIA, ATL, WAS, CHA, TOR could all fight for a berth in the ECF.

IND should be out of the playoffs now, BRK is worse than last year. New York is horrible but should make the post season unless Stan fixes the Pistons.

They couldn't get the job done?

After starting season with a 9 - 8 record, Miami won 49 of their next 65 games and went 12 - 3 in the East playoffs to reach the Finals.

So even though they lost to Dallas, they pretty much owned the East in Year 1.

• Like 4

Who in the East do you think fears us?

Does the addition of Kent Bazemore strike fear in our Southeast Division rivals?

Who do we fear? I mean seriously tell me who we have no chance to beat in the playoffs rite now. Thabo and Bazemore help sure up the defense and we have Al coming back.

• Like 1

After starting season with a 9 - 8 record, Miami won 49 of their next 65 games and went 12 - 3 in the East playoffs to reach the Finals.

So now theres a crippled Wade and Bosh in Miami. Clevland is Lebron and a bunch of diaper wearers. Ding dong the witch is DEAD.

Edited by NJHAWK

Yeah I think we could be a number 2 seed as well.

Personally I see the cavs having the best season record on the east (but it won't mean anything if course)

Then 2nd seed....yeah up for grabs! Everybody think rosé is coming back but honestly I think he's Gilbert Arenas 2.0.

Looking at all the other east teams...I honestly think the hawks are better overall!

-Raptors have no bench plus they over achieved last year

-Brooklyn will be way worst this season

-New York is a joke

-Wizards I just think the hawks are better than them overall as a team.....hell honestly I don't see the hype in wall I much rather have Teague

-heat...forgive me but wade, granger, deng will NOT make it through a whole season with all those bad knees relying on each other!

Also I think the 7/8 seeds are up for grabs for real now...hell the bucks can get the 8 seed

• Like 1

2011 Lebron, wade, bosh is light years ahead of lebron, irving, love.

Wade had already won a finals mvp and bosh had playoff experience. Neither irving or love have played a single playoff game in their career. The rest of the lineup is young as well and they are dependent on varejao staying healthy at center.

Wade and bosh are both dynamic defenders while irving and love are liabilities on that end. Lebron was also the weak link in that finals as wade posted one of the highest PERs in finals history.

• Like 1

After watching Rose in these USA practices, I can definatley see them being a 1 seed. The man is more explosive than ever. Here is how I see the East falling out.

1. Chicago

2. Cleveland 

3. Atlanta

4. Toronto

5. Washington

6. Charlotte

7. Detroit

8. Miami

Although I think Cleveland will have a better record than us, I think if we were to play them in the second round, We should be able to beat them in 6 games. Therefore, giving us a birth in the ECF. Pretty sure Chicago is a lock in the ECF unless Gasol or rose sustains an injury like PG did last night. 

If you think the Hawks had a bad off-season then look no further than the Pacers.  Lose a burgeoning star to a conference rival and their star to injury over the summer leaving Roy "I can't score on Pero Antić" Hibbert and David West as their best players.

• Like 1

After watching Rose in these USA practices, I can definatley see them being a 1 seed. The man is more explosive than ever. Here is how I see the East falling out.

1. Chicago

2. Cleveland

3. Atlanta

4. Toronto

5. Washington

6. Charlotte

7. Detroit

8. Miami

Although I think Cleveland will have a better record than us, I think if we were to play them in the second round, We should be able to beat them in 6 games. Therefore, giving us a birth in the ECF. Pretty sure Chicago is a lock in the ECF unless Gasol or rose sustains an injury like PG did last night.

One thing to note is that clev and chi are in the same division so we would be the 2 seed in your scenario Edited by JETSET

I don't think teams fear us due to our new additions in Baze and Thabo, but they rather fear us in our continued growth with the same core in a winning system. When you keep the core of a team together they generally become accustomed to each other's play and can't help but improve on the previous season. We are building a team of legit pros in Horf, Sap, Korver, etc. These guys are truly pro's in every sense of the word. Not only that but we are very deep 1-9, 1-10 and possibly even 1-12. I like our chances as well. I think we are a top 4 team in the east for sure and will have homecourt in round 1. We will be fighting Chicago, Cleveland, the Wizards and the Raptors all year long.

One thing to note is that clev and chi are in the same division so we would be the 2 seed in your scenario

No, top team from each division is guaranteed a top 4 seed, so his order works since Atlanta is top 4 for SE and Toronto top 4 for Central

I don't think teams fear us due to our new additions in Baze and Thabo, but they rather fear us in our continued growth with the same core in a winning system. When you keep the core of a team together they generally become accustomed to each other's play and can't help but improve on the previous season. We are building a team of legit pros in Horf, Sap, Korver, etc. These guys are truly pro's in every sense of the word. Not only that but we are very deep 1-9, 1-10 and possibly even 1-12. I like our chances as well. I think we are a top 4 team in the east for sure and will have homecourt in round 1. We will be fighting Chicago, Cleveland, the Wizards and the Raptors all year long.

+1

• Like 1

• Moderators

This team still looks like a second or first round exit, but the door is open wider than ever. Lots more uncertainty for the top two favorites this year (Chi & Cle).

If Dwight and Paul had teamed up, we could have owned the East this year.

• Like 2

Way too early to put the bulls at the top of the east, IMO. They've lost 2 key players from the last time they were any good.

I think anything below a 4 seed will be disappointing for us this year. I predict 2nd or 3rd.

I feel bad for Paul George, I saw it live and it's the last time I will ever watch it again. Indiana is done. Losing him and Lance... And a mentally fragile Hibbert? iF Derrick Rose stays healthy, big if, I think Chicago is the favorite. However, if Love joins Bron and Irving, I'm flopping them. I see us as a 4-5 seed. Washington is good.

• Like 2