• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Break out year for horford 3ball?

JTB

I'm getting indications from some recent articles I've read (really it's probably just me)that bud is going to allow horford to shoot more 3 balls than what we may think....I mean a ton more!

Can you imagine how that would change the hawks if this does happen?....I mean seriously! You get good consistent shooters like sap and horford to start knocking down the 3 ball and the lanes will start opening up like craaazzzzyyyyy!

I know, I know we don't need more shooting which I agree to but horford is a face up big, extending his range to be more of a threat mid & deep is a smart move.

If this happens, we will see Teague attacking the goal relentlessly and hopefully baze too.

How in the hell are teams going to defend that? You rarely ever see 2 starting bigs that can knock down the 3 ball consistently. It can really throw teams off and force them to switch to smaller lineups.

He's got a great touch and it stretches the defense no doubt. I'm on the fence about this though cuz we need somebody in the paint who can bang. I guess if he could do both that'd be awesome.

Big mistake if he starts shooting a "ton of 3's".

If he starts taking timely 3s, I'd have no problem with that, if he could make a high percentage.   The last thing we need though, is another guy looking to jack up 3 to 4 threes a game, and only shooting a mediocre percentage from that range.

Horford is a midrange MONSTER.   I don't want to lose the efficiency from that area of his offense, just for the sake of expanding his range.   We saw EXACTLY what it did to Chris Bosh.   He was a guy that went from attempting an acceptable 74 threes . . . to 218 threes ( shooting 34% from that range ).   If Horford can't shoot in the high 30% range from 3, we don't need him jacking up a ton of 3s just to be doing it.

• Like 1

If he starts taking timely 3s, I'd have no problem with that, if he could make a high percentage. The last thing we need though, is another guy looking to jack up 3 to 4 threes a game, and only shooting a mediocre percentage from that range.

Horford is a midrange MONSTER. I don't want to lose the efficiency from that area of his offense, just for the sake of expanding his range. We saw EXACTLY what it did to Chris Bosh. He was a guy that went from attempting an acceptable 74 threes . . . to 218 threes ( shooting 34% from that range ). If Horford can't shoot in the high 30% range from 3, we don't need him jacking up a ton of 3s just to be doing it.

This - couldn't agree more - I don't want Al standing at the free throw line waiting for 3's. Even if here's there - Al is quick enough to put the ball on the floor and get to the rim.

Pero has a great pump fake from 3 but then he either gets in the paint and passes or misses. Al will get buckets if defenders are flying out at him and he goes to the rim.

If he starts taking timely 3s, I'd have no problem with that, if he could make a high percentage. The last thing we need though, is another guy looking to jack up 3 to 4 threes a game, and only shooting a mediocre percentage from that range.

Horford is a midrange MONSTER. I don't want to lose the efficiency from that area of his offense, just for the sake of expanding his range. We saw EXACTLY what it did to Chris Bosh. He was a guy that went from attempting an acceptable 74 threes . . . to 218 threes ( shooting 34% from that range ). If Horford can't shoot in the high 30% range from 3, we don't need him jacking up a ton of 3s just to be doing it.

Well first off i mean a ton of 3s for horford. Let's be clear bud wouldn't let horford or any other hawk just jack up 3s! Our coach wouldn't tolerate such a thing but I can see bud positioning horford for corner 3s quite a bit!...or a lot I should say.

A ton of 3s for horford would be around 75-100. I think primarily he stays a mid range beast in buds offense with the ability to hit a wide open 3 consistently when defenses are daring him and maybe a couple of plays ran his way for 3 point attempts.

Hell No. I want his three point attempts at a flat zero while he concentrates on getting to the line more, shooting around 55%, and corralling a few more ORs.

That's Pero's role: he's been doing it his whole career and he has the much better pump fake. I hate Bosh's transformation to much softer, safer player just because of his selfish aim to extend his career. I'd probably stop being a fan of Al if he began to drift and spot up. The day can't come soon enough when all this "stretch 4" and "combo guard" en vogue mess dies down. I blame the current college format, but that's another rant.

Edited by benhillboy