• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Can Diaw be the poor mans Jason Kidd?

Admin

I know that many of you guys will laugh at me for that statement, but if you think about it it's quite possible. They are both terrific passers and rebounders and both have a weak offensive game as far as shooting goes and are both best suited towards getting to the basket for their points. Kidd has developed a better 3pt shot than he used to have and I think that with time Diaw will also improve from long range and hopefully mid-range as well. So what do you guys think, am I nuts or can Diaw be a 12ppg, 6-8rpg, 6-8 apg type of guy?

Those stats seem very realistic to me if Diaw works hard on his game and keeps developing. He's one of the few pleasant surprises on this team in my eyes. Diaw and maybe SAR (if he comes at a reasonable price) are the only 2 I see possibly sticking around for the future. I know you mean Kidd as far as triple-double capability so, although less quickness and scoring ability, Diaw should have an edge in rebounding, blocks, FG%, and ability to post-up bigger and smaller players.

I think Diaw is going to be a heck of a player. He just has terrific court sense and is a very good defender. The only weakness in his game that I see is his perimeter shooting, and at least he understands that it is a weakness. I don't see him forcing a lot of perimeter shots, and that's the reason he's a 48% shooter on the year.

Billy Knight made a very astute draft pick when he selected Boris Diaw.

i see in this season so far... even with the losing, DIAW SHINES!

he does things so well that doesnt even show up on the boxscores... he boxes out well/rebounds well.

U guys see that BLOCK going into halftime? as for his shot, its improved over the past few weeks...

the jason kidd seems be a stretch for now.. but he DEFINITELY has the court vision... he just cant make the pinpoint passes like KIDD... and hes little hesitant out there, not knowing when to pass/shoot.

Once AMERICAN BASKETBALL becomes 2nd nature to him, hes gonna be a POINT FORWARD (like Kukoc) with less offense and more defense... wait a minute, isint that PIPPEN?

for now, i say PIPPEN

That's all you can ask from a 19 yr old 22nd pick. He does remind me of a young Scottie Pippen and if he can just continue to work on his offensive game, he could turn out to be a very solid NBA player. He would be a very good player on a team that had a lot of offensive fire power because his inability to shoot at this point would not be much of an issue.

I know Dog was a hated man for the most part on this board but a lineup of:

Theo

Reef

Dog

Diaw

JT

would have been solid. I honestly think that's what Billy Knight had in mind when he drafted Diaw but then Kasten/AOL decided to trade Dog for salary purposes and Knight never got to see if that lineup could have worked. Diaw would have played the role of big guard to compliment JT, initiator of the offense and defensive stopper/rebounder. Oh well, water under the bridge now.