• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The lawyer who could be the next owner of the Hawks

Admin

A lawyer? Ugh! A group? Double ugh!! ASG gone? Totally worth it!!!

http://pagesix.com/2014/09/12/is-this-lawyer-the-next-owner-of-the-atlanta-hawks/

Entertainment and sports attorney Doug Davis — whose clients include Lil Jon, Swizz Beatz and Metta World Peace — is a leading contender to purchase the Atlanta Hawks, sources tell me.

Davis, the 40-year-old son of legendary music mogul Clive Davis, is assembling an owners group comprised of music and entertainment executives, artists and celebrities, several of whom have ties to the Atlanta area.

The team is for sale following owner Bruce Levenson’s disclosure of a 2-year-old email, in which he complained that not enough white fans were coming to games because they were afraid of the black fans.

Davis and his partners will need to come up with big bucks in light of the recent sale of the Los Angeles Clippers for $2 billion.

• Premium Member

According to CViv, Davis is a legit candidate.

Edited by Jody23

LOL, there is music/entertainer rich and then there is actual RICH.

Oprah. She cant  get Ferry, Leveson and Gearon on the comfy couch and the truth will come out.  Seriously thouh I dont know if she has any connection to Atlanta but she has the money and she transends any colour barrier. She could heal this situation fast and when FA players call mom for advice on where to sign Moms going to say get your butt to Atlanta and play for Oprah !

Edited by NJHAWK
  • Like 2

Oprah. She cant  get Ferry, Leveson and Gearon on the comfy couch and the truth will come out.  Seriously thouh I dont know if she has any connection to Atlanta but she has the money and she transends any colour barrier. She could heal this situation fast and when FA players call mom for advice on where to sign Moms going to say get your butt to Atlanta and play for Oprah !

But can you imagine the players around the league how they'd be heckling our players for playing for Oprah? 

And her owning the team sure wouldn't do much to put the target age white male audience in seats as they're generally not supporters of Oprah. 

But it would certainly be interesting if she did. Does she really have any interest in basketball? 

But can you imagine the players around the league how they'd be heckling our players for playing for Oprah?

And her owning the team sure wouldn't do much to put the target age white male audience in seats as they're generally not supporters of Oprah.

But it would certainly be interesting if she did. Does she really have any interest in basketball?

Why would they heckle players for playing for Oprah? She's on the Mount Rushmore of black celebrities. Most players can't even name half the owners in the league outside of Jordan and Cuban. Lebron could dunk on Pero and start flexing and she would yell "that's not very nice, Lebron" and he'd probably hang his head and say "sorry mam".

White middle aged males may not be her target demo but their wives certainly are. And if the wife wants to go to a Hawks game then she's going and you're paying for it.

That and Phillips would be packed just from fans wanting the halftime and post game giveaways: "and you get a car! And you get a car! And you! And you!" "And if the Hawks score 100 points in a win you all get a brand new iphoooooooone!" "And my recommendation for my book club is Dominique Wilkins' new book "By The Nimbers" available in the team store and bookstores everywhere!".

If I could on my phone I'd link the SNL skit of Oprah's giveaways. That one lady's head exploding gets me every time.

Why would they heckle players for playing for Oprah? She's on the Mount Rushmore of black celebrities. Most players can't even name half the owners in the league outside of Jordan and Cuban. Lebron could dunk on Pero and start flexing and she would yell "that's not very nice, Lebron" and he'd probably hang his head and say "sorry mam".

White middle aged males may not be her target demo but their wives certainly are. And if the wife wants to go to a Hawks game then she's going and you're paying for it.

That and Phillips would be packed just from fans wanting the halftime and post game giveaways: "and you get a car! And you get a car! And you! And you!" "And if the Hawks score 100 points in a win you all get a brand new iphoooooooone!" "And my recommendation for my book club is Dominique Wilkins' new book "By The Nimbers" available in the team store and bookstores everywhere!".

If I could on my phone I'd link the SNL skit of Oprah's giveaways. That one lady's head exploding gets me every time.

The same reason players made fun of Rams players for playing for Georgia Frontierre(sp?) because it's weird for pro athletes to play for a female owner.

Or the same reason they'd make fun if Dr Phil or Judge Judy or Montel owned the team, they're daytime TV people.

You may have a point about the wives driving their husbands to the games but I'd highly doubt Oprah would be at games and this why would the wives care?

At this point it would take big giveaways to draw the fans in!

https://screen.yahoo.com/oprah-50th-birthday-presents-000000004.html

(can't figure out how to embed it though, big surprise)

I still don't see any connection or reason why Oprah would be interested in the Hawks. Or how it would connect the city.

Yahoo doesn't offer an embed option, they're crappy. That video is hilarious though.