• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Farewell to Clutch and Swoop?

lethalweapon3

• Moderators

The 2K15 floor was the first hint, the "We are very sorry" apology letter the second one. Now...

Are the ornithologically-correct "Clutch" logo and its associated alt-logo "Swoop" going bye-bye for good?

~lw3

• Like 1

I think "Clutch" is safe for the meantime.

Or at least I know in the past that the NBA has some sort of hefty "branding" fee for any team wishing to change their primary logos.  It's why you often just see a color palette swap of the original primary logo even if you're witnessing a real takeoff with the design or quantity of the secondary logos.

• Like 1

Not the whole uniform change I was hoping for. I guess GM JR. designed the current uniforms so beside WLOC we also have WLOU. I really hate Gearon Jr.

The WLOC era isn't over. The current .. err .. exiled GM is doing the exact same thing.

Edited by TheNorthCydeRises
  • Like 1

• Premium Member

The 2K15 floor was the first hint, the "We are very sorry" apology letter the second one. Now...

~lw3

What if the New Owner is free to change the name of the team?

No Longer the Hawks?  What if our new name was something like the Crossovers?

Crossover_Logo_by_raven669.jpg

• Premium Member

I enjoy the red, white and blue.  I love America.

Blue is actually my favorite color.  Like @yungsta, I just feel like R/W/B is WAY overused...

Jerseys.jpg

I think the Raps have purple in there, but in the grand scheme...close enough to blue.  It'll be hard to really stand out when you're using red because so many teams have it, but there are too many red/white/blue combos for me.  I also don't like this..."happy" red that we're using lol:

4158947401_6288fb8776.jpg

I'd like more of a blood red with black and yellow.  Maybe not this dark (Photoshop quickie), but certainly not that My Little Pony red we're currently using.

red_er.jpg

Blue is actually my favorite color.  Like @yungsta, I just feel like R/W/B is WAY overused...

I think the Raps have purple in there, but in the grand scheme...close enough to blue.  It'll be hard to really stand out when you're using red because so many teams have it, but there are too many red/white/blue combos for me.  I also don't like this..."happy" red that we're using lol:

I'd like more of a blood red with black and yellow.  Maybe not this dark (Photoshop quickie), but certainly not that My Little Pony red we're currently using.

Oh yeah I bet you'd like red and white or red and yellow. You commie! 

• Like 3

Remember guys - I predicted the City was going to buy the Jersey sponsorship rights to the Hawks........Atlanta is now the Official Host City  and Jersey Sponsor of the Atlanta Hawks.  (Ha ha - just try to move the team to Seattle now boys.  You will have to buy a whole bunch of new uni's driving up the cost even more.)

Edited by Randy
  • Like 1

Remember guys - I predicted the City was going to buy the Jersey sponsorship rights to the Hawks........Atlanta is now the Official Host City and Jersey Sponsor of the Atlanta Hawks. (Ha ha - just try to move the team to Seattle now boys. You will have to buy a whole bunch of new uni's driving up the cost even more.)

Good call. Makes sense

Looking back on things, maybe the Red, White, and Blue color change was a attempt to gather in the patriotic, White male demographic. Kinda like how someone on here pointed out how the changed the brown basketball that the Hawk clutches ... to a Confederate Gray basketball.

Or maybe they wanted to be like the Braves.

I like the current color scheme, but it wouldn't bother me one bit if they returned to that Hulk Hogan red and yellow scheme. Just come up with a better uniform and lettering/font design, and it would work.