• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Payne impresses in camp. Explosive and very very good addition to team

Admin

• Moderators

People forget that Pero did not see the floor much unitl Al got injured.  Ayón was the back-up.

Once Al was out though Pero was getting 20 minutes a game until he got hurt in January.  I feel like Pero was getting more minutes than Ayón

Schröder will be our most improved player..just a hunch.

I sure as hell hope so.  He has all the tools.  He just needs to put them together and get to the point where he just reacts and doesn't overthink. Get a consistent shot and the sky is the limit.

Once Al was out though Pero was getting 20 minutes a game until he got hurt in January. I feel like Pero was getting more minutes than Ayón

Before the injury Ayón was the primary backup, when Al went down Pero started. Bud didn't want to disrupt the bench continuity with Ayón.

Then Ayón went down, he played in 26 games.

I haven't checked to see how many games or minutes that Pero played in before Al.

Most thought Ayón would start after Al went down.

Edited by JayBirdHawk

Two people go to school to learn to be a mechanic.

One comes in with all the tools he is required to have. 

The other one does not.

Just because we say that student #1 "Has all the tools"

doesn't make him an expert mechanic.  It means he's ready

to go.

When any of us say, "Payne has all the tools" that doesn't mean

that he an expert NBA player.  Far from it.  But it does mean that

he's there and ready to learn and, if he has a good basketball IQ,

then we expect him to get his share of time on the floor.

At least that's how I see it.

sun_bespectacled.gif

• Like 2

Yep I see Payne getting most of his minutes at C. I expect it won't be long until he's pushing Pero down the depth chart.

I don't recall any time where Al was THIS excited about a rookie. That alone excites me.

It would be great to see Payne become horfords main backup but will bud really give this kid more backup minutes at center than granddaddy brand?

I agree. I think Payne will be at Center and the Scott signing makes it kind of obvious. That second unit is going to be explosive if Schröder can take that next step.

Hope you're right! I love that bench lineup!

Dennis, Baze, Thabo, Scott, Payne

Any chances we will have one of the best benches in the nba this year?

• Like 1

It would be great to see Payne become horfords main backup but will bud really give this kid more backup minutes at center than granddaddy brand?

This is not Mike Smith and the Falcons where he plays vets who shouldn't be on the field.

Bud won't be afraid to play the rookie.

Really? Well duh - isn't that true about most things in life.

No, not really. Ask  a person that ended up in prison for a crime they didn't commit rather or not you have to prove your claims. They will tell you no, all you need is to get the right people to believe you and that's what the prosecution found.

Ask a person that has been locked up in a mental institution if you have to prove your claims. They will tell you no, they can lock you up in a mental ward for a certain amount of days with no test, no proof of mental illness other than there opinions, they can then let you go before the situation gets to the courts and they have to provide adequate proof. Thus, they never ever have to provide adequate proof.

So, my point is it is all based on what you have seen in life. Don't think the amount of likes you receive means you are right.

Edited by MrMeltdown

Payne was a bad pick and he will not make a positive contribution to this team this year with his overall performance. Very much like Dennis last year, his contribution will be negative as they try to force him into the lineup at times when he is clearly not ready.

• Admin

13 and 7 per game is pretty darn good in summer league for a rookie. I think you'll be shocked when you see he gets most of his minutes at C. 

on 0.375 shooting....  he got lit up a lot too.  I don't think he is ready just yet but who knows.

• Admin

Payne was a bad pick and he will not make a positive contribution to this team this year with his overall performance. Very much like Dennis last year, his contribution will be negative as they try to force him into the lineup at times when he is clearly not ready.

I don't think he was a bad pick ... he could turn into a really good player.  Just not right away

• Moderators

Comparing Payne to Schröder doesn't make any sense since Dennis was young, skinny, raw PG with no US basketball experience.  Payne is an experience college player in one of the nations top programs and has the body for the nba already.   Plus he ain't playing PG.   There's a reason there aren't many really good 20 year old PGs in regular rotation in the nba.    

• Like 1

Comparing Payne to Schröder doesn't make any sense since Dennis was young, skinny, raw PG with no US basketball experience.  Payne is an experience college player in one of the nations top programs and has the body for the nba already.   Plus he ain't playing PG.   There's a reason there aren't many really good 20 year old PGs in regular rotation in the nba.    

I totally disagree. Comparing Dennis and Payne is rather sensible. They both play positions that we already have players that are much more accomplished playing and that will not allow them to get much time and show much growth.

I love how you say this so factually.  And you know this because.....

I mean seriously, give the guy the benefit of the doubt and ability to prove himself first.

This is not Mike Smith and the Falcons where he plays vets who shouldn't be on the field.

Bud won't be afraid to play the rookie.

Your not talking about kroy beirman our you?

Lol that guy is awful and Nolan is an overrated dc

No, not really. Ask a person that ended up in prison for a crime they didn't commit rather or not you have to prove your claims. They will tell you no, all you need is to get the right people to believe you and that's what the prosecution found.

Ask a person that has been locked up in a mental institution if you have to prove your claims. They will tell you no, they can lock you up in a mental ward for a certain amount of days with no test, no proof of mental illness other than there opinions, they can then let you go before the situation gets to the courts and they have to provide adequate proof. Thus, they never ever have to provide adequate proof.

So, my point is it is all based on what you have seen in life. Don't think the amount of likes you receive means you are right.

Whaaat? :-0

Alrighty then. You missed the most important word in my post 'MOST'

And just because you say it was a bad pick doesn't make it so, you have to prove it.

Whaaat? :-0

Alrighty then. You missed the most important word in my post 'MOST'

And just because you say it was a bad pick doesn't make it so, you have to prove it.

You don't fully understand the word most. Go ask most people that have been through things which I describe and see what they say. You are wanting to use most in the way you want to strengthen your argument and so am I. So, you really have no business telling me what I do and don't understand. I understand and think you do too.

Edited by MrMeltdown