• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Observations: tough loss but

capstone21

is payne hurt?

We can only dress 13 players on game day.

Payne and Jenkins were the inactives for this game. Moose and Pero also didn't play - coaches decision. I think the inactives for some games will be different depending on match ups.

I think Moose and Pero will see minutes next game against Hibbert.

I would like to see Payne get some minutes - I think as Al gets his legs back, hopefully Payne gets minutes in lieu of Brand. I think Elton gets the call as the vet.

I think Moose and Payne can help with rebounding.

From what I understand Payne hasn't picked up his reads on offense. In Coach's O everyone has to read what is going on so they cut, screen and pass correctly. Payne just needs a little more time to get used to working in the offense. I suspect he'll play at home v. The Pacers

That is what I heard also - playing in this system is like playing quarterback where there a multiple reads/progression - so he's still working at it.

lol when bud put in Mack and Dennis I was like...wtf?....and then when I saw them play I was like...wtf?....then when they sat down I was like...ok coach bud just a small little experiment in the beginning of the season, I understand...then when I saw bud put they asses back in the game at the same time I was...wtf?

I hope not to have to many more of these "wtf?" Coach bud!

Yeah - that was a head scratcher, especially with tall ass Greivis playing PG. I thought putting Baze on Greivis should have been the way to go.

I guess it's a way to get both Mack and Dennis some minutes but I didn't care for it last night.

I know Turnover and not making free throws were big reason for loss, but for me the most critical was second chances Toronto had. They were getting too many offensive rebounds and at important stages of game. Our front court is small and my fear is tonight's rebounding struggle will be replayed against bigger teams.

The DeMar offensive rebound was the most painful - NO BOX OUT. The front court was not the problem with rebounding - offensive and Defensive. The problem was Lowry and Derozen with 17 which means again no boxing out by our guards and wings.

Paul and Al had 9 ORebs. Val and Amir had 8 ORebs.

Paul and Al had a total of 23 Rebs. Val and Amir had a total of 18 Rebs.

Our guards and wings had 8 measley Rebs compared to 20 for Toronto.

Edited by JayBirdHawk

I got to also applaud the job done by DMC. He held DeMar to around 12 points. He stayed in his hip pocket and tortured him all night. As big a Teague fan as I am, I do recognize that he was going head to head with Lowry. Ball Hawk supreme. Teague did well in the 2nd finding his spots.

What did I say about Mike Scott?? He's going to make us make some hard decisions this year.

That he did.

Mike Scott was impressive, his team defense didn't look half bad either.

Was Milsap on drugs tonight?? .

He had a rough shooting night, but he took shots where we want them / IN THE PAINT. He took 13 shots - 10 were in the paint but he only made 4 and got fouled for a tune of 9 free throws. Missed too many. He also had 4 turnovers.

Toronto out hustled us - they got all the 50/60 balls as well.

Bud has often spoke about guards helping out on the glass. Last night was a fail. I don't mind the turnovers so much, 16 isn't awful, they can happen to the best teams especially against a solid defensive, athletic squad like Toronto. But getting mauled on the offensive boards is the hallmark of a bad team, not us. I'm sure Bud let them know. Next time we play them the 3 keys on the blackboard should all be "Box Out." Amir Johnson encourages all of them to crash.

Edited by benhillboy

Payne isn't any good and was not a good pick. I don't see why people keep asking about him.

Go look at what Zach Randolph and Marc Gasol did last night and you can see what the problem was. Your best two players offensively in Sap and Horford were too inefficient. Not the TO's or slight rebounding deficit or any other thing.

• Premium Member

Teague can not turn it that much.

Horford can not shoot that bad.

Sap can not shoot bad and turn it.

You can not make 50% of your shots on the road and lose.

Truth is, some of those costly turnovers would be called as obvious fouls in it was the Raptors with the ball. We get no love from refs, and this isn'texactly news, you know.

• Teague waited to late to assert himself
  • Bud left Schröder in too long
  • I would of like to have seen the big lineup to even the rebounding more
  • Horf is still finding his place in the offense
  • Bud is still experimenting
  • We are going to be very good, possibly a contender if we are willing to sacrifice some of our riches(PF) to cover some deficits

• Moderators

My guess is we will be rotating who gets minutes at backup C. Expect to see more Pero or more Payne next game. Brand is too old to be our primary option off the bench at C.

But Brand can handle lugs like Hansbrough.   Hansbrough would have gotten every board available against Pero and Payne.   I thought it was a good move last night.

The DeMar offensive rebound was the most painful - NO BOX OUT. The front court was not the problem with rebounding - offensive and Defensive. The problem was Lowry and Derozen with 17 which means again no boxing out by our guards and wings.

Paul and Al had 9 ORebs. Val and Amir had 8 ORebs.

Paul and Al had a total of 23 Rebs. Val and Amir had a total of 18 Rebs.

Our guards and wings had 8 measley Rebs compared to 20 for Toronto.

We could use a Shawn Marion like guy at SF.

And as good of a scorer as he is... We know that Scott will not contribute in rebounding most nights.

Teague is not going to rebound either... So, you're looking at the SG/SF spots. I don't know if the Hawks can continue to start both Korver and Carroll.

Edited by Hotlanta1981

I had doubts about Totonto but they were impressive, even if both teams weren't near their best. I get scared with Lowry late, dude always makes something happen. Lou gave them a spark surprisingly, and that young center will be huge for them if he's consitent. That crowd was great, and Casey is a solid full 48 guy.

The East is gonna take a considerable step up this year, still well behind the West though. I can't believe Hibbert will drop 22 often or the Celtics 120, but it's an interesting start. The Hornets might be brewing something up, too, the Wizards had a bad loss.

Edited by benhillboy