• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Prediction for longest win streak 2014-15

Our longest win streak in 2013-14 was a 5 game win streak. How many do you think it will be in 2014-15?

My guess is 9. I think we are gonna go on a little run mid season and string together a lil win streak.

By the way, these have been our longest win streaks since we've been making the playoffs in 2008

2008:  5

2009:  7 . . ( also had two 6-game win streaks )

2010:  7 

2011:  6  . . ( started season 6 - 0 )

2012:  4

2013:  6

2014:  5

What keeps the Hawks from putting together long win streaks, is the fact that we've been mediocre to bad on the road.

Road wins in those playoff seasons since 2008:

2008:  12

2009:  19

2010:  19 . . . the 53 win season . . ( won 34 home games - 2nd highest in franchise history )

2011:  20

2012:  17 . . . strike year ( 21 win equivalent ) . . only season in which we were over .500 on the road.

2013:  19

2014:  14

When the schedule comes out later this week, it'll be interesting to see what teams we have to start the season, and how our road trips look.   The typical Hawks schedule normally consists of

- a soft November

- a very difficult January

- a 5 to 7 game road West Coast trip coming immediately after the All-Star break

- and a plethora of home games in March.

By the way, these have been our longest win streaks since we've been making the playoffs in 2008

2008: 5

2009: 7 . . ( also had two 6-game win streaks )

2010: 7

2011: 6 . . ( started season 6 - 0 )

2012: 4

2013: 6

2014: 5

What keeps the Hawks from putting together long win streaks, is the fact that we've been mediocre to bad on the road.

Road wins in those playoff seasons since 2008:

2008: 12

2009: 19

2010: 19 . . . the 53 win season . . ( won 34 home games - 2nd highest in franchise history )

2011: 20

2012: 17 . . . strike year ( 21 win equivalent ) . . only season in which we were over .500 on the road.

2013: 19

2014: 14

When the schedule comes out later this week, it'll be interesting to see what teams we have to start the season, and how our road trips look. The typical Hawks schedule normally consists of

- a soft November

- a very difficult January

- a 5 to 7 game road West Coast trip coming immediately after the All-Star break

- and a plethora of home games in March.

We really suck on the road!

Would be nice to have at least a .500 road record.

When the schedule comes out I'll give my number.

Edited by JayBirdHawk

We really suck on the road!

Would be nice to have at least a .500 road record.

When the schedule comes out I'll give my number.

Oh you gone wait like that huh... Then I may have to revise my 9 straight as well. Lol. Honestly I just think 9 because of our coach, veteran core and depth. In years past I think the immaturity of our team (Cough cough Smoove) cost us long win streaks due to lack of consistency.

But this group seems like a bunch of vet pros ready to bring it nightly. Shoot when the schedule comes out I may have to change my 9 to 10 or 11. We shall see. By the way I don't think the schedule comes out till the end of August, like over 2 weeks closer to 3 weeks but I could be wrong.

Oh you gone wait like that huh... Then I may have to revise my 9 straight as well. Lol. Honestly I just think 9 because of our coach, veteran core and depth. In years past I think the immaturity of our team (Cough cough Smoove) cost us long win streaks due to lack of consistency.

But this group seems like a bunch of vet pros ready to bring it nightly. Shoot when the schedule comes out I may have to change my 9 to 10 or 11. We shall see. By the way I don't think the schedule comes out till the end of August, like over 2 weeks closer to 3 weeks but I could be wrong.

The schedule was released on August 7th last year.

The schedule was released on August 7th last year.

Nice! I hope we have a few games on TNT. Screw ESPN though, I could care less if we don't even have one game on their shitty network.

I'm going with 6.  The good is that this team competes with every team and rarely seems to get blown out like those teams under Woody.

The bad side of that this creates a lot of close games.  I don't see us stringing together more than 6 this year but hopefully I'm surprised.  I also agree that it's tough to tell without the schedule but now that Paul George is out, the east has weakened some and I don't see why we can't do 6 in a row playing teams mainly in our conference.

With good health 8, at least 6 twice. I forget what it was, but the winning percentage was robust when Kyle, DeMarre, and Pero were together in the starting lineup with the other two mainstays, which was rare given all three had signifigant injuries at different times. If they can start off where they left last year but just acclamate Al (which shouldn't be too hard given he's a great, intelligent player) they should come out the gate with a nationally noticeable streak by Christmas.

Bud showed the ability to focus on certain things and install others as needed based on injuries, matchups, and trends. Near the 3rd quarter of the season we were awful defensively. All of a sudden, we were holding teams in the low-mid nineties for a couple weeks heading into the playoffs, then throughout a 7 game series. I think he's gonna ramp up the defense this year with signifigant expectations for Sefalosha and Payne to add some mettle to the table, hopefully a big net gain over Lou and Brand.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 1

I think 5/6 could happen. Anything more is wishful thinking. Playing 82 games, all the travel... One bad shooting night. He'll, did you read what ESPN predicted us? A damn 7 seed. I take it with a grain of salt, but 7 seeds don't win 9 in a row.

I think 5/6 could happen. Anything more is wishful thinking. Playing 82 games, all the travel... One bad shooting night. He'll, did you read what ESPN predicted us? A damn 7 seed. I take it with a grain of salt, but 7 seeds don't win 9 in a row.

ESPN sucks. They know nothing about the nba. They love stars and that's about it. They show Melo 50 times a year for cryin out loud.

ESPN sucks. They know nothing about the nba. They love stars and that's about it. They show Melo 50 times a year for cryin out loud.

I'm not arguing that. But it's still the first site men that love sports check when they sit down at 8 am at their desk. No respect.

I'm not arguing that. But it's still the first site men that love sports check when they sit down at 8 am at their desk. No respect.

That's true. We need more options.

Ok now that I saw the schedule I'm predicting a 10 game winning streak from Jan. 19-Feb.6

Jan. 19 Pistons

Jan. 21 Pacers

Jan. 23 Thunder

Jan. 25 Wolves

Jan. 28 Nets

Jan. 30 Blazers

Jan. 31 Sixers

Feb. 2 @ Pelicans

Feb. 4 Wizards

Feb. 6 Warriors

10 game win streak, 9/10 games at home. Only one back to back games and those are at home. Only huge threat there is OKC. That's if we are playing good ball. Blazers, Pelicans and Warriors are also threats though, just depends on if we are rolling or not. That's my optimistic view. :-)

• 3 months later...

I still want 11 baby!!!!! We are a good team peeps! :-D