• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The lawyer who could be the next owner of the Hawks

Admin

Well if you saw the crowds for Opah's the life you want weekend here in tge Atl you would want her for an owner. She knows how to market. Screw the sexist Neanderthals

So she's gonna be at every game and make an appearance to draw in fans? Otherwise I don't see how she'd be any sort of draw other than having deep pockets. 

So she's gonna be at every game and make an appearance to draw in fans? Otherwise I don't see how she'd be any sort of draw other than having deep pockets.

You have no clue. She branded Dr. Oz,

branded Dr. Phil, many authors, her own network. But, nah Dolf she isn't a bigoted white male prick, so I know your not interested

Edited by HawkItus

branded Dr. Phil, many authors, her own network. But, nah Dolf she isn't a bigoted white male prick, so I know your not interested

Dolf kinda mad she supported a guy we have in office now. One i am not a fan of him either but Orpah would be dope

Anyone who could make those two creepy freaks successful and believable has  to have a tight grip on the American trust.

Well Oprah is a draw in that anything she endorses, the stock immediately goes up. Companies killed to get on her "Favorite Things" or "Book Club" list because they knew that a mention on her show meant that they'd fly off the shelves. If she still had her daily show it would be a major step and benefit for both Ferry and Levenson to be cleared of this scandal. To place her on the level of other daytime TV hosts is an insult because she's well and beyond that, we're talking about a cultural icon that's also regularly making Forbes "most powerful" lists.

She wouldn't have to attend every Hawks game for people to know that she endorses them, I think the association of her name alone would put more butts in the seats. You'd be hard pressed to find many owners amongst all the sports that have that kind of power even if their net worth triples Oprah's. There's a reason why all these billionaires you've never heard of from these companies you've maybe heard of seek out the Jay-Zs, Timberlakes, Nellys, Will Smiths and Magics to be their public face, push them as part "owners" even when they barely own a fraction of a percent of a share in addition to having the Birds, the Ainges, the Isaiahs and Niques fill out their front office over guys with more degrees than the Celtics have banners...... Celebrity.

These guys may have the face and charisma for the boardroom but not Broadway. Having an owner like Oprah is a win on all accounts and I can't take an argument seriously that frames it in a negative light unless the key demo for people that attend basketball games are Texas cattlemen. Having an owner with name recognition to attract the casual fan, the capital to run a team, and the perceived lack of interest to not be involved in the day to day but rather allow basketball minds to manage basketball decisions would be a boon for the Hawks but as has been mentioned by Fanatic, why would the Hawks be so lucky? What's the draw for her and not the other way around?

• Like 3

Well Oprah is a draw in that anything she endorses, the stock immediately goes up. Companies killed to get on her "Favorite Things" or "Book Club" list because they knew that a mention on her show meant that they'd fly off the shelves. If she still had her daily show it would be a major step and benefit for both Ferry and Levenson to be cleared of this scandal. To place her on the level of other daytime TV hosts is an insult because she's well and beyond that, we're talking about a cultural icon that's also regularly making Forbes "most powerful" lists.

She wouldn't have to attend every Hawks game for people to know that she endorses them, I think the association of her name alone would put more butts in the seats. You'd be hard pressed to find many owners amongst all the sports that have that kind of power even if their net worth triples Oprah's. There's a reason why all these billionaires you've never heard of from these companies you've maybe heard of seek out the Jay-Zs, Timberlakes, Nellys, Will Smiths and Magics to be their public face, push them as part "owners" even when they barely own a fraction of a percent of a share in addition to having the Birds, the Ainges, the Isaiahs and Niques fill out their front office over guys with more degrees than the Celtics have banners...... Celebrity.

These guys may have the face and charisma for the boardroom but not Broadway. Having an owner like Oprah is a win on all accounts and I can't take an argument seriously that frames it in a negative light unless the key demo for people that attend basketball games are Texas cattlemen. Having an owner with name recognition to attract the casual fan, the capital to run a team, and the perceived lack of interest to not be involved in the day to day but rather allow basketball minds to manage basketball decisions would be a boon for the Hawks but as has been mentioned by Fanatic, why would the Hawks be so lucky? What's the draw for her and not the other way around?

tw0up8.jpg