• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

NBA 2k15

TJR4536

Damn, 2k15 sucks in my opinion. Gameplay, presentation, and fluidity went the NBA Live route, and they messed with the shots just enough to make it annoying. Not a fan at all.

Agreed...just played my first game...fluidity blows..why are they copying live when they were better. Dang it, don't mess with a good thing. Also I flipped through historic teams and its the same damn ones. Put in some new old school teams.

Ps I beat the Rockets in Atlanta..88-84

Korver 26 points player of the game

Teague 18 points 6 dimes

Schröder 14 points 5 dimes

Payne had 6 points 2 rebounds and 1 assist (4-4ft's)...his free throw release is cool as the other side of the pillow..lol

• Premium Member

I don't like the shooting mechanics, seems stiff. And the servers...wow. Just horrible right now. I also bought a PS4 camera and while the scan of me looks good when I actually play in a game my face is way too white and it is a completely different skin color than the rest of the player's body.

Still, it is fun.

Good to see we can still get away with silly trades.

Seriously. I didn't propose those trades, I just used the "view trade offers" and put those guys up to see what deals I could get.

I haven't got it yet but I have a couple of questions if someone doesn't mind answering them:

-what's Teagues rating in speed & quickness?

-what's Saps 3pt rating?

-what's Carroll's 3pt rating and on ball defense rating?

And last....sorry!

-What's thabos & baze on ball defense rating?

Online sucks right now. Outside of that this game is awesome. Im glad they added momentum to players. The shot timing addition helps eliminate some of the cheesiness. Now you can play through your bigs better and im loving this movement offense these teams have.

Also, dolfan, even if you get the disc you have to download to your system's hard drive. Its just the way next gen is.

I got my face scan in and im on my 2nd 10 day contract with the hawks. We are a game out of the playoffs and on a 7 game winstreak since I got signed. Hopefully I'll be better by playoff time and we xan make some noise haha

Online sucks right now. Outside of that this game is awesome. Im glad they added momentum to players. The shot timing addition helps eliminate some of the cheesiness. Now you can play through your bigs better and im loving this movement offense these teams have.

Also, dolfan, even if you get the disc you have to download to your system's hard drive. Its just the way next gen is.

I got my face scan in and im on my 2nd 10 day contract with the hawks. We are a game out of the playoffs and on a 7 game winstreak since I got signed. Hopefully I'll be better by playoff time and we xan make some noise haha

Installing to the hard drive isn't a problem, it's that some people (not me) have slow internet connections and most people have data caps with their ISPs so downloading a nearly 50 GB game is a real concern. Luckily I've got a fast connection and no data cap so it's not a big deal to me, although it did take a while to download.

The BIG problem right now is that I can't even get a MyLeague started because after about 5 minutes I get the "must be connected to the internet" message and the game goes back to the home screen before I can even get the league created. It's seriously pissing me off and apparently tons and tons of people are having the same problems with the internet connection issue again this year. Considering I'm hard wired to my console this shouldn't be an issue but for the however many straight year the 2k servers are sucking. 

• Like 1

Well at least they're kind enough to create a server status page that shows you how crappy their servers are, which makes it a BRILLIANT idea to have the game be so reliant on a constant online connection. Of course even when you have that connection, the dumb ass game thinks you don't because of their craptastic servers.

post-5-0-71255300-1412919123_thumb.png

• Moderators

I hate the move to require that games be online to be usable even in single player modes.  I hope that goes by the wayside like a lot of other bad software protection schemes companies have tried and dropped in the past.  

I hate the move to require that games be online to be usable even in single player modes.  I hope that goes by the wayside like a lot of other bad software protection schemes companies have tried and dropped in the past.  

I wish that were the case but it doesn't seem to be. I just don't understand how after so many years, especially last year, of their servers having massive issues, how they can make that be so tied into the game again this year. 

All I wanted to do was play a MyLeague franchise mode and I decided I wanted to try and do a fantasy draft and I've tried 3 times and can't get through the 3rd round before it kicks me out and nothing was saved the whole time. To me that's just stupid. Why not have an auto-save after the settings of the league, then after each round if there's a draft?  Or why even require an active internet connection during that time? 

And don't even get me started on how annoying the "2k Beats" box is that pops up and covers a good chunk of the screen that has menu options behind it or the NBA TV show that's constantly playing in the background on the main menu. I'm sure that sucker is eating up bandwidth downloading the latest episode. 

So far I am highly disappointed with this game and I haven't even played a single minute of it.

But one positive, the face scan thing is pretty awesome. Only took about 5 minutes and although it makes me look like I'm the kid from the movie Powder in my facial skin tone, it does seem to look structurally like me, which is a nice touch. Plus that's something nice for other games to look at when playing against me :)

I wish that were the case but it doesn't seem to be. I just don't understand how after so many years, especially last year, of their servers having massive issues, how they can make that be so tied into the game again this year.

All I wanted to do was play a MyLeague franchise mode and I decided I wanted to try and do a fantasy draft and I've tried 3 times and can't get through the 3rd round before it kicks me out and nothing was saved the whole time. To me that's just stupid. Why not have an auto-save after the settings of the league, then after each round if there's a draft? Or why even require an active internet connection during that time?

And don't even get me started on how annoying the "2k Beats" box is that pops up and covers a good chunk of the screen that has menu options behind it or the NBA TV show that's constantly playing in the background on the main menu. I'm sure that sucker is eating up bandwidth downloading the latest episode.

So far I am highly disappointed with this game and I haven't even played a single minute of it.

But one positive, the face scan thing is pretty awesome. Only took about 5 minutes and although it makes me look like I'm the kid from the movie Powder in my facial skin tone, it does seem to look structurally like me, which is a nice touch. Plus that's something nice for other games to look at when playing against me :)

Do you need something extra for the face scan? I'd love to put my handsome mug up there but I'm also afraid ill look like Mike Meyers in the Love Guru when he was a kid..lol

Wow, i haven't had the server issues like being described here. Lucky I guess. But, I completely agree that games can't be required to get out to the net given the overall crappiness of the internet connections. 

Game play is good. I do find it does lack fluidity in places and it is obvious NO ONE knows how to program for these next gen systems yet. I expect the textures and blending will look better as the years go on, but right now 2K14 is a better looking game.

In terms of the Hawks, I really enjoy playing Payne. He's a beast going to the hole. 

I got MyGM working and i find it interesting but overall annoying. You have to deal with the owner, players, staff, etc pretty much every few days of simulated game play. Second, your avatar doesn't wear a shirt. WTF is that about? Trades are a little clunky but I finally figured it out. And, yes you can still pull ridiculous trades. There is even a skill for in MyGM called "bait and switch" where you can dupe another GM. I haven't tried it yet, but I guess i could try to get Bron for DMC. 

Do you need something extra for the face scan? I'd love to put my handsome mug up there but I'm also afraid ill look like Mike Meyers in the Love Guru when he was a kid..lol

You gotta have the camera for your console that can scan you. What's really funny is scanning yourself, then going back and changing your skin tone so you can see what you'd look like white, black, hispanic, asian, etc. 

Can I buy the ps4 camera, take a picture for nba2k15 then return it? I have no other use for it than to take the Hawks to the finals and win the damn thing. I've waited a while to lead this Hawks squad. I'm very excited to do it.

Wow, i haven't had the server issues like being described here. Lucky I guess. But, I completely agree that games can't be required to get out to the net given the overall crappiness of the internet connections. 

Game play is good. I do find it does lack fluidity in places and it is obvious NO ONE knows how to program for these next gen systems yet. I expect the textures and blending will look better as the years go on, but right now 2K14 is a better looking game.

In terms of the Hawks, I really enjoy playing Payne. He's a beast going to the hole. 

I got MyGM working and i find it interesting but overall annoying. You have to deal with the owner, players, staff, etc pretty much every few days of simulated game play. Second, your avatar doesn't wear a shirt. WTF is that about? Trades are a little clunky but I finally figured it out. And, yes you can still pull ridiculous trades. There is even a skill for in MyGM called "bait and switch" where you can dupe another GM. I haven't tried it yet, but I guess i could try to get Bron for DMC. 

Yeah that GM stuff sounds like the same thing from last year. Basically it's all just a ploy to get you to buy VC and then be able to buy extra magical GM powers like being able to talk other GMs into trades or trick them. It's crazy how important VC is to the game and unless you play the game all the time, you're gonna have to fork over real money to improve your player or GM quickly. 

Can I buy the ps4 camera, take a picture for nba2k15 then return it? I have no other use for it than to take the Hawks to the finals and win the damn thing. I've waited a while to lead this Hawks squad. I'm very excited to do it.

I suppose that you could yeah. But apparently the server issues have caused a lot of peoples face scans to disappear and then they had to re-do it. 

You gotta have the camera for your console that can scan you. What's really funny is scanning yourself, then going back and changing your skin tone so you can see what you'd look like white, black, hispanic, asian, etc.

Lol.. That's awesome. Oh man I want this camera but $60 just for a scan of my face is expensive as hell. 

Well the good news is that you're likely to break it with the scan, so you'll have a legit reason to return it :saythat:

ZING!!!! Alright ya got me put her there (handshake fat bastard to Austin Powers)