• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Should we continue to start DMC over Thabo?

Peoriabird

• 4 weeks later...

Any interest in debating this further? We've played 15 games - what do the numbers and your own eyes tell you?

Jyd certainly has the edge thus far. I thought thabo did a pretty good job of replacing dmc when he missed the 4 games. Thabo's inability to get going from 3 so far this season is what has separated them the most. I'm still holding out hope that he can regain some confidence in that shot and turn it around.

I must say, DMC had a couple of drives and finishes last night that we never saw last season. He wasn't playing when he said that he worked hard throughout the off-season and added new elements to his offensive skill set.

Thabo is shooting an astonishing 9.5% from 3 and I still feel like he's done more good than bad on the court. Maybe the numbers don't back that up, but that's how I feel. If he ever gets that 3 ball going then our team becomes that more dangerous. He's not in competition for DMC's starting spot at the moment, though.

Thabo is shooting an astonishing 9.5% from 3 and I still feel like he's done more good than bad on the court. Maybe the numbers don't back that up, but that's how I feel.

He's definately a positive. He shines in our 4th-most utilized lineup with Teague, Korver, Sap, and Pero. As the only notable defender, the lineup somehow gives up the least per possession (.83), has the highest +/- by far at +40 and winning percentage of 71.4.

His arms look like tree limbs and he glides effortlessly on defense. He and DeMarre will pay the most dividends in the playoffs with special defensive assignments as the game slows: DeMarre for the strength against dare I say Jabari Parker and Thabo for the length on Giannis (weird if the playoffs started today that's our matchup).

I guess Bud is hoping his offense comes around. After that attempt that hit the side of the glass a few nights ago he isn't holding his breath I'm sure. Not being able to hit wide open threes is a huge problem in this offense, but Bud is more concerned now about having the defensive effort be consistent where Thabo is integral.

• 4 weeks later...

Hawks with Demarre 19-5.  Hawks without = 2-2.  I think the debate is pretty much settled.

Last season, Hawks with Al Horford, 16-13.  Hawks without Horford = 22-31.

There are certain players on a team who do things that show up in a box score and others who just help you win games.  Carroll is one of those players.  Horford is one of those players.  Complete players who play both ways and whose contribution is greater than the sum total of their stats.