• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Prediction for longest win streak 2014-15

• Premium Member

I think 11 is doable. Dont want to jinx but we need to win as much as we can going in to the 2 Cavs games where they will get all the calls. raptors got 4 charges called on them in 2 minutes at end of 4th qtr last night.

Ok now that I saw the schedule I'm predicting a 10 game winning streak from Jan. 19-Feb.6

Jan. 19 Pistons

Jan. 21 Pacers

Jan. 23 Thunder

Jan. 25 Wolves

Jan. 28 Nets

Jan. 30 Blazers

Jan. 31 Sixers

Feb. 2 @ Pelicans

Feb. 4 Wizards

Feb. 6 Warriors

10 game win streak, 9/10 games at home. Only one back to back games and those are at home. Only huge threat there is OKC. That's if we are playing good ball. Blazers, Pelicans and Warriors are also threats though, just depends on if we are rolling or not. That's my optimistic view. :-)

OKC is more than a huge threat. That is one of the best teams in the NBA. 

• Premium Member

OKC is more than a huge threat. That is one of the best teams in the NBA.

The only tough games in that stretch should be OKC and GSW. The Warriors have the best record in NBA right now and surprisingly best defense rating.

The only tough games in that stretch should be OKC and GSW. The Warriors have the best record in NBA right now and surprisingly best defense rating.

Because a healthy Bogut is a legit difference maker in the paint. He's always been one of the most underrated defensive C's but that's probably partly because of his vast injury history. Golden State sure look like a juggernaut this year. 

• Like 1

• Moderators

Pelicans, Nets, Blazers and Wizards are all threats in that stretch.  I'd love to see it but I would be lots of money against that 10 game win streak.

I think this thread jinxed the win streak.

Honestly I thought I shouldn't bring this post back right now and it would jinx us but I decided to go ahead and do the opposite like George Louis Costanza...I've always been afraid of the jinx and where has that gotten the Hawks? Nowhere!

So I decided to man up and do the opposite, I hope it works for me as well as it did for Georgie :-)

Our longest win streak in 2013-14 was a 5 game win streak. How many do you think it will be in 2014-15?

My guess is 9. I think we are gonna go on a little run mid season and string together a lil win streak.

Damn I'm good...tough loss tonight. I still hope I'm gonna be wrong and we get another streak that will break this 9 gamer.

• Moderators

I was pissed because Orlando played so bad in the first half but we still couldn't get a lead on them.   Obviously Pero being out was our problem (just kidding Pero haters).   But if we beat the bulls i'll quickly forget about losing to orlando because they didn't mop up the floor and dmc slipped.   

• 1 month later...

Oh you gone wait like that huh... Then I may have to revise my 9 straight as well. Lol. Honestly I just think 9 because of our coach, veteran core and depth. In years past I think the immaturity of our team (Cough cough Smoove) cost us long win streaks due to lack of consistency.

But this group seems like a bunch of vet pros ready to bring it nightly. Shoot when the schedule comes out I may have to change my 9 to 10 or 11. We shall see. By the way I don't think the schedule comes out till the end of August, like over 2 weeks closer to 3 weeks but I could be wrong.

Oh..was gonna revise to 10 or 11 lol