• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

We only have 2 games on national TV this coming year.

• Moderators

High ... you got it backwards man.

We're boring because we don't have 3 things

- a superstar type scorer who can score 30+ points in a game at any given moment

- a flashy player that makes people go "oooooooo"

- a dunked that people want to come out to see

Now look at the Hawks. We don't have that guy who can drop 30 points on somebody at any given moment. We don't have a flashy player ( Schröder may be the flashiest, but he hardly plays ). And we don't have that high flying, creative dunker. ( Hawks were LAST in the league in % of made FGs that were dunks. )

That = no box office draw ... even at home.

So it's no wonder why other fan bases sees us as "boring". And that's the driving reason why we only got 2 national TV games.

Basically everything that our last superstar was.

130215155144-dominique-wilkins-1988-sing

And I completely agree North.  We don't get on TV because we are a boring team.  Same goes for Memphis.  Good team that wins isn't the only thing that the casual fan wants to see.

Edited by PSSSHHHRRR87

My god who cares?

bye1.gifIf you're talking about only having 2 games on TV, I do. As a Hawks fan on the west coast, I'd love to be able not have to rely on laggy streaming sites for a change...  

If not, carry on. lol. 

Edited by Mdizzle5

bye1.gifIf you're talking about only having 2 games on TV, I do. As a Hawks fan on the west coast, I'd love to be able not have to rely on laggy streaming sites for a change...  

If not, carry on. lol. 

You do know that with leaguepass you can enjoy a crisp internet stream in addition to being able to watch most of the games on TV, right?

Yes... however, League Pass is far too rich for my blood. lol. 

Well.....if it makes you feel any better I used to have to wait months for one of my uncles to send me a recorded VHS and newspaper boxscore of just one Hawks game when I was living in Africa as a kid.......and the tape wasn't even compatable with our video player.

Keep hope alive, maybe someday we'll live long enough to see 30 nationally televised Hawks games or you'll have Bob and Nique broadcasted into your living room TV and Ipad, and laptop, and smartphone, and d*ck Tracy video watch and telepathically directly into your brain all at the same time.  I still get blown away by all the tech available these days.

• Like 1

To us basketball purists, we are not a boring team.  We run good plays, make nice cuts, hustle, and shoot 3s.

To the casual fan we are as boring as they come.  That won't change unless we win a championship with said team or get a player that's a household name.

For the time being I'm fine being under the radar in the regular season.  We'll get our publicity come playoffs and hopefully we won't screw it up nationally and maybe pick up some of the casual fans along the way.  I'm honestly fine with just two games nationally though.

Yes... however, League Pass is far too rich for my blood. lol. 

I agree that it's a bit much for what you pay.  I did the pick 5 and was letdown at the number of blackouts, delay, and other issues.  I'm going with ballstreams this year for my Roku http://www4.ballstreams.com/

I know Dolfan used to rave about it so I'm looking forward to hopefully getting more bang for my buck! 

Edited by AUhawksfan

I agree that it's a bit much for what you pay.  I did the pick 5 and was letdown at the number of blackouts, delay, and other issues.  I'm going with ballstreams this year for my Roku http://www4.ballstreams.com/

I know Dolfan used to rave about it so I'm looking forward to hopefully getting more bang for my buck! 

If that's a better, more consistent and less pricey option, I may look into that as well. 

NBA League Pass here. Can't go a year without that or the NFL ticket.

I have tried streams for the games where we play the Wizards (I get them blacked out here for some reason)...how people watch that is beyond me. What a nightmare.

Edited by Duff_Man