• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

LeBron Recruited Joe Johnson?

Here's one for you.

I'll agree with this.  He was a douche there.

But what about if he would've done something like this  . . .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bvq0axLrr2o

Only a few people and media gave Blake grief from this.   But had Lebron did that, you would've thought he actually shot that dude and killed him.

It is what it is though.

I will say this about what North is saying, Cleveland had more reasons than any one here to hate Lebron yet they turned right around and re-stitched every last ash back into a jersey and showed up to that "biggest spectacle in sports history."

All I can hear is, "Flavor Flaaav!?" when you speak now.

Cavs fans certainly have checked their dignities at the arena door.  If Bron were Hawk I'd like to think we wouldn't be afraid to call him out on his douchebaggery.  Everybody but you and @TheNorthCydeRises I guess.

LOL. I graciously accept my award.

All I know is that if Lebron was a Hawk, anything that he did wouldn't matter, as long as he had us on national TV and contending for championships.

All of the dancing, the picture taking with teammates, the tossing powder in the air, the "I deserve every foul call mentality", wouldn't matter one bit if he had on the Red .. the White .. and the Blue.

Atlanta is the same place that celebrated Deion's TD dances, and had no problem with Jamal Anderson doing the Dirty Bird. But people have a problem with Lebron and his personna?

If that's a bad post as well, give me another award.

The same place that ran Michael Vick out of town... 

And LMFAO that you're comparing Deion's and Andersons TD dances to Lebron's antics. 

Yeah some fans would support Lebron no matter what, and most of us would support him being a Hawk, but that doesn't meant we'd like his antics or be proud of him for them. And given a choice between he and Duncan for leading us to a single title, I guarantee you that most on Hawksquawk would take Duncan. 

• Like 1

The same place that ran Michael Vick out of town... 

And LMFAO that you're comparing Deion's and Andersons TD dances to Lebron's antics. 

Yeah some fans would support Lebron no matter what, and most of us would support him being a Hawk, but that doesn't meant we'd like his antics or be proud of him for them. And given a choice between he and Duncan for leading us to a single title, I guarantee you that most on Hawksquawk would take Duncan. 

My sentiments exactly.  My issue with Heat "fans" and Cavs "fans" is their defense of the antics.  I could be a fan of James if he were a Hawk, but there's no way I'd defend the crap he does.  It'd be more like I'd roll my eyes and find a way to live with it.

I'll agree with this.  He was a douche there.

But what about if he would've done something like this  . . .

Only a few people and media gave Blake grief from this.   But had Lebron did that, you would've thought he actually shot that dude and killed him.

It is what it is though.

I hadn't see the Lebron video or the Blake video. I don't care for Blake either and honestly wouldn't want either of these guys on the Hawks. Would I cheer for them? Sure I would, but I would choose a bunch of guys to add to the Hawks over either of them. 

Serious question though, is the point of your coming back as your alter ego here to literally go against the majority here now? I truly don't get it but it seems you just enjoy arguing now. 

LOL. I graciously accept my award.

All I know is that if Lebron was a Hawk, anything that he did wouldn't matter, as long as he had us on national TV and contending for championships.

All of the dancing, the picture taking with teammates, the tossing powder in the air, the "I deserve every foul call mentality", wouldn't matter one bit if he had on the Red .. the White .. and the Blue.

Atlanta is the same place that celebrated Deion's TD dances, and had no problem with Jamal Anderson doing the Dirty Bird. But people have a problem with Lebron and his personna?

If that's a bad post as well, give me another award.

I have to agree with Dolfan said all I needed to regarding this post from you.  There is a huge difference from enjoying a TD dance and the crap that constantly spews from Lebron's mouth.

I want no part of Lebron in Atlanta either.  Call me a hater and assume that I'm jealous all you want, his antics just turn me off. 

From quitting on his team in Cleveland, to regularly flopping like a fish when he is built like a tank to constantly making douchey statements.  I would rather see what we have with this team than have to cheer for that nonsense.

• Like 1

Cavs fans certainly have checked their dignities at the arena door. If Bron were Hawk I'd like to think we wouldn't be afraid to call him out on his douchebaggery. Everybody but you and @TheNorthCydeRises I guess.

Yes, all 20 Squawkers who have a strong enough opinion on this will continue

Yes, all 20 Squawkers who have a strong enough opinion on this will continue

Bitch please we all know there's only 12 Hawks fans total! 

And it's not our fault that there's not more than a dozen Hawks fans in Atlanta who know how to use a computer comp_virus.gif

Cavs fans certainly have checked their dignities at the arena door. If Bron were Hawk I'd like to think we wouldn't be afraid to call him out on his douchebaggery. Everybody but you and @TheNorthCydeRises I guess.

Yes, all 20 of you Squawkers who have a strong enough opinion on this will continue to question his antics like its 2012 and still in vogue while 20k+ Atlanta residents of I'm sure the highest moral character will pack Phillips regularly in support of your ever so perfectly reasoned and rational opinion.
  • Like 1

It's hard to compare someone of LeBron's dickheadedness to something that a Hawk may have done. I'm not sure we have examples of this. Or well maybe there was that time that Joe Johnson chided our fans and the whole board BLEW UP at him. You were in the majority minority if you defended Joe for those comments. In general, the Hawks haven't had dumb comments like LeBron since the players do not get much media attention and/or they get high character players.

I don't think anyone here hating on LeBron are hating him for his play or that "he isn't clutch" or whatever. They hate him because of his attitude and general assholeness that entails everything he does. Does the guy have an ounce of humility? Does he really think everyone is so dumb as to believe any shit he says? I don't get it.

Edited by hawksfanatic

Bitch please we all know there's only 12 Hawks fans total! 

And it's not our fault that there's not more than a dozen Hawks fans in Atlanta who know how to use a computer comp_virus.gif

As an Atlantan who's reached out to you for help on this site, I feel responsible for that joke.

Yes, all 20 of you Squawkers who have a strong enough opinion on this will continue to question his antics like its 2012 and still in vogue while 20k+ Atlanta residents of I'm sure the highest moral character will pack Phillips regularly in support of your ever so perfectly reasoned and rational opinion.

1989, the number, another summer

Get down

Sounds of tha funky drummer ...

Bronnie will always be a dbag so it's never going out of style.

I hadn't see the Lebron video or the Blake video. I don't care for Blake either and honestly wouldn't want either of these guys on the Hawks. Would I cheer for them? Sure I would, but I would choose a bunch of guys to add to the Hawks over either of them.

Serious question though, is the point of your coming back as your alter ego here to literally go against the majority here now? I truly don't get it but it seems you just enjoy arguing now.

I'm sorry, but I haven't changed one bit. I think what has changed though, are the expectations of this team from a number of you guys.

In fact, I would go as far to say that a number of you have absolutely NO expectations. This is in sharp contrast from 3 and 4 years ago, when it was EC Finals or bust around here.

And I know this was a topic to clown Lebron, but now you and others are telling me that you wouldn't want him with the Hawks?

Really?

I'm just calling BS on all of that, including the notion that the vast majority of the fan base wouldn't put up with LeBron's character flaws, if it meant that the Hawks would become instant contenders.

Edited by TheNorthCydeRises

I'm sorry, but I haven't changed one bit. I think what has changed though, are the expectations of this team from a number of you guys.

In fact, I would go as far to say that a number of you have absolutely NO expectations. This is in sharp contrast from 3 and 4 years ago, when it was EC Finals or bust around here.

And I know this was a topic to clown Lebron, but now you and others are telling me that you wouldn't want him with the Hawks?

Really?

I'm just calling BS on all of that, including the notion that the vast majority of the fan base wouldn't put up with LeBron's character flaws, if it meant that the Hawks would become instant contenders.

You really think we are the ones who've changed??  I go into each and every season hoping for the best but having been a Hawks fan nearly 30 years now I literally have no expectations. That has never changed. But man I can't believe you don't see how negative you are now. 

I didn't say I wouldn't want him on the Hawks. I'm saying there's a number of stars I'd choose ahead of him. Guys who I'd be proud to associate with the Hawks. 

You really think we are the ones who've changed??  I go into each and every season hoping for the best but having been a Hawks fan nearly 30 years now I literally have no expectations. That has never changed. But man I can't believe you don't see how negative you are now. 

I didn't say I wouldn't want him on the Hawks. I'm saying there's a number of stars I'd choose ahead of him. Guys who I'd be proud to associate with the Hawks.

Was I negative when I defended Woody, despite everyone else wanting him gone?

Was I negative when I defended Marvin, but everyone else hated him?

Was I negative when I said that a young Teague wasn't a true PG?

Am I negative now, when I'm actually one of Teague's supporters, but others rip him every time he plays a bad to mediocre game?

Am I negative when I give Bud my full support, but don't believe in our self-exiled GM at all?

And look what you typed. You have no expectations for the team, while I still have expectations for them. It's just hard to be over enthused when your GM has 15+ million I'm cap room, and his priced free agent signing is Thabo Sefolosha.

Is that being negative? Or is that being real?

Was I negative when I defended Woody, despite everyone else wanting him gone?

Was I negative when I defended Marvin, but everyone else hated him?

Was I negative when I said that a young Teague wasn't a true PG?

Am I negative now, when I'm actually one of Teague's supporters, but others rip him every time he plays a bad to mediocre game?

Am I negative when I give Bud my full support, but don't believe in our self-exiled GM at all?

And look what you typed. You have no expectations for the team, while I still have expectations for them. It's just hard to be over enthused when your GM has 15+ million I'm cap room, and his priced free agent signing is Thabo Sefolosha.

Is that being negative? Or is that being real?

No you didn't use to be negative, that's the point. Now your posts are more often doom and gloom and disagreeing with everyone than anything else. Am I crazy here? Surely others are seeing this. 

You're completely entitled to be who you wanna be on here, I was just curious why the change in demeanor. 

No you didn't use to be negative, that's the point. Now your posts are more often doom and gloom and disagreeing with everyone than anything else. Am I crazy here? Surely others are seeing this. 

You're completely entitled to be who you wanna be on here, I was just curious why the change in demeanor.

People have always disagreed with me on here. Some have agreed with me as well. The ratio of people who agree/disagree hasn't changed drastically.

I'm negative when it comes to the GM. I'll admit to that. Looks like I had good reason to doubt that dude too.

Everything else is just normal. I'm not overly down on the team. I simply think they're mediocre 7th or 8th seed playoff team. People just want to be overly positive about everything, even when they KNOW we should have a better squad than is currently constructed.

I still say that Lebron "hate" is mainly out of jealousy of not having the dude. And jealousy is a natural fan reaction.

• Moderators

I still say that Lebron "hate" is mainly out of jealousy of not having the dude. And jealousy is a natural fan reaction.

So all the Tim Duncan hate on this site over the years is lurking quietly in a thread somewhere?  Last time I checked that guy had more rings than anyone in the league but he gets nothing but respect for his success and the way he carries himself.

I know it is shocking but being a douchebag leads to blowback (which I agree will inevitably include an element of resentment for his success, particularly to the extent it is driven by preferential treatment from the refs ala the resentment for Jordan for that reason in his prime).

So all the Tim Duncan hate on this site over the years is lurking quietly in a thread somewhere?  Last time I checked that guy had more rings than anyone in the league but he gets nothing but respect for his success and the way he carries himself.

I know it is shocking but being a douchebag leads to blowback (which I agree will inevitably include an element of resentment for his success, particularly to the extent it is driven by preferential treatment from the refs ala the resentment for Jordan for that reason in his prime).

I mean, it's really not a big deal if people like Lebron or not. I just wished people had a legit reason not to like the guy, instead of finding some small reason to hate him.

Tim Duncan is arguably the most unassuming, robotic-like superstar of all time.   He definitely gets respect from everybody, partially because people forget about him.  He purposely stays out of the spotlight and doesn't bring attention to himself.  And the media doesn't care about him because they feel that he's not 'interesting enough'.   For that reason, they don't follow his every move and report on everything he does or doesn't do.

But it's like everything Lebron does draws a Skip Bayless-like overreaction from people.  That same 'douche' is one of these biggest givers to charity amongst ALL athletes.  And not just his money, his time as well.   That same douche left Miami to go back home to Cleveland, even after the fan base and the owner damn near wanted to murder him.

If a trade went down this afternoon that sent Teague, Millsap, Korver, and 2 first round picks to Cleveland for Lebron, this entire fanbase would lose their damn minds . . . in a good way.   The city would be buzzing like The Messiah himself had come back to save the Earth.  And all of that talk about him being a douche, him being not genuine, him being full of himself, wouldn't matter one dang bit.

When I think of true doucehbags, I think of guys like Paul Pierce and Ron Artest.  Lebron is nowhere near on their level of doucehness.   People simply find ANYTHING to be mad at Lebron about, much like Skip Bayless does.

Edited by TheNorthCydeRises

Tiny violins are playing for Bronny all over the world.  Bless him for uplifting the lives of those moribund Clevelanders.  If Wade wasn't on his last leg Bronne would still be a Heat so let's cancel the parade for his "homecoming".