• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Dolf, don't ever hit the self-destruct button here

Like what happened over at vikingsmessageboard.com:

Vikingsmessageboard.com is a Vikings fan site that has apparently existed for at least five years and had at least 2,000 users, per the Wayback Machine. Now it is gone, apparently forever:

vikingsmessageboard.0.png

We might've gone with banning those users with the ugliest opinions instead of shutting the whole damn site down, but we can't fault the message board owners for their strong statement. If you're a displaced Vikings fan looking for a place to go, might we recommend The Daily Norseman?

http://www.sbnation.com/lookit/2014/9/15/6155115/vikings-message-board-shuts-down-over-Adreian-peterson-scandal

I think we can look over at the Vikings, as Hawks fans, and say "now that is dysfunctional."

• Moderators

I think these athletes forget how strong and in shape they are.  Ray Rice snapping and hitting his fiance and now Adreian Beaterson going too far with his kid.  I see no problem disciplining your child, but you gotta know when enough is enough and that the child is just a child.  You can't let yourself get to the point where all you see is red.  Children are snotty, arrogant, sassy individuals that are a product of their environment.  They say something inappropriate, you pop that mouth and let that be that... You don't switch their ass bloody.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Let's loop this back to the original post: under no circumstances outside the Hawks leaving Atlanta should this site ever be shut down. I have seen some great fan sites of sports teams or video games or other random fandoms that just literally died when some admin decided to close them down despite having a great community.

I don't expect Dolf to ever do that but it is worth pointing out other places that do.

• Like 2

• Moderators

Let's loop this back to the original post: under no circumstances outside the Hawks leaving Atlanta should this site ever be shut down. I have seen some great fan sites of sports teams or video games or other random fandoms that just literally died when some admin decided to close them down despite having a great community.

I don't expect Dolf to ever do that but it is worth pointing out other places that do.

Even if the Hawks leave, the site shouldn't be terminated... At least not instantaneously.  I mean, there are still Supersonic forums... and all of them are after our Hawks...

• Like 1

Even if the Hawks leave, the site shouldn't be terminated... At least not instantaneously.  I mean, there are still Supersonic forums... and all of them are after our Hawks...

And to all the Sonics fans out there ... you want my team?   Well ....

200.gif

Even if the Hawks leave, the site shouldn't be terminated... At least not instantaneously. I mean, there are still Supersonic forums... and all of them are after our Hawks...

If the Hawks ever moved we wouldn't shut down, we'd just become a site for the new team.

That's crazy that Vikings site shut down over this. I understand taking a stand but damn. And yes 4 is too young to be whipped with a switch and I say that as someone who firmly believes in spanking your kids and I grew up picking switches for whippings from time to time.

If the Hawks ever moved we wouldn't shut down, we'd just become a site for the new team.

That's crazy that Vikings site shut down over this. I understand taking a stand but damn. And yes 4 is too young to be whipped with a switch and I say that as someone who firmly believes in spanking your kids and I grew up picking switches for whippings from time to time.

Lol, I used to make sure to pick the switch with the least little nubs in it.  Good times, good times ...

Lol, I used to make sure to pick the switch with the least little nubs in it. Good times, good times ...

I usually got dad's big ass leather belt, after him saying you know what you've got coming. Or I got the special Dolfan23 only paddle at school. But from time to time I guess I'd get to entertain him by picking the switch. I'm sure they were rolling inside watching as we picked them on the tree.

But 4 is way too young to be whipped with a switch.

I usually got dad's big ass leather belt, after him saying you know what you've got coming. Or I got the special Dolfan23 only paddle at school. But from time to time I guess I'd get to entertain him by picking the switch. I'm sure they were rolling inside watching as we picked them on the tree.

4 is definitely too young for switch whipping. They lack the understanding for that kind of discipline.

Never had to pick a switch - it was the belt or a shoe. Mommy typically did the lashing, if Daddy got involved it was for something really serious.

Then again I actually preferred the lashes from Daddy - might have been harder but it was limited to like 3 or 4 lashes in the palm or over the back. The Mommy lashings went on and on and ended up all over with tons of yelling.....aaah memories.

Dad was a principle, he had the leather belt for school lashing called Big Bertha. He warned us - don't ever have to get lashes at school cause there would be more to come at home. It sucked having Dad as the principle.

Edited by JayBirdHawk

Yeah, I found the bigger the belt the less it'd hurt.  Those skinny belts really stung.  Picking the switch was more of a psychological punishment just like the "just wait til your dad gets home" line.  Torture.  In case any of you haven't figured it out, I'm a bit of a whuppin' connoisseur.

I haven't seen the Peterson photos but I'd generally say a full scale whuppin at 4 is too much especially when it comes from a full grown NFL athlete.  There should never be a time when blood is drawn.  And like, JBH said, they don't understand it's discipline and not you expressing hatred.

And in the saga of the Vikings, they went with suspending Peterson indefinitely, then allowing him back the next week, getting public backlash, and now suspending him indefinitely again.

Back and forth with media and public perception for them. That story is ridiculous, but I'm not really able to comment on it as I haven't followed it that closely. But the similarities to the outcry over released information and the Hawks fiasco is uncanny. People are not patient! And because people are not patient, they almost instinctively pick a side then hang on it even after other information is leaked. Very similar to the Hawks fiasco.

I find it hard for anyone with critical thinking skills to look at the Hawks situation and find ANY good guys. I don't think a single person is good here. From Levenson to Gearon to Ferry to Kassim and now what might possibly be Nique...man. I just don't know anymore. And the reason why I am saying possibly Nique is because there seems like something fishy is going on:

This guy, Marin J Morse has been someone that Nique keeps retweeting and favoriting. Martin seems like a shady person and the events surrounding the Hawks make it appear like the information leaks and Kassim press conference has been orchestrated to a degree. Martin is a part of Forefront Capital where they specialize in legacy wealth and brand explosion, whatever the hell that means. Their website looks like they lifted it straight off of a template. If this was 15-20 years ago then this is comparable to geocities. They don't actually DO anything.

Those two tweets clearly have it out for Danny, rightly or wrongly.

What the hell is the team? Clearly it is involved with Nique.

Yea this is very interesting indeed. How do you dig this stuff up? Anyway this is almost starting to get a conspiracy feel to it. Would you agree? Like this whole thing may have been organized in one way or another. Interesting indeed

• Premium Member

If you're having to go to such effort to punish your 4 year-old child, you're not doing spanking right. At that age, the threat is usually enough.

Oh, and weird story, but I got a paddling in high school as a senior. It was the most ridiculous thing. Didn't hurt, and mostly just pissed me off.

• Moderators

And in the saga of the Vikings, they went with suspending Peterson indefinitely, then allowing him back the next week, getting public backlash, and now suspending him indefinitely again.

Back and forth with media and public perception for them. That story is ridiculous, but I'm not really able to comment on it as I haven't followed it that closely. But the similarities to the outcry over released information and the Hawks fiasco is uncanny. People are not patient! And because people are not patient, they almost instinctively pick a side then hang on it even after other information is leaked. Very similar to the Hawks fiasco.

I find it hard for anyone with critical thinking skills to look at the Hawks situation and find ANY good guys. I don't think a single person is good here. From Levenson to Gearon to Ferry to Kassim and now what might possibly be Nique...man. I just don't know anymore. And the reason why I am saying possibly Nique is because there seems like something fishy is going on:

This guy, Marin J Morse has been someone that Nique keeps retweeting and favoriting. Martin seems like a shady person and the events surrounding the Hawks make it appear like the information leaks and Kassim press conference has been orchestrated to a degree. Martin is a part of Forefront Capital where they specialize in legacy wealth and brand explosion, whatever the hell that means. Their website looks like they lifted it straight off of a template. If this was 15-20 years ago then this is comparable to geocities. They don't actually DO anything.

Those two tweets clearly have it out for Danny, rightly or wrongly.

What the hell is the team? Clearly it is involved with Nique.

His Twitter description is weird too:

Changing the business of sports. Actualizing legacy wealth and brand explosion. The Time Is Always Now.

Changing the business of sports? Dafuq does that mean?

Edited by PSSSHHHRRR87

Yea this is very interesting indeed. How do you dig this stuff up? Anyway this is almost starting to get a conspiracy feel to it. Would you agree? Like this whole thing may have been organized in one way or another. Interesting indeed

Because he's crazy? Nique better be careful not to leave his bunny lying around or it could end up being boiled. 

If you're having to go to such effort to punish your 4 year-old child, you're not doing spanking right. At that age, the threat is usually enough.

Oh, and weird story, but I got a paddling in high school as a senior. It was the most ridiculous thing. Didn't hurt, and mostly just pissed me off.

I was routinely paddled all through high school as I was always trying to get away with something. I was on the football team so our VP was our WR's coach, the group I played for, and he was always trying to catch me so I had my own special paddle. Ah good times.