• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

How in the world is bud going to give all these guys pt?

JTB

First off its nice to know we won't have to play any "small ball" in our back court anymore unless bud chooses too, but man looking at the SG/SF positions we are stacked!

Buds a genius coach and has learned from the best but....

-there's talent to be seen in Bazemore & Jenkins

-there's defense to be played with Thabo & DMC

-there's a sharp shooter you have to make sure that gets plenty of opportunities to shoot the ball cause he's just flat out beast at the 3ball in Korver.

I mean it's a good situation to have knowing we have some talent on the wings but that's 5 guys right there that need a good amount of pt to show their stuff.

I seriously doubt mike Scott gets a lot of time at SF this year since we are a lot deeper at the wing positions this time around.

Conclusion:

I don't know how bud is going to do it but he must have some type of plan or they wouldn't have set it up like this. All I know is that Jenkins is intriguing again because he CAN be a lights out shooter and Bazemore just flat out has all around talent that in my opinion can take korvers starting position if he really gets it going, dude has tons of upside and that's why bud pushed for him so hard.

DMC & Thabo can cause some havoc on the defense end with their high energy play so I do believe bud probably plays both those guys the majority minutes at SF with maybe Scott playing very little spot minutes.

So maybe I'm ranting for no reason about the SF position but I'm still really confused about the SG position on minutes more so than any other position on our team! Reason is, is because Korver needs his shots and Jenkins too so you HAVE to give them time to get in a shooting rhythm but at the same time you can't just leave Bazemore on the bench! Bazemore in my opinion just has too much upside...I can agree he's this years 2nd to Teague "I hope he has a breakout season" player and he's honestly the only other wing player we have other than Teague that has driving ability which we badly need with no offense post presence.

It will be interesting.

• Admin

I don't see KK losing his starting spot...he has probably one of the biggest impacts on offense due to him spreading the floor. They can never double off of him and it only helps Teague, Al and Paul.

Jenkins will be the odd man out due to his lack of size and more importantly his lack of D

• Like 2

• Moderators

Korver and DMC start.

Bazemore and Thabo are first off the bench.

Scott gets a couple minutes at SF so he can fill some time because the PF minutes are going to be limited with Sap, Horford, and Payne eligible for that time and better players (assumption on my part with Payne).  A dual-PG lineup gets a couple minutes every other game.

Jenkins only gets mop-up time.

My guess.

Teague/Mack

Korver/Thabo

DMC/Thabo

Sap/Scott/Payne

Horford/Antić/Payne

Most of the playing time will go to 9 guys. The starters and Mack, Thabo, Scott, and Antić off the bench. Thabo will turn out to be your significant addition.

• Premium Member

I can see us going 10 or even 11-deep, it only depends on Bud applying the SAS system to jkeep players fresh for the playoffs.

So

Teague - Mack

KK - Baze

DMC - Thabo

Millsap - Scott - Payne

Horford - Antić

Jenk needs to prove himself. Same with Schröder and Muscala, who is thought to be transitioning to a stretch-4 role. Brand is a valuable veteran, excellent locker room guy and a willing mentor.

If the Hawks are healthy throughout the season, these guys should play garbage minutes only.

• Like 1

Hate to bring it up, but injuries happen and the minutes problem is solved.  It seems to me (though I can't prove it) you play a guy too much, he gets injured more often.  You don't play guys enough and the team never quite gels, esp. if the minutes from night to night and the lineup change.  Guys seem to do better when they now where they stand, even if they don't get as many minutes.  So I agree that unless things go badly, we probably continue to start DMC and Korver.

Edited by Randy
  • Like 1

It's a good problem to have.

Glad it's not my problem.

More options and versatility for Bud to experiment and deploy during the regular season.

Starters: Teague, Korver, DMC, Millsap, Al. That's a given. The rest is all fluid as of now.

Questions:

1. Can Schröder beat out Mack for the backup spot?

2. Will Baze be ready to go full bore at the start of the season from his foot injury? So does that give Jenkins a shot at some early minutes? If Baze isn't ready and JJ struggles, Thabo may be KK's backup with Scott seeing time at SF.

3. Is Payne or Scott the primary backup to Sap?

4. Will Payne see significant time at Center backing up Al?

5. Where does Moose fit in The rotation?

6. Will Bud use an Al/Payne/Sap front court?

When was the last time we started the season with 15 guys on the roster?

• Moderators

Kind of depressing to see no one predicting a significant role for Jenkins or Schröder.  That is the #17, 18 and 23 picks in the 2012-13 drafts and we don't even have someone slotted to be a regular in the rotation according to the fans on this thread so far.  From their inception, the Spurs have never had 3 consecutive first round picks who failed to deliver something meaningful for the team but with the Hawks' draft history it would be a multiple repeat event.  Hopefully this is just a slower development curve and they will be there by the end of the season.  

• Like 4

Kind of depressing to see no one predicting a significant role for Jenkins or Schröder.  That is the #17, 18 and 23 picks in the 2012-13 drafts and we don't even have someone slotted to be a regular in the rotation according to the fans on this thread so far.  From their inception, the Spurs have never had 3 consecutive first round picks who failed to deliver something meaningful for the team but with the Hawks' draft history it would be a multiple repeat event.  Hopefully this is just a slower development curve and they will be there by the end of the season.  

It's difficult for Jenkins because of the back injury.

I'm calling it - I'm predicting that Dennis starts off the season as Teague's back-up.

It's difficult for Jenkins because of the back injury.

I'm calling it - I'm predicting that Dennis starts off the season as Teague's back-up.

I agree, Mack was signed back as insurance in case Schröder doesn't make it. This team is built for a trade. 

I agree, Mack was signed back as insurance in case Schröder doesn't make it. This team is built for a trade. 

There are a lot of options if we make a trade.  Agree the Schröder was left out above and that he'll be a force to be reckoned with.  This is a far cry from the days when we had to sign Pig Miller to fill out the bench.  Hope I'm wrong, but don't see a lot of pt for Jenk.  

Teague/Shredder

KK/Blaze

DMC/Sef

Sap/Payne

Horf/Antić

Only spot minutes for (great) Scott, Mack (da knife), Moose (head), (name) Brand, and lastly Jenk.

Edited by hazer