• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Merged: Greg Monroe Topics

NBASupes

• Moderators

Parker is not making it on his Int'l play. He's making it on his NBA career. Yes, the Sours still have Tim Duncan but look at how that offense has changed as Timmy has aged and TP has grown. He is the focal point of the offense. And if I'm not mistaken he's been the leading scorer and assist man the last three years. He's also a finals MVP. I swear if he wasn't French and playing in SAS he would be getting more respect.

He has a case for the HOF anyway.  I am just saying the fact that he is french is going to lower the bar a bit (regardless of whether he could have cleared it anyway) because the HOF loves to tick that international box.

JoeJohn and Josh squads produced better records as maddening as they were (in a stronger weak East). Jussayin' Don't tase me bro'.

Lol Kg don't do it. I don't have the energy. Lol

Parker is not making it on his Int'l play. He's making it on his NBA career. Yes, the Sours still have Tim Duncan but look at how that offense has changed as Timmy has aged and TP has grown. He is the focal point of the offense. And if I'm not mistaken he's been the leading scorer and assist man the last three years. He's also a finals MVP. I swear if he wasn't French and playing in SAS he would be getting more respect.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=nUGo1FKZddA

JoeJohn and Josh squads produced better records as maddening as they were (in a stronger weak East).  Jussayin'  Don't tase me bro'.

We've had 1 season to reference without both Josh and Joe.

Have you forgotten 13, 26 30 and 37 wins? That is part of their record, lol

Just for that.....zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzaaaaaaaaaap, you've been tazed blum2.gif @kg01

OMG thanks for spelling that out.  Folks also have to understand Manu led Argentina to a gold medal during the Dream Team era.  That will play HUGE for the bball HOF.  He's sure-fire 1st ballot more so than Parker (who's also a HOF, btw).

I'll re-state what you said earlier, it is NOT the NBA HOF, it's the basketball HOF.  Based on their history they seem to take pride in  recognizing accomplishments made outside the NBA.

This is also the reason why Pau Gasol will be a Hall of Famer.

And by your account Robert Horry and John Salley would be HOF.  A lot of good players have multiple rings and a lot of great players are ringless!  I don't know how many players go into the Hall each year but there is a lot of competition to get there.  Dominique Wilkins isn't even in the HOF

Oh wow.

Edited by TheNorthCydeRises

This is also the reason why Pau Gasol will be a Hall of Famer.

Very true - it's not like they are just role players on their NBA teams either - they were/are major integral parts of their teams winning rings.

We've had 1 season to reference without both Josh and Joe.

Have you forgotten 13, 26 30 and 37 wins? That is part of their record, lol

Just for that.....zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzaaaaaaaaaap, you've been tazed blum2.gif @kg01

So mean.  You shot and tazed me the last 2 days fuck.gif

You know that JoeJohn, JSmoove, Crawford squad would mop the floor with the current team.  Low IQ and all.

Disclaimer (for those who may take the above statement too seriously): I'm just having a little fun folks, don't go crazy.  I don't want to touch off WWIV.  (WWIII was the tank vs. no-tank argument)

So mean. You shot and tazed me the last 2 days fuck.gif

You know that JoeJohn, JSmoove, Crawford squad would mop the floor with the current team. Low IQ and all.

Disclaimer (for those who may take the above statement too seriously): I'm just having a little fun folks, don't go crazy. I don't want to touch off WWIV. (WWIII was the tank vs. no-tank argument)

It was fun tazing and shooting you - I thoroughly enjoyed it.

I can knife you next if you like lol.

Edited by JayBirdHawk

The Pistons have moved from the initial five-year, $60-million offer and an offer that’s slightly better than the four-year, $54-million deal that Josh Smith signed last summer is on the table. But the offer to make him the highest paid player on the roster hasn’t brokered an agreement. And negotiations aren’t ongoing. The impasse could last into next month unless a sudden sign-and-trade materializes. There were discussions with the Blazers early in the process and Yahoo! Sports reported recently that brief discussions with Suns and Hawks didn’t gain traction. That’s probably because the Pistons are placing a premium on Monroe that teams so far have proven unwilling to pay. Detroit Free Press

Detroit Pistons, Free Agency, Greg Monroe

- See more at: http://hoopshype.com/rumors.htm#sthash.FCLqAceG.dpuf

Teams around the league just don’t view Monroe as worthy of a max offer sheet —— especially with the perceived notion that the Pistons would just match. Despite a productive four seasons, stretch power forwards are high valued and inside players like Monroe have become devalued. Detroit Free Press

I wouldn't include Korver in the package.  Sap (who is the better player but only one year contract) and change and I am even apprehensive about that.  

Monroe is talented...can play center and is an excellent passer.  However, his complete lack of D concerns me.

If all Detroit wants is cap space ( Milsap ) and a pick from us, they can do a sight bit better. And they can do better than just a locked in Korver and cap space ( Millsap ) as well.

Unless Detroit turns their fortunes around by next season, no way in hell Millsap stays there for long term; unless they give him a gawd awful lot of money!

Teams around the league just don’t view Monroe as worthy of a max offer sheet —— especially with the perceived notion that the Pistons would just match. Despite a productive four seasons, stretch power forwards are high valued and inside players like Monroe have become devalued. Detroit Free Press

Since when does stretch PF's (outside of Dirk and Bird) win titles?

Edited by Hotlanta1981

this makes me question how will the market be next year for millsap now that he has developed a 3 point shot compared to a year ago, when he was a free agent and were able to snag him for 9 mil per year.

Edited by yungsta

I'm gonna have to say hell no to adding korver. I really want Monroe bc I think he and Al compliment each other really well and give us really good size which we haven't had in forever.....but no for Korver. I think his play gets better playing with both Horf and Monroe and don't want to give that kind of production up. I'm cool with adding filler just not korver.