Are preseason games televised.

Canopy

Payne could be the best Dennis Rodman type player in the league if he stops thinking that he is a scoring option at this point.

The shots he missed were bunnies. He made those regularly in college (great inside shot FG%), so I will attribute those misses to jitters and it being his first NBA game. He has proven he has a very good 3 pt shot. I didn't know he was this good of a rebounder. I think he can be a great complete player for us.

• Like 2

• Premium Member

The shots he missed were bunnies. He made those regularly in college (great inside shot FG%), so I will attribute those misses to jitters and it being his first NBA game. He has proven he has a very good 3 pt shot. I didn't know he was this good of a rebounder. I think he can be a great complete player for us.

Not this year!

• Premium Member

Hmm who do believe about Payne. Horford or PBird... 

I just think that it would be a mistake to depend on him as a primary scorer...He is a complimentary score at best at this point in his career.  He should not be allowed to make decisions on offense because he would destroy the efficiency of the offense if asked to do so with turnovers and poor right now.  Will he be better at this in 2 years?  absolutely!  But his BBIQ isn't there yet! Plus we don't need him to score or as a decision maker anyway.  We need him on defense and on the boards more than anything.

I just think that it would be a mistake to depend on him as a primary scorer...He is a complimentary score at best at this point in his career. He should not be allowed to make decisions on offense because he would destroy the efficiency of the offense if asked to do so with turnovers and poor right now. Will he be better at this in 2 years? absolutely! But his BBIQ isn't there yet! Plus we don't need him to score or as a decision maker anyway. We need him on defense and on the boards more than anything.

Who said anything about Payne being a primary scorer? His points will come in the flow of the offense just like every one else. He can be a complete player for us this season if he can rebound, play good D and consistently hit his open looks.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Who said anything about Payne being a primary scorer? His points will come in the flow of the offense just like every one else. He can be a complete player for us this season if he can rebound, play good D and consistently hit his open looks.

A complete player can be a primary scorer and decision maker...Lebron is a complete player..Thabo is not!  just rebounding, D and hitting open shot is describing Thabo or DMC not Lebron

A complete player can be a primary scorer and decision maker...Lebron is a complete player..Thabo is not! just rebounding, D and hitting open shot is describing Thabo or DMC not Lebron

You can count the amount of complete players in the league on one hand if lebron is the benchmark. I think you have a different definition of a complete player than most people.

A complete player can be a primary scorer and decision maker...Lebron is a complete player..Thabo is not!  just rebounding, D and hitting open shot is describing Thabo or DMC not Lebron

Well using that as the benchmark is pretty lofty. It's semantics, but I think  most would consider a "complete player" as someone who can contribute positively on both ends. Muscala's or Jenkins' stat lines from last night work. Pretty good all-around games. 

I just think that it would be a mistake to depend on him as a primary scorer...He is a complimentary score at best at this point in his career. He should not be allowed to make decisions on offense because he would destroy the efficiency of the offense if asked to do so with turnovers and poor right now. Will he be better at this in 2 years? absolutely! But his BBIQ isn't there yet! Plus we don't need him to score or as a decision maker anyway. We need him on defense and on the boards more than anything.

Oh yeah no way should we rely on him for points. But I think you're going to be surprised by him on both ends of the floor this year.

My point was that it was coming off like you didn't think much of Payne and after hearing Horford get mushy talking about him I'm quite confident we made a great pick.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Oh yeah no way should we rely on him for points. But I think you're going to be surprised by him on both ends of the floor this year.

My point was that it was coming off like you didn't think much of Payne and after hearing Horford get mushy talking about him I'm quite confident we made a great pick.

Not at all, everyone knows that I absolutely love the pick but just think that it will take time for him to develop on offense.  He already has all of the skills to be a great defender, rebounder and effort guy. 

• Like 1

A complete player is simply someone who can play well doing a multitude of things (shooting, rebounding, defending, blocking shots). Payne can be a complete big man. You are talking about a superstar.

Edited by GameTime
  • Like 1

• Premium Member

A complete player is simply someone who can play well doing a multitude of things (shooting, rebounding, defending, blocking shots). Payne can be a complete big man. You are talking about a superstar.

Give me examples of complete players then.

Is the Memphis game going to be televised anywhere? I couldn't find any info on ESPN and hawks.com wasnt working on my phone. (Not looking for any of the free sites- going out of town to N Ga and forgot my wife`s laptop aka the malware laptop.) Any info would be appreciated. Kthxbye

Fwiw, the games against Miami and Chicago next week are being televised, just not a Hawks broadcast. You might be able to watch the games on DirecTV depending on your package. If you can't, you should be able to find a pretty good stream somewhere. The CHI game is actually showing up as a League Pass broadcast.

• Like 1