• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

If Ferry stays on as GM...

Sothron

I don't think most people feel that way and if they did he wouldn't have a prominent role as a commentator and ambassador of the game.

I disagree with that. I've heard Charles Barkley say why he hates white people on national TV. I've heard shaq make racist remarks far worse than anything ferry said.

Both of those guys are prominently featured on NBA shows. If you don't know what I'm referring to, it's Shaq's message to yao ming, something like "Ching Ching ya ya ying".

• Like 1

If Ferry is still GM on the first night fans should come dressed a little African. Hell, the team could turn this around, hold a toy drive for "little africans". Halftime show would be some little people africans jumping around. I mean its harmless right?

That's not helping, that's making a mockery.

• Premium Member

When we've bee fed nothing but turd pudding and turd sandwiches from our GMs for the past oh I dunno, 20+ years, of course whomever the new guy is are going to give us hope and belief that he's going to turn it around. So far Ferry has done a good job and he's got the program going in the right direction. If anyone here really thought that in 1 year with Bud (and without our best player) that we were all of a sudden going to win the championship then that's your problem with expectations, not Ferry's problem with delivering.

Seriously though, tell me when was the last Hawks team that was this DEEP in talent and still had all of our future draft picks? I'll wait...

You really think we'd have this team turned around in 1 season?  Really Dolf?  I was the dude telling everybody to be patient with Josh, Chill, Marv, Woodson, and BK for YEARS.  My problem is, I don't see us as very deep and certainly not deeper than we've been in recent times.  Horf and Teague have been here for years alongside JJ, Marv, and Smoove.  We were deeper and closer to the ECF's when we had Crawford coming off the bench.

Future draft picks...

Again, these picks can and do produce decent players.  DECENT.  We have a team full of decent players.  We've had decent players for YEARS dude.  It always ends in the 1st or 2nd round.  We need a difference maker and your chances of landing that kind of player with the kind of picks we'll have...is not very good.  Not sure how many times and different ways I can say that...the odds just aren't in our favor with these picks.  Sure we could pick up some decent guys.  That's not enough.

How do we advance past the elite teams without a LONG shot free agent acquisition or the surprise emergence of an impact player (equally long odds IMO)?  There isn't enough firepower on this team to take down Cleveland or Chicago - and if you're honest, and not a homer, you give us at best...even odds against several other teams in a 7 game series.  How do we get the difference maker?  We got two years to do it, because then Al's a UFA.  It's not even a given that we'll get Paul back.

I understand you guys are optimistic.  Personally, I don't see how it's any more exciting or promising than when the hottest young stud (Joe Johnson) wanted to play for us and we had a ton of raw talent.  Or when we had JJ and all that talent and we were a breath away from picking up Kevin Durant.  It's certainly not more promising than when we added Mutombo.  

You'll have to forgive me for blaspheming against the great Golden Ferry, but he really does need to win at least ONE playoff series before I can even THINK about praising this dude.  Until then, we haven't accomplished anything...and until we get out of the 2nd round, Ferry has done no better than any former GM.

Kinda convenient that you forgot to talk about how the Hawks were the number 3 seed and playing great ball until Horford went down  and a series of injuries robbed the team of momentum - I dont like losses, but I do like to see a team embrace a team philosophy and even in the losses the team played hard and gave me all I needed to see to know we are moving in the right direction.

Bonzi " Thug" Wells ?? Really ?? That dude was a piece of trash  that always made excuses and and blamed others for his poor play and bad behavior.  Anyone that would quote that pos as a credible source is living outside of  reality.

Great ball? See ... This is what I'm talking about. We were a "whopping" 16 - 13 at the time Horford went down. We were only 1 of 3 teams in the conference that had a winning record in the East. And we had played a bottom 5 strength of schedule up until that point. We hadn't even gotten into the meat of our schedule yet, and we were barely over .500.

The season before, the Hawks were 19 - 10 in the first 29 games of the season. We were the 3rd seed only because most of the conference sucked. You know that, right?

It's just wierd how people are spinning last season. We even went through one of our worst stretches in franchise history, losing 14 of 15 games. Even teams with injuries play better ball than that.

We needed a significant talent or 2 to help this team out. A guy like Deng, while not an All-Star, would've represented a significant upgrade to this roster. So would a lot of other people. But fans are all giddy about Thabo Sefolosha and Kent Bazemore?

That's the used car salesman in Ferry. Trying to convince people that all we need is marginal talent, because the system is so good.

No ... This is a league in which you need significant talent.

Great ball? See ... This is what I'm talking about. We were a "whopping" 16 - 13 at the time Horford went down. We were only 1 of 3 teams in the conference that had a winning record in the East. And we had played a bottom 5 strength of schedule up until that point. We hadn't even gotten into the meat of our schedule yet, and we were barely over .500.

The season before, the Hawks were 19 - 10 in the first 29 games of the season. We were the 3rd seed only because most of the conference sucked. You know that, right?

It's just wierd how people are spinning last season. We even went through one of our worst stretches in franchise history, losing 14 of 15 games. Even teams with injuries play better ball than that.

We needed a significant talent or 2 to help this team out. A guy like Deng, while not an All-Star, would've represented a significant upgrade to this roster. So would a lot of other people. But fans are all giddy about Thabo Sefolosha and Kent Bazemore?

That's the used car salesman in Ferry. Trying to convince people that all we need is marginal talent, because the system is so good.

No ... This is a league in which you need significant talent.

16-13 with a totally revamped roster , new coach, new system. No more Iso - Joe , no more being held hostage by the antics of Josh Smith Superstar.  For the first time is years I got to see hard nosed team basketball and not rely on one individual pounding the bball while everyone else stood around uninvolved. 

It took a lot of balls to do what Ferry did , and you can try to disparage him with monikers like " used car salesman " all you want, but anyone that could convince another gm to take on JJ's contract and get us a choice of ours or their number 1 draft choice is the kind of used car salesman  I want running the show.  And to top that off he didnt fall for the illusion of  " endless potential " which was Josh Smith.  The fact that the team is cancer free with a clean bill of health and  a load of cash is a miracle in itself.

Ferry inherited a team that was going nowhere and has found a few gems along the way that fit perfectly into the system we are running .  If you expected a 1 year turnaround Im sorry your disappointed.  I guess your strategy was to tank the season and hop efor the best with a fluky  chance to get a lotto pick ??  To each his own , but  losing on purpose has never been my cup of tea.

I think we all know that a retool takes a little time - all the while you have players taking less money to play with perceived Superstars  to win a title - how do you compete with that ?? You dont - you select players that fit your system - if you get a diamond in the rough  you get lucky -- and it happens .  But for every team that wins the Lebron sweepstakes or the Carmelo sweepstakes , there are 29 other teams that missed out.  Compare what the Houston gm did trying to lure  Superstars there ( unloading players or not resigning )  - how did that work out  ??