• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Still time for Teague to turn his whole career around and breakout....

JTB

• Moderators

Just to clarify, I would not group Teague with Marvin.  Marvin never rose above potential.  Teague has been much more impactful than Marvin.  I just don't remotely understand the people who want to use end of the season numbers to pretend like he has been consistent.  Going from piss poor to burning hot is the definition of variance but some people think that means you are holding his hot period against him for some reason.  Teague is capable of having a much better season than last year's if he gets more consistent.  He absolutely can score more consistently, he can reduce his near league low A/TO ratio (driven by high TO), he can become a plus defender with his length and athleticism, etc.  

Horford and Sap don't have a lot of untapped potential.  They can do some more but Teague is the one with the biggest gap between his ceiling and his floor.  Even just elevating the floor without changing his ceiling will do a lot for him.  IMO, he may have some consistentcy / intensity issues like Marvin did but they are totally different in terms of their value to the team even as Teague is today.  (I.e., Teague is at a higher level than Marvin ever was).

Glad to see Teague making this a reality.

Scoring consistently?  Check.  Every month has been > 15 ppg and he has shot just about at or better than last season's average every month.

Passing?  Assists have been MUCH more consistent this year.  Most months are near his last season's best months and he hasn't had a single month where he fell off like last year (when he had 3 months averaging below 6 apg).

Ballhandling?  A/TO ratio is up 22% from last season.  2.75 this season; 2.28 last season.  The increased assists combined with a modest decrease in turnovers is bearing fruit on the floor.

Defense?  Emerging as a plus defender who spearheads the team's D.

All those stupid numbers that mean nothing?  They agree with the Squawk's reaction:  Teague has stepped it up bigtime.  (WS/48 has doubled since last season and his PER is up almost 30%). 

His improved play is a huge driver in this team's improved performance.

I knew teague could play at an all star level ...to be honest I think most of the squawk did we just didn't know when he was going to do it! Lol

Without creating another teague thread cause I have so many I would like to take this time to agree with chuck and Kenny also some of the guys from NBA TV who said teague is really capable of being a superstar!

I fully agree but that is up to teague. Dude has even more potential than what he's doing now. There were a lot of games this season teague could have had 35 point games but due to his unselfishness ways and team first attitude he got his team involved to put the nail in the coffin on their opponents.

Teagues defense has been damn near elite this season and he is so smart and knows what to do when the game is coming down to the end.

I've heard Kenny Smith, Chuck, guys from NBA TV and even skip bayless say teague is becoming a star and by star they mean at the star level of cp3, d rose type...it's no wonder why teague has been in the top 10 for the MVP and the last 2 weeks top 5 sitting at number 4! This dude teague along with horford & sap are franchise cornerstones! The future is bright in the ATL!