• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Tattoo Me Emoji

lethalweapon3

• Moderators

mike-scott-620x350.jpg

Excerpts from the Mashable interview, satisfying many fans' ink-lings about Mike Scott.

http://mashable.com/2014/10/13/mike-scott-emoji-tattoos-nba/

Do you get many comments on the court from other players?

Actually just the other day — Vince Carter. I have that lips emoji on my neck and he was asking me during the game if that was a specific lady's lips or whose lips or what. I said 'No, it's no one's lips. It's just the emoji lips.'

Vince is getting pretty old though. Do you think he really got it?

[Laughs] I mean, I don't think he understood they were emojis. Obviously I didn't have time to sit there and explain the whole emoji thing in the middle of the game. I just told him, 'Nah, nah, it's no one's lips, and kept going with the game.

So why emojis? I'd never really seen emoji tattoos before yours.

The story behind it is I just use emojis a lot when I text. It's me; it's original. People are doing it now, but no one else had it before I started getting into it. I dunno — I guess I started the trend. It's a trend I see now but for sure no one had it when I started.

Sometimes they say what you can't say. They can express the words that you can't say about how you feel. You can do a whole conversation just using emojis and people will understand. I actually do that a lot.

What's the one emoji that doesn't exist that you think is missing?

They definitely need a middle finger emoji. I can't think of many others but that's definitely one I'd like to use for a couple people.

~lw3

• Moderators

I like Mike a lot but not sure how he things he was the first to use emojis when I'm pretty sure when they became available to him to use they were available to about a 100 million people.  Not to mention the basic text emojis were invented around the time he was born.   Ah youth. :)

• Like 2