• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Feb. 24 1994 my saddest day as a fan

C'mon, after that description you can't not post the picture...lol.

Lol...I'd love to but BOTH the women on squawk might stalk me due to cuteness from 1989...:-/

Man I can't relate to you guys with the disappointment, I started following the Hawks when they first got Laettner, Mutombo - 1996 I think? 

I never experienced disappointment like you guys did with Nique but I will say the highest of highs for me was after Game 2 against the Bulls in 1997.  We had just beaten a Bulls team in their prime at home to tie the series 1-1.  Mookie had gone off in that game and everyone else chipped in nicely.

It was a complete game and one of the first times I started to wonder "what if?" with the hawks.  If they can beat a team this good on a big stage maybe they have what it takes.  That's the last time I remember a hawks showing up for a big game past the first round that nobody expected they would win.

Well needless to say you know how the rest of the story goes:  hawks didn't get much closer after that and I was quickly brought back down to earth.  That was truly the only time I thought the hawks had the slightest chance of reaching the championship stage - probably mainly to do with my youth and not knowing any better.  Let's just say I learned my lesson and haven't quite felt the same about a hawks team since.

• Like 1

Hey North, I was there at that time. What dorm you stayed at?

Melrose . . . from 1991 - 95.   That was an old dorm, but one of the only dorms that offered single dorm rooms.  It was also one of the main dorms with unlimited visitation, which definitely came in handy with the women.   Just go through the side door, go up that old azz elevator, and bring her in the room.   Didn't even have to sneak people in.  Just bring them right up.

• Like 1

Melrose . . . from 1991 - 95. That was an old dorm, but one of the only dorms that offered single dorm rooms. It was also one of the main dorms with unlimited visitation, which definitely came in handy with the women. Just go through the side door, go up that old azz elevator, and bring her in the room. Didn't even have to sneak people in. Just bring them right up.

I think it was that starter jacket that brought in the women. Lol. See, it wasn't all that bad.

Melrose . . . from 1991 - 95. That was an old dorm, but one of the only dorms that offered single dorm rooms. It was also one of the main dorms with unlimited visitation, which definitely came in handy with the women. Just go through the side door, go up that old azz elevator, and bring her in the room. Didn't even have to sneak people in. Just bring them right up.

Ha. I wanted to get in that place because you could bring anyone up. But my parents didn't want to pay the extra $$$ and I ended up at Hess. The stories that could be told from that place and Clement...

Ha. I wanted to get in that place because you could bring anyone up. But my parents didn't want to pay the extra $$$ and I ended up at Hess. The stories that could be told from that place and Clement...

LOL . . . Hess Hall was definitely crazy at times.  The noise from that place . . . lol, it was like a frat house.  Clement had all of the women.  I used to make plenty of trips over there.  North and South Carrick were like luxury dorms, compared to Melrose. Getting to Andy Holt was my goal, but the price to get to that place was ridiculous.

LOL @ Hess Hall . . . I remember that big snowstorm they had in Knoxville back I think in 1993.   Half of the dorm was out in 12 inches of snow in the middle of the night, having a gigantic snowball fight.  Then reality set in the next day, when everybody was snowed in and couldn't do a damn thing that Saturday.  Couldn't even eat because everything was closed down.

LOL . . . Hess Hall was definitely crazy at times. The noise from that place . . . lol, it was like a frat house. Clement had all of the women. I used to make plenty of trips over there. North and South Carrick were like luxury dorms, compared to Melrose. Getting to Andy Holt was my goal, but the price to get to that place was ridiculous.

LOL @ Hess Hall . . . I remember that big snowstorm they had in Knoxville back I think in 1993. Half of the dorm was out in 12 inches of snow in the middle of the night, having a gigantic snowball fight. Then reality set in the next day, when everybody was snowed in and couldn't do a damn thing that Saturday. Couldn't even eat because everything was closed down.

I'm doing my best to write as much as I can so I can one day remember those days when I'm really old. Hess made Sodom and Gomorrah look like Sunday school. And I couldn't begin to count how many times I found myself at Clement chasing tail long after midnight, especially after a frat party at the UC. Let's just say that the sistas who stayed there were quite willing afterwards; especially the ones from Memphis (GOOD LORD). Some of the best years of my life was spent on that campus.

I was one of those in that '93 snowstorm hurling snowballs (and got hit in the ear...real, real hard). I also had a crock pot, a microwave, a fridge, and a toaster oven (paid off the RA on our floor). I loaded up my fridge with stuff from the grocery store just minutes before it hit. It is still the most snow I've ever seen.