• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

I was wrong, Horford has it tough on the offense end!

JTB

Let's not forget, he's got the best player he's had in his career aside him in the frontcourt in Sap. (No offense to Smoove). Paul will make his job a little easier.

I know I'm a little weird, but am i the only one who's thought how great it would be if Horf and Sap would just team up and start tickling another player during a game? Not just anybody, but some player whose been particularly vexing for the Hawks, like Pierce or Garnett. For some reason, every time we play somebody like that i want to have Horf, Sap, and/or somebody just start creeping up to them with tickle fingers and get em really good, you know, until theyre on the ground crying and pissing themselves on tv. I have thought about this a lot (for some reason) and i think that Horf and Sap would make a great tickle team. Theyre big dudes with a lot of upper body strength. Right in the middle of a game, nobody would see it coming. Other players wouldnt get mad, theyd just be like, "Oh, for some reason those guys are tickling Paul Pierce. What`s up with that?" Horf and Sap would be all smiles, so nobody would think it was a fight or anything. And the dude would be laughing. Maybe theyd get a technical or something, but it would totally be worth it to see somebody like Pierce squeal like a little girl and pee his pants on tv.

Random thought, i know. But next time you are watching a game, just imagine Paul and Al ganging up on somebody in the middle of a game with tickle fingers. It`ll brighten your day and you can thank me for that.

• Moderators

I know I'm a little weird, but am i the only one who's thought how great it would be if Horf and Sap would just team up and start tickling another player during a game? 

I think the only other guy thinking about this is:

Lance-Stephenson-Blowing-Bubbles.jpg

• Moderators

I know I'm a little weird, but am i the only one who's thought how great it would be if Horf and Sap would just team up and start tickling another player during a game? Not just anybody, but some player whose been particularly vexing for the Hawks, like Pierce or Garnett. For some reason, every time we play somebody like that i want to have Horf, Sap, and/or somebody just start creeping up to them with tickle fingers and get em really good, you know, until theyre on the ground crying and pissing themselves on tv. I have thought about this a lot (for some reason) and i think that Horf and Sap would make a great tickle team. Theyre big dudes with a lot of upper body strength. Right in the middle of a game, nobody would see it coming. Other players wouldnt get mad, theyd just be like, "Oh, for some reason those guys are tickling Paul Pierce. What`s up with that?" Horf and Sap would be all smiles, so nobody would think it was a fight or anything. And the dude would be laughing. Maybe theyd get a technical or something, but it would totally be worth it to see somebody like Pierce squeal like a little girl and pee his pants on tv.

Random thought, i know. But next time you are watching a game, just imagine Paul and Al ganging up on somebody in the middle of a game with tickle fingers. It`ll brighten your day and you can thank me for that.

1237977238_pineapple-express-laughi.gif?

Let's not forget, he's got the best player he's had in his career aside him in the frontcourt in Sap. (No offense to Smoove). Paul will make his job a little easier.

Maybe offensively.  Definitely not defensively.   Smith is definitely better defensively than Millsap, while Millsap is definitely better offensively than Smith.

The difference of the overall team impact between Smith and Millsap is small.  On a scale of 1 to 10 . . . . if Smith rated as a 7, Millsap would be a 7.5

Maybe offensively.  Definitely not defensively.   Smith is definitely better defensively than Millsap, while Millsap is definitely better offensively than Smith.

The difference of the overall team impact between Smith and Millsap is small.  On a scale of 1 to 10 . . . . if Smith rated as a 7, Millsap would be a 7.5

I would disagree big time.  You are forgetting about an important thing called intangibles.  Smith's crappy attitude had an adverse effect on the team.  Smith's complaining to the refs instead of getting back on defense was another slight.  Smith's constant brainfarts in crunch time situations also hurt the team.  Millsap brings intelligence, leadership and hardwork every time he steps foot on the court.  No one in their right mind will ever say the same about Josh.

I would disagree big time.  You are forgetting about an important thing called intangibles.  Smith's crappy attitude had an adverse effect on the team.  Smith's complaining to the refs instead of getting back on defense was another slight.  Smith's constant brainfarts in crunch time situations also hurt the team.  Millsap brings intelligence, leadership and hardwork every time he steps foot on the court.  No one in their right mind will ever say the same about Josh.

I'm not forgetting anything.   Maybe you're forgetting that Smith was one of the best help defenders in the league.  Or that Smith routinely guarded 3 positions on the floor at times.  On defense, Millsap can't hold a candle to Smith.   And vice versa when talking about Smith on offense compared to Millsap.

I'm sorry man.   But until this current regime of players actually accomplishes SOMETHING, I'm not going to let people just trash the former group of players like they were garbage players or something.   They may have all driven us crazy at one point or another, but they were DAMN GOOD for the most part, when they were here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IdR5wJlPeR4

• Premium Member

I'm not forgetting anything.   Maybe you're forgetting that Smith was one of the best help defenders in the league.  Or that Smith routinely guarded 3 positions on the floor at times.  On defense, Millsap can't hold a candle to Smith.   And vice versa when talking about Smith on offense compared to Millsap.

Maybe 5 years ago that was true but not recently

Maybe 5 years ago that was true but not recently

He had his lowest Defensive rating in the 2011 - 12 season, when he posted a defensive rating of 96.   That rated him 5th in the league.   He also had 4.9 defensive win shares, which was #1 in the NBA that year.

In his final 4 years in ATL, Smith had Defensive Ratings of 101 - 102 - 96 - 101

Millsap has never had a Defensive Rating lower than 102 at any point in his NBA career.

Millsap is by far and away the better offensive player, and overall, slightly better than Smith.

24.gif

I'm sorry man.   But until this current regime of players actually accomplishes SOMETHING, I'm not going to let people just trash the former group of players like they were garbage players or something.   They may have all driven us crazy at one point or another, but they were DAMN GOOD for the most part, when they were here.

Where in my post did I say Josh wasn't a good defender? 

What did I say that was untrue?  I don't believe I am trashing a player if I am speaking in truths.  I enjoyed watching Josh throughout his career with the Hawks, but I am also happy that we currently have Millsap instead of him.

Edited by JETSET

Where in my post did I say Josh wasn't a good defender?

What did I say that was untrue? I don't believe I am trashing a player if I am speaking in truths. I enjoyed watching Josh throughout his career with the Hawks, but I am also happy that we currently have Millsap instead of him.

Doesn't matter if you are trashing smith! Truth is truth!

For all the good defense smith did he cancelled it out with terrible offense on the other end time after time...ALL DAMN GAME!

But we look at sap and sap is not just a better offense player than smith but way better to a point it's laughable to compare. Now sap isn't as good on defense but sap doesn't kill us on defense cause he does try and he plays smart when he tries.

It will always be.....

Smith=terrible offense, good defense

Sap=good sometimes great offense, avg. defense

Point is that sap is nearly superior to smith. The whole league knows this and it's no surprise sap was an all star and that smith still to this day ain't sniffing the all star game....smith is good wasted talent that could have been something talent wise and that's just too bad. When he finishes his career he will wish he had been smarter cause he's not necessarily dumb just way to confident in skills he didn't have.

Edited by JTB