• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Oh, What a Tangled Webb We Weave...

lethalweapon3

Why would he give a shit about this team?

Because it's cool to own an NBA? Because more than likely it's an investment whose value will rise? Because he like basketball and the the am us for sale?

He has no ties to the Hawks but so what. He lives in Atlanta. Shaq had no ties to the Sacramento Queens Kings and now he owns a lil piece.

Edited by JayBirdHawk

• Premium Member

The fact that the ASG still hasn't met to determine how much of the team is for sale is concerning. I fear the current rifts in ownership are going to screw this team over yet again. As far as interest is concerned, I do suspect that there are single individuals who are interested in buying the team, but probably aren't interested in partnering with Gearon.

Yeah, like so many have said, it looks like the A$G is all set to screw us and this franchise yet again.

If they don't sell 100% no one's gonna get in line to work with these clowns.  Back-stabbing, litigious clowns at that.

Can you imagine the talks to negotiate them to sell?

"So, Mr. Gearon what figure would motivate you to sell-?"

"Eleventy-billion dollars!  Hahaha!" (high-fives Rutherford in the background)

"You tell 'em Mikey", whispers Rutherford.

"Sir, these are serious proceedings.  Let's get back to it.  Who, who's that in the background we're picking up some other voices?  Are you recording this-?"

"Uh, no no that's Seymour."

"Uh, Seymour who, sir?"

"Seymour Butts!!  Bwahaha!!" (fist bumps Rutherford)

The fact that the ASG still hasn't met to determine how much of the team is for sale is concerning. I fear the current rifts in ownership are going to screw this team over yet again. As far as interest is concerned, I do suspect that there are single individuals who are interested in buying the team, but probably aren't interested in partnering with Gearon.

Remember when we thought it was good vs. evil? (Belkin vs. the rest of the owners)

When and who they sell to...................it's got to be right.  Car salesman from Texas was screwed.  The pizza guy? from LA was screwed.  The whole ASG thing has been a FUBAR.  This city cannot take another friggin ordeal like what has happened over the past decade? 

• Like 2

Curious to hear why so many of y'all dislike Webber so much.  Whenever I've heard him do games he sounds fairly informed.  He's had some wacky moments in studio but that seems to be what they want those shows to be like.

IDK, I'd have more confidence in him leading the team than I would Nique with GoneGearon in the background tickle-fighting with Rutherford and the gang.

• Moderators

Yeah I don't know why we wouldn't want Webber.  I guarantee he knows more about basketball than about any owner in the league.  It's not like he's auditioning for GM.    In his statement he said keep the Hawks in Atlanta forever.   That works for me.

• Like 2

Curious to hear why so many of y'all dislike Webber so much.  Whenever I've heard him do games he sounds fairly informed.  He's had some wacky moments in studio but that seems to be what they want those shows to be like.

IDK, I'd have more confidence in him leading the team than I would Nique with GoneGearon in the background tickle-fighting with Rutherford and the gang.

I actually loved Webber as a player and he's one of the guys that I actually enjoy listening to when he is a commentator for games.  I'm just 100% against any one who is possibly siding with Gearon right now and throughout the future.  It sounds to me like they are trying to buy Levenson's share with Gearon and the crew remaining as part owners.  I can't back any one who is ok with Gearon remaining in position.  I will welcome Webber with open arms if they get rid of Gearon.

• Moderators

I actually loved Webber as a player and he's one of the guys that I actually enjoy listening to when he is a commentator for games.  I'm just 100% against any one who is possibly siding with Gearon right now and throughout the future.  It sounds to me like they are trying to buy Levenson's share with Gearon and the crew remaining as part owners.  I can't back any one who is ok with Gearon remaining in position.  I will welcome Webber with open arms if they get rid of Gearon.

I understand wanting Gearon gone but he doesn't work for the Hawks.   He's an owner!   So the only way he goes is if he decides to sell his stake.   No one can force him to do that, other than the nba.   So if we're waiting for the day when Gearon's gone to get a new owner or move on with life then that may be a long time coming.

I hear you.  The Webber statement does say they're looking to only buy Levenson's share but I didn't get the impression that they're in bed with the remaining clowners.  Now, I grant that it can be intimated that they basically have to be ok with working with them based on the mere fact that they're not seeking to buy them out.  I guess my rambling is trying to say that I don't think we know if they're "siding" with GoneGearon necessarily.

Like @macdaddy said though, we can't force GoneGearon out unfortunately.  However, didn't Levenson basically quiet them anyway.  They were out of the loop in terms of decisions, right?  Could the new group come in and keep them relegated to the shadows where they belong?  IIUC the FA meeting that started all this mess was done as a courtesy but wasn't necessarily required.

• Premium Member

I hear you. The Webber statement does say they're looking to only buy Levenson's share but I didn't get the impression that they're in bed with the remaining clowners. Now, I grant that it can be intimated that they basically have to be ok with working with them based on the mere fact that they're not seeking to buy them out. I guess my rambling is trying to say that I don't think we know if they're "siding" with GoneGearon necessarily.

Like @macdaddy said though, we can't force GoneGearon out unfortunately. However, didn't Levenson basically quiet them anyway. They were out of the loop in terms of decisions, right? Could the new group come in and keep them relegated to the shadows where they belong? IIUC the FA meeting that started all this mess was done as a courtesy but wasn't necessarily required.

While I'm not counting on the Atlanta faction to sell, I am hoping that they are at the very least made to be even more in the minority than they already were. Peopele can feel or say whatever they want about Ferry, but we got this group of players and a promising head coach all because he was allowed to do his job without interference. Now all that could be placed in jeopardy because of ego and jealousy.
  • Like 1

I understand wanting Gearon gone but he doesn't work for the Hawks.   He's an owner!   So the only way he goes is if he decides to sell his stake.   No one can force him to do that, other than the nba.   So if we're waiting for the day when Gearon's gone to get a new owner or move on with life then that may be a long time coming.

Well it may not make sense to you, but that's exaclty how long I will be waiting.  And I will be waiting a hell of a lot longer if the new ownership gets rid of Danny Ferry.  Buy this team and dump Ferry and I am 100% against you for the rest of your time here.

I hear you.  The Webber statement does say they're looking to only buy Levenson's share but I didn't get the impression that they're in bed with the remaining clowners.  Now, I grant that it can be intimated that they basically have to be ok with working with them based on the mere fact that they're not seeking to buy them out.  I guess my rambling is trying to say that I don't think we know if they're "siding" with GoneGearon necessarily.

Like @macdaddy said though, we can't force GoneGearon out unfortunately.  However, didn't Levenson basically quiet them anyway.  They were out of the loop in terms of decisions, right?  Could the new group come in and keep them relegated to the shadows where they belong?  IIUC the FA meeting that started all this mess was done as a courtesy but wasn't necessarily required.

Sure you can force them out.  Say I'm not interested in buying the team unless the whole team is for sale.  They would have very good reason to do that since Gearon has proven to be a snake.  I would never go into a multi-million dollar business deal with someone who has proven that they are willing to damage this business and my reputation for their own good.