• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Top 100 Dominique Wilkins Dunks

DMixes

I think you're selling us a little short.  We have the best 1-2 combo in the league...!

system.jpgcapspace.jpg

Sure to put butts in seats.  Excite the crowd.  Draw the free agents.  And propel us into the upper echelon. {/sarcasm}

Someone has to buy these and wear them to games.

My favorites were...

#5....welcoming the Miami Heat to the NBA by dunking over 3 dudes in Miami...I'm guessing it was the 88 season.

#4.... In Atlanta vs Sixers...he misses a shot at the top of the key then dunks in his own miss..:-/

#3...in Philly..Randy Wittman misses a jumper from the right wing and he seems to actually increase his vertical as he's stuffing it back in.

#2....in Atlanta.. He just seriously shoves one in the chief's face. I mean poor Robert Parish..lol

#1...in Atlanta..I believe in Nique's rookie season or possibly second year ..he slams one on Bird so hard that Bird is falling down horizontally and spinning to the ground at the same time. Abuse.

He also got some nice ones vs the Knicks, Lakers and Bucks. Seemed to want to stick it to the big men like Ewing, Lanier, Eaton, Sikma...and a really cool one in GS on Manute Bol. Lol.

I simply got chills watching those again. Loved it.

Ps couple cool ones in the Magic Johnson mid summer nights classic also. One where he almost separates two dudes as he dunks on them and another off a bounce from Zeke.

Nique was a special special guy. There will never be another Nique.

Forgot to mention...

Put back dunk off his own missed jumper in Atlanta vs Celts.

Another one in Phoenix where he seemed to get up higher and go sideways in mid air, and another sideways one similar to that in Atlanta vs the Bucks on Lanier.

He also shoved a couple in Jim Peterson's face. One was when Peterson played with the Rockets, I'm guessing 86 season prolly, then when Peterson came to the Warriors, prolly in 89 or 90 I'm guessing...oh my ..lol.

Forgot to mention...

Put back dunk off his own missed jumper in Atlanta vs Celts.

Another one in Phoenix where he seemed to get up higher and go sideways in mid air, and another sideways one similar to that in Atlanta vs the Bucks on Lanier.

He also shoved a couple in Jim Peterson's face. One was when Peterson played with the Rockets, I'm guessing 86 season prolly, then when Peterson came to the Warriors, prolly in 89 or 90 I'm guessing...oh my ..lol.

Caught one of dunks on Peterson on the video, was 7.33 one of those you had in mind?

Ps couple cool ones in the Magic Johnson mid summer nights classic also. One where he almost separates two dudes as he dunks on them and another off a bounce from Zeke.

Nique was a special special guy. There will never be another Nique.

I was wondering what that game was. It looked like an All Star Game but it was really dark, I've never seen any footage from those games. That play was sweet, what was that, about '82, '83? They looked like kids.

I understand the reasons why I guess, but it's disappointing that high profile players don't do offseason All-Star Games and charity events anymore.

Edited by benhillboy

• Moderators

That was fantastic to watch.  My only complaint is that I'd like to see the video limited to top 100 as a Hawk.  It felt wrong seeing him in another uniform a handful of times in that video.  

God, he had so much power on those dunks.  He didn't just dunk on guys, he destroyed the basket.  Amazing.

• Like 2

I was wondering what that game was. It looked like an All Star Game but it was really dark, I've never seen any footage from those games. That play was sweet, what was that, about '82, '83? They looked like kids.

I understand the reasons why I guess, but it's disappointing that high profile players don't do offseason All-Star Games and charity events anymore.

Ya I used to take those mid summer nights classic Magic charity games... I think those highlights are from 89 or 90 because I actually have them taped on some VHS tapes...:-) I used to take everything that had to do with Nique or the Hawks. I taped this one show called future stars of the nba in 88 which was a 30 pic segment hosted by John Havilcek that highlighted the careers of Isiah, Bird, Magic and Nique. Really awesome show. I'm gonna try and find it. I must have watched that 300 times as a youth. My friends were sick of me lol