• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Rank our BIG man rotation!

JTB

Do we have one of the top 5 big man rotations in the nba? Or does certain things need to happen in order for the team to have a top 5 big man rotation?

I like what we have! But certain things need to happen and I say teams will worry when we play them.

-horford (all star no worries)

-sap (all star no worries)

-Scott (need to become atleast a good 3pt shooter)

-moose (be our version of a upcoming tiago splitter)

-Payne (become an strong prospect and decent backup center)

-brand (all old timers can play well in limited minutes so I think he will be even better for us this season)

Your thoughts?

• Moderators

Moose seems a completely different player from Splitter on both sides of the ball. I am excited to see if he can enter the rotation, just not seeing the resemblance. The description of the rest of the bench works (although Payne may have more of a long term role at PF).

Sap is a borderline AS at his best. No worries. Horford is a solid AS with serious health worries.

I don't think we are top 5 but we have a lot of pieces that can be successful in Bud's offense and one plus defender in Horford (except against the largest big men where he can be overpowered). I am excited about our PF/C rotation and think it could be our best since Deke / Laettner.

• Like 1

• Moderators

Your homerism shines again!  Moose is nothing like Splitter.  Moose is a stretch 4, not a defensive center.  I will say that our big man rotation is improved, but we are still undersized and Payne/Moose are still green at this point.  Brand is PF masquerading as a center.  Horf/Sap are undersized, but efficient.  I'd put us top half of the league, maybe top 10.

Top 5 big man rotations:

1. Indiana - Hibbert/West/Scola/Copeland
  2. Chicago - Noah/Gasol/Gibson/Mohammad
  3. Memphis - Gasol/Randolph/Koufos
  4. Washington - Nene/Gortat/Humphries/Gooden
  5. Detroit - Drummond/Monroe/Smith/Jerebko

And I'm sure there is some team I'm forgetting.  Houston with Dwight/Jones and Portland with Lopez/Aldridge/Kaman/Leonard is good.  Best center in the league is out in Sacramento.  Denver is pretty good too.

• Moderators

LOL!

What's lol about that?  Drummond and Monroe were top 10 rebounders last season, top 20 in dub-dub's (Drummond was 2nd overall, Monroe was 16th), and both are 7-footers.  Josh Smith, although a bonehead, is still a very talented PF that stuffs the stat sheet and is one of the best defensive players in the league.  Jerebko is good backup center to have that has the ability to hit from the midrage.  So seriously, explain yourself, how is that a lol?

• Moderators

Your homerism shines again!  Moose is nothing like Splitter.  Moose is a stretch 4, not a defensive center.  I will say that our big man rotation is improved, but we are still undersized and Payne/Moose are still green at this point.  Brand is PF masquerading as a center.  Horf/Sap are undersized, but efficient.  I'd put us top half of the league, maybe top 10.

Top 5 big man rotations:

1. Indiana - Hibbert/West/Scola/Copeland
  2. Chicago - Noah/Gasol/Gibson/Mohammad
  3. Memphis - Gasol/Randolph/Koufos
  4. Washington - Nene/Gortat/Humphries/Gooden
  5. Detroit - Drummond/Monroe/Smith/Jerebko

And I'm sure there is some team I'm forgetting.  Houston with Dwight/Jones and Portland with Lopez/Aldridge/Kaman/Leonard is good.  Best center in the league is out in Sacramento.  Denver is pretty good too.

I wouldn't put Indy at #1 but I don't like either of those guys.   Chicago and Memphis are tough.   Brand is old and he definitely has PF skills but his size is underestimated.   I'm pretty sure his standing reach is more than Gortat who's considered a big center.   At this stage of his career I think Brand is a really good backup center.   Better than guys like Collins and Etan who had more typical size.

SVG is going to get a lot out of Drummond and Monroe.   I think we see some careers take off with him as coach

• Moderators

I wouldn't put Indy at #1 but I don't like either of those guys.   Chicago and Memphis are tough.   Brand is old and he definitely has PF skills but his size is underestimated.   I'm pretty sure his standing reach is more than Gortat who's considered a big center.   At this stage of his career I think Brand is a really good backup center.   Better than guys like Collins and Etan who had more typical size.

SVG is going to get a lot out of Drummond and Monroe.   I think we see some careers take off with him as coach

I agree about Indiana.  At first, I was just listing teams, but then turned it into a top 5 list.  I meant to put Chicago #1.

• Moderators

I agree about Indiana.  At first, I was just listing teams, but then turned it into a top 5 list.  I meant to put Chicago #1.

I expect Mirotic to also put in minutes at PF for the Bulls.  He was 17 and 5 earlier this week.

We're deeper than all those mentioned with 3 AS appearances between 2 guys in their prime. I'll take our chart slightly over anyone else's. I think yall forgot LAC, though. There may be some Melo fans too who actually think Bargnani and Amare can give you something. After they got drubbed by the Celtics I can't see how.