• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

He can only stop himself.....

JTB

• Premium Member

Teague is a really good player. I think he has shown enough under Bud to proove that. His biggest weakness is his inconsistency.

The term "playoff Teague" is accurate, but we had playoff Teague for a good part of last years regular season too. When he is good we are very hard to beat.

Teague appears to be more of an introverted player. I think he will always be up and down, we just hope the ups become more frequent. With Schröder improving it helps a couple ways. Teague has competition for minutes and that will hopefully push him, and when we have bad Teague we probably have another PG that can step in without it really hurting us.

• Like 2

Gets marked harshly, very harshly. His passing has been out of this world lately and that 3/4 court length bounce pass the other day where Korver or Sefo missed the easiest 3 of their lives was sublime. He is finding guys under the bucket with ease now.

Just wish the lad had more of a kill or be killed attitude. He is one of (if not) the quickest guards in the league. Wouldnt hurt to get some favorable treatment from the refs either... you know call a foul when its there?

This thread isn't truthful. Jeff can be stopped for numerous reasons. He isn't really a PG skill wise but he has improve to the point where his PG skills aren't a weakness anymore. He really isn't a good shooter. His court vision is weak still unless he is slashing which has improved this year. He seem to have very good court vision when slashing. His man D is good but his PnR defense is still a major issue and he lacks focus which you must have at PG. Sometime he has focus but sometimes he doesn't. It creates an inconsistent player in general. The good thing about Jeff is he can fit any system and he is very flexible in terms of what roles he can play for any team. So if we ever decided to trade him, he has a market as a starter or 6th man. Jeff like Lou, is a very good piece to a team who is one or two pieces away. For us, Jeff is valuable so his price will come at a high cost.

Edited by nbasupes40retired

This thread isn't truthful. Jeff can be stopped for numerous reasons. He isn't really a PG skill wise but he has improve to the point where his PG skills aren't a weakness anymore. He really isn't a good shooter. His court vision is weak still unless he is slashing which has improved this year. He seem to have very good court vision when slashing. His man D is good but his PnR defense is still a major issue and he lacks focus which you must have at PG. Sometime he has focus but sometimes he doesn't. It creates an inconsistent player in general. The good thing about Jeff is he can fit any system and he is very flexible in terms of what roles he can play for any team. So if we ever decided to trade him, he has a market as a starter or 6th man. Jeff like Lou, is a very good piece to a team who is one or two pieces away. For us, Jeff is valuable so his price will come at a high cost.

When Teague is aggressive, it's very hard to stop him. Now that he's starting to finish better around the basket, as well as find cutting players, to me he's become hard to stop even with a sub par jump shot. Edited by nathan2331

When Teague is aggressive, it's very hard to stop him. Now that he's starting to finish better around the basket, as well as find cutting players, to me he's become hard to stop even with a sub par jump shot.

A big part of Teague's aggressive isn't based on Teague. Usually if the team he is playing v. is poor at defensive rotations or the PG is a poor man defender. Also if the defense is weak at protecting the paint, Jeff tends to have his way. Sometimes Jeff can overcome it, most times he can't.

A big part of Teague's aggressive isn't based on Teague. Usually if the team he is playing v. is poor at defensive rotations or the PG is a poor man defender. Also if the defense is weak at protecting the paint, Jeff tends to have his way. Sometimes Jeff can overcome it, most times he can't.

With the PnR, it's hard for anyone to stop him from getting to the basket unless their big is very good at hedging. When he's focused he can get to where he wants on the court, and now he's getting better at deciding what to do. I do however agree with the rest of what you said about him. He is a good PG but barring a transformation in hire he mentally approaches the game, he won't get much better than he is now.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

With the PnR, it's hard for anyone to stop him from getting to the basket unless their big is very good at hedging. When he's focused he can get to where he wants on the court, and now he's getting better at deciding what to do. I do however agree with the rest of what you said about him. He is a good PG but barring a transformation in hire he mentally approaches the game, he won't get much better than he is now.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

Good post....

As far as Teagues skill set goes he can be an unstoppable player. I agree with nbasupe that Teague isn't a pure point gaurd but Teague has elite speed and penetration abilities to get to where he wants to go on the floor as long as he's aggressive....now that doesn't mean he's finishing just cause he's getting to the hole but his decision making is getting better weather he decides to score or pass.

Teagues biggest problem is himself. He lacks that killer instinct and it's annoying as hell! The type of player he is he needs to have that killer scorers instinct like a Westbrook, Kobe, MJ type or similar type mindset. If he never finds that this will probably be the best he's going to be.

What I hate most about what Teague does:

Is when he have games like against the lakers recently where in the first half he made Lin look like Gary Payton as Lin shut his ass down but then fast forward to the 2nd half and Lin can't hold him and Teague just assaults the lakers.....when Teague plays like that it makes people doubt him but when hawk fans who knows his abilities are watching him we are pulling our hair out cause we are wondering what the hell is going on and what it's going to take for Teague to start becoming aggressive.

I just want Teague to play aggressive all game regardless of anything. He plays aggressive hawks have a way better chance at winning even if Teague is having an off night as long as he's aggressive it just changes things for the good for the hawks.

To add Teague has too many 20pt games that could have been 40pt games. Have the killer instinct and blow these teams out when you have the opportunity!

Edited by JTB
  • Like 1