• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

LeBron Recruited Joe Johnson?

So LeBron recruited for 4 different players. He got one of the 4 and wants to say that players just didn't want to go there. I mean, geez man. OK fine he "recruited" Joe once in 2005. scenic.gif

I just want the record to show that you aren't always right. - Gaius Julius Dolfan

"No disorder will be tolerated" - sorry @lethalweapon3

"No prostitutes" - sorry @AHF

"No unlcean tradesman may attend" - sorry @Wretch

"No dirty hippy seaweed eating whipped men" - sorry @Spud2Nique

BTW this is whom I picture @hawksfanatic as every time you post a smiley reading papers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nIMGmbbx37A

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ueH3ihTN4OI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zwmSMwXIkZQ

• Like 1

• Premium Member

I do remember that Joe was supposedly in the team up conversation with Lebron and Wade but ultimately it didn't happen.  Mainly because the Hawks dumped a huge pile of money in his lap right?   It's possible that the last year of Lebron in Cleveland he was trying to convince Joe to come there when he became a free agent.   Who knows what he means by 'recruiting'.

Yep.

When people remember the contract, they forget about "the summit".  Joe was supposed to Join Lebron and them in Cleveland.  I don't know what the teams were supposed to look like but Joe, Wade, Bosh, Stoudamire, Anthony, and a couple others were there.  The Hawks broke Joe out with the large contract.

I just want the record to show that you aren't always right. - Gaius Julius Dolfan

Me as I read through this and realized I didn't get a mention ...

sudcla.gif

It's ok.  I'm comin' to the HS Halloween party like this ...

hllwn.gif

BTW this is whom I picture @hawksfanatic as every time you post a smiley reading papers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nIMGmbbx37A

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ueH3ihTN4OI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zwmSMwXIkZQ

Oh, for the record. I'm an OCD/germaphobe/clean freak so you can't call me dirty....:-|

Edited by Spud2Nique

sudcla.gif

hllwn.gif

A Classic thread and no mention, this was my reaction:

kirk1.gif

sudcla.gif

hllwn.gif

Sorry @kg01 I thought about adding you in the comments and then I thought, nah nobody would know who I'm talking about if I mention him. :saythat:

Sorry @kg01 I thought about adding you in the comments and then I thought, nah nobody would know who I'm talking about if I mention him. saythat.gif

At first I was like ...

rckstr.gif

Then I was all ...

btchplz.gif

But now ...

oprah-won-t-accept-it.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Just lol at Lebron.  What a clown.

Here's his pregame speech to his teammates from last night.

http://www.sportsgrid.com/nba/lebron-james-delivers-incredibly-douchey-pre-game-speech/

“Don’t take this moment for granted. This is going to be one of the — this is one of the biggest sporting spectacles in the history of sports. And we’re a part of it. And it has a lot to do with me. I understand that. But I wouldn’t want to do it with no other guys besides ya’ll.”

Edited by JETSET
  • Like 1

Just lol at Lebron. What a clown.

Here's his pregame speech to his teammates from last night.

http://www.sportsgrid.com/nba/lebron-james-delivers-incredibly-douchey-pre-game-speech/

“Don’t take this moment for granted. This is going to be one of the — this is one of the biggest sporting spectacles in the history of sports. And we’re a part of it. And it has a lot to do with me. I understand that. But I wouldn’t want to do it with no other guys besides ya’ll.”

Lol ..and it has a lot to do with me..haha..

Aka Im kind of a big deal around here-Leb!tch

Glad that part is all over, you'd think this was the game to go to the Super Bowl. I was pretty much paying more attention to college &  nfl football last night, Come wintertime, I may have to get into MLB  free agency if junk like this keeps up. Good for NYK for pissin on it.

I do not get all the Lebron hate.....dude is an all-timer....no off the court legal issues......plays hard.......I don't get it.

I just think he is the biggest frontrunner I have ever seen in my time of watching the nba. He is nowhere close to being a top 10 all-time player unless you favor regular season accomplishments over postseason. He has faded away or straight ran when the going gets tough far too many times for him to be in the top 10.

I wouldn't mind him as much if people would quit trying to act like hes on the mt Rushmore of the nba.

I just think he is the biggest frontrunner I have ever seen in my time of watching the nba. He is nowhere close to being a top 10 all-time player unless you favor regular season accomplishments over postseason. He has faded away or straight ran when the going gets tough far too many times for him to be in the top 10.

I wouldn't mind him as much if people would quit trying to act like hes on the mt Rushmore of the nba.

Lebron

Bird

As player:

David Robinson

• Two-time Naismith Basketball Hall of Fame inductee[30][31]
  • Two-time NBA Champion (1999, 2003)
  • NBA MVP (1995)
  • NBA Defensive Player of the Year (1992)
  • NBA Rookie of the Year (1990)
  • All-NBA First Team (1991, '92, '95, '96)
  • All-NBA Second Team (1994, '98)
  • All-NBA Third Team (1990, '93, 2000, '01)
  • All-Defensive First Team (1991, '92, '95, '96)
  • All-Defensive Second Team (1990, '93, '94, '98)
  • 10-time NBA All-Star
  • NBA Sportsmanship Award (2001)[32]
  • Fourth player ever to score 70+ in an NBA game
  • Two-time Olympic Gold Medal winner ('92, '96)
  • Olympic Bronze Medal winner ('88)
  • One of 50 Greatest Players in NBA History (1996)
  • Led NBA in Scoring (1993–94 season) - 29.8 ppg
  • Led NBA in Rebounding (1990–91 season) - 13.0 rpg
  • Led NBA in Blocked Shots (1991–92 season) - 4.49 bpg
  • Like 1

I dont consider drob a top 10 player but he won a title inthe only year that he had a fellow superstar with him. Lebron choked his guts out in 2011. Quit on the cavs vs the celtics.dwade posted one of the highest PERs in finals history in that mavs series and lebron was turrible because he cant adapt to any one else's play. Lebron is only successful when all of his teammates are forced to adapt to his style of play. Put lebron on those 00-02 Lakers teams and they wouldn't have won because he cant play from the perimeter.

Did you see wade try to escape after lebron noshowed in the 11 finals yet lebron throws wade under the bus after last years finals when he wasn't near as good as wade in 11

Edited by JETSET