• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks could be 1-2 seed this season

Wurider05

Chicago is not a no-brainier over Lebron, Irving and Love, IMO.

No brainer? I don't know about that. Anytime you have the best player on earth, you have to wonder. Plus the MVP of the all star game? Then throw in either Wiggins or Kevin Love? Now they're gonna snatch up Marion (there's 11 and 7 night in) You may be right, but Cleveland is gonna be good...

• Moderators

No brainer? I don't know about that. Anytime you have the best player on earth, you have to wonder. Plus the MVP of the all star game? Then throw in either Wiggins or Kevin Love? Now they're gonna snatch up Marion (there's 11 and 7 night in) You may be right, but Cleveland is gonna be good...

I was replying to a statement that suggested Chicago was the no-brainer #1 seed. I think Cleveland is right there with the strong possibility of being the East's best.

I was replying to a statement that suggested Chicago was the no-brainer #1 seed. I think Cleveland is right there with the strong possibility of being the East's best.

Gotcha. All these threads, I mis-read.... Lol

Honestly with the lack of rebounding and lack of players who can create their own shot this team could be anywhere from a 4 seed to out of the playoffs. I tend to see us as a 5 seed if we stay healthier than everyone else, and out of the playoffs if we get one devastating injury to either Horf, Teague, or Sap. Heck even if Korver goes down this team isn't going to be able to make the playoffs.

Let's not count out Indiana yet. They can make moves or trades to make up some of the difference of losing PG.

If they signed both Beasley and Marion, they could still compete to at least make the playoffs.

I don't think so, but I'm of the opinion that they don't have a good enough coach to overcome the loss the way CHI has the past 2 years.  Their 2nd half collapse and near loss to us is plenty of evidence of that IMHO.

Plus, they don't have the assets to trade for anyone near good enough to replace George unless DET or PHX get antsy and trade their restricted FA's for beans and rice.

I'm trying to decide if I think they should try to tread water or use the injury as the impetus to tank San Antonio-style (when Robinson got hurt)

Honestly with the lack of rebounding and lack of players who can create their own shot this team could be anywhere from a 4 seed to out of the playoffs. I tend to see us as a 5 seed if we stay healthier than everyone else, and out of the playoffs if we get one devastating injury to either Horf, Teague, or Sap. Heck even if Korver goes down this team isn't going to be able to make the playoffs.

I doubt we'll miss the playoffs.  We'll be right where we belong 4-6.  If things work out well for us I honestly think we could ascend to the 2-spot record-wise.  I'm starting to believe TOR and WAS will come back to earth a bit.

There were too many of their players either in contract years last year or who otherwise had career-type years.  Not sure if they can duplicate last year's successes much less add to them.  Will Lowry come back hungry?  Will Wall/Beal continue to progress or was last year the aberration?

It's gonna be an exciting season I think.  But, then again, I'm not of the opinion that CLE/CHI are invincible (relatively speaking).  Certainly not CLE.

This team is highly unlikely to be ahead of Cleveland or Chicago. Winning the division is a possibility unlike in recent seasons when Orlando had Dwight and Miami had the big 3. 

Edited by nbasupes40retired

Hawks are in a tough spot.  Good enough to make a run at the second round of the playoffs but in all likelihood not good enough to get to the finals.  They are a veteran team built to win now with a limited number of high-upside development players waiting in the wings. 

Theas east is soft now so I could see why they may want to try to make a run.  That said, it is hard not to get the sense that Ferry is still in building mode and not "all-in" with the current roster.  In a few years, chances are one of Philly, Orlando or Milwaukee will be rising fast, so the window to win in the east is now.