• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

NBA 2k15

TJR4536

Finally got a response from 2k. Seems that I'm far from the only one having these issues.  It's been 48 hours now and this is the only response I've gotten, which should tell you how many trouble tickets they're getting. 

Dear Dolfan23,

This is an automated update to your ticket. Thank you for bearing with us during the biggest launch of the year. We are experiencing a much higher quantity of questions and requests than normal during this period, and are working to address each and every one of them. We are grateful for your patience during this time.

We also wanted to take a minute to note that several issues experienced by customers during NBA 2K15's launch week have already seen dramatic improvement. That said, if you are still encountering the issue you reported, please don't hesitate to respond to this message and let us know.

We want to assure you that this automated response will not make you lose your place in the queue, and we will answer your inquiry as soon as possible.

Sincerely,
2K Support

Played it on PS4 and its ok. Online has never been fun for me because the slight lag throws off timing on shots etc. Offline gets old after a while too.

I don't enjoy playing online either. It's laggy and there's too many kids on there with too much time to play who are way better, which is really not all that fun lol. 

I like to play franchise mode and create a superstar (whatever it's called) mode and when that gets boring I switch back to Madden or UFC. 

I don't enjoy playing online either. It's laggy and there's too many kids on there with too much time to play who are way better, which is really not all that fun lol. 

I like to play franchise mode and create a superstar (whatever it's called) mode and when that gets boring I switch back to Madden or UFC. 

That was me last year. 185-8 online w/ the Pistons, Hawks, and Bucks. Won 100 in a row at one point :')

• Like 1

That was me last year. 185-8 online w/ the Pistons, Hawks, and Bucks. Won 100 in a row at one point :')

Man one time maybe in 2k13, i was playing online againet the Thunder. Dude put Kevin Durant at center and if he score 50 or 60 points, only 8 to12 points were 2 pointers. It was the most annoying experience ive ever had on a video game. I mean he was hitting contested 3 pointers like layups.

• Moderators

Are you gonna do nba live? I used to play nba live all the time in the 90's on my sega genesis. Used to love it. Back then I don't think I had many options of different games tho. I remember Shawn Kemp and Glen Rice being unstoppable for some reason lol.

Rice and Kemp were beasts.  Big guys who could dunk (Hakeem, Smits, etc.) were amazing and anyone who could shoot the 3 ball were the best.  I remember loving Sabonis as well because he would destroy people from the 3pt line.

I never liked the swingmen nearly as much.  Kemp >> Jordan in mid-90s NBA Live.

• Moderators

Oh yeah I usually try and find slider sets out there from places like Operation Sports as they usually have really good ones (for Madden as well).  I don't think they have any good ones out yet but should soon. 

I tried playing a little last night and wow it's tough shooting this year. You really have to release the shot MUCH quicker than previous years. Plus I feel like the players are on skates a bit more than before and it feels like players are moving slower as well. 

If there are injuries and players feel like they are on skates, let me recommend this strategy:

http://youtu.be/owk4S0GGDbU?t=2m7s

• Like 1

If there are injuries and players feel like they are on skates, let me recommend this strategy:

http://youtu.be/owk4S0GGDbU?t=2m7s

Ah man that's good stuff! I think that was about the time I stopped playing hockey games too but damn they were fun back in the day. I could be the Red Wings and nobody could touch me. 

Well you're kinda old to be one of those kids but I am glad I didn't play you either way! 

I'm glad you got a fantasy league going Dolf. I admit I never try doing a fantasy draft but all my online issues on the ps4 were about the 2k servers screwing up on Myplayer.

I am actually not going to play that roster as it's pretty bad and I don't like having to rush through making my choices. Honestly I don't even know why I want to do a fantasy draft anyway, I guess I wanted to simply because it isn't working properly lol. 

I'm sure if I tried the MyPlayer option it would screw up on me as well. 

My major complaint about these online save requirements is when something goes wrong, you lose all of your progress. I don't understand why they don't save the file locally and then upload it to the servers. It's just terrible programming logic IMO. 

I also hate the always online requirement.

And on XBox having to have an XBox Live subscription. I don't know how parents do it these days with games costing so much, game systems costing so much and then having to have these little extras as well. It's almost easier to just drop your babies off at the firehouse. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Well only 17 days and I finally got a useless response from 2k. Now that's amazing support! At least they are admitting they're aware of this issue. I finally gave up on trying to do a real fantasy draft on there, taking my time to figure out my roster, and started playing a season with the Hawks regular roster. 

Tim L., Oct 28 12:25:

Hello Dolfan23,

Thank you for contacting 2K Support, and for your interest in NBA 2K15!

I understand that you were or still are experiencing issues connecting to the online servers and I fully understand how frustrating that must be. Our team has been working hard to get this matter taken care of completely as quickly as possible and the issue should be resolved by now.

Thank you for your patience during this launch period and should you still experience any connection issues or if you are having any other problems please reply back to me and provide me with as many details as possible.

With regards,
Tim L. 
2K Support

Speaking of 2k, how do you guys shoot in this game? It seems with the shot stick that you have to shoot A LOT faster now. I used to pull DOWN on the shot stick and then release at the top of their jump and I was a pretty good shooter. Now half the time when I do that I either get a traveling violation or an airball. The only times I can make a jumper now is if I push UP on the shot stick and release it almost immediately.  Am I doing something wrong?

You used to be able to do a nice fade away jumper by pulling DOWN (maybe UP worked too) on the shot stick and pulling AWAY from the basket with the left stick and you could hold the shot stick down for almost a second for a sweet looking shot but not anymore as that's an automatic traveling violation. 

Well only 17 days and I finally got a useless response from 2k. Now that's amazing support! At least they are admitting they're aware of this issue. I finally gave up on trying to do a real fantasy draft on there, taking my time to figure out my roster, and started playing a season with the Hawks regular roster.

Speaking of 2k, how do you guys shoot in this game? It seems with the shot stick that you have to shoot A LOT faster now. I used to pull DOWN on the shot stick and then release at the top of their jump and I was a pretty good shooter. Now half the time when I do that I either get a traveling violation or an airball. The only times I can make a jumper now is if I push UP on the shot stick and release it almost immediately. Am I doing something wrong?

You used to be able to do a nice fade away jumper by pulling DOWN (maybe UP worked too) on the shot stick and pulling AWAY from the basket with the left stick and you could hold the shot stick down for almost a second for a sweet looking shot but not anymore as that's an automatic traveling violation.

What a sorry response, geez. I have the same issue with the shot. I tend to release it faster than before. When I try to do a fadeaway, it looks clean but then they call traveling on me. I'm starting to get used to it but its taken 3 weeks.

What a sorry response, geez. I have the same issue with the shot. I tend to release it faster than before. When I try to do a fadeaway, it looks clean but then they call traveling on me. I'm starting to get used to it but its taken 3 weeks.

At least it's not just me. I absolutely hate it though and I find myself getting so pissed at the game that I don't even want to play it. 

At least it's not just me. I absolutely hate it though and I find myself getting so pissed at the game that I don't even want to play it.

Ya me too... If I want to do a sweeping two handed fadeaway in the lane then I should be able to do it. It's like the game told Dirk Nowitzi's pet move to go f*ck itself. Lol. Sometimes I yell at the screen to the refs to no avail...it's like I wanna get t'd up to prove my point but alas it's just a game...:-(

Ya me too... If I want to do a sweeping two handed fadeaway in the lane then I should be able to do it. It's like the game told Dirk Nowitzi's pet move to go f*ck itself. Lol. Sometimes I yell at the screen to the refs to no avail...it's like I wanna get t'd up to prove my point but alas it's just a game...:-(

I don't know about in this years game since I turned the Kinect off for 2k but last year if you cursed at the screen you'd get T'd up. It was pretty cool actually. 

I don't know about in this years game since I turned the Kinect off for 2k but last year if you cursed at the screen you'd get T'd up. It was pretty cool actually.

Omg u serious? I woulda been the Sheed of techs lol

Omg u serious? I woulda been the Sheed of techs lol

Yeah I would say if you had a good console to try it, but since you've got the PS4 I'm not sure you can do the voice stuff. But if you can, try it and see. I bet they still T you up. But you gotta be blatant about it, can't be all namby pamby. 

Yeah I would say if you had a good console to try it, but since you've got the PS4 I'm not sure you can do the voice stuff. But if you can, try it and see. I bet they still T you up. But you gotta be blatant about it, can't be all namby pamby.

Oh I can be direct. Just ask my intramural bball refs lol