• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks - Spurs

lethalweapon3

That was a miserable final play. What crappy good game. 38 FT to 11...Korver off (why are we looking at Korver drives late?), Horford off, Teague waaaaaaay off...but nice comeback and Schröder with an impact performance in limited minutes. That's refreshing to see. We're just not meant to ever win in San Antonio. That stings. Gotta get the payback in Atlanta. 

I can excuse the awful final play, the bad foul calls against us, or the questionable decision to pull Shredder when he clearly had it cooking. This team defended the league's most potent offense extremely well to hold them to 45% and 94.

Both teams showed that you can't stop ball movement with the staple 25-26 assists, but the Spurs showed you can't teach length with 9 blocks and +13 on the glass. That narrative has already gotten too old for me only a week in.

This will probably be the best loss of the season, no more moral victories for me. Let's Go.

• Like 1

Im proud of the guys for fighting back. This is a loss you can build on. We had everything going against us and we still almost pulled it out. These are the defending champs. Hopefully we can some lessons from this game and move on. Very proud to a Hawks fan

• Like 1

I didn't watch 90% of this game because I knew they would lose... I let myself get suckered in with a few mins to go and I wish that I hadn't bothered at all. These guys are not winners. That is all there is to it. Bud can't coach the last few mins of a game.

So it was you who jinxed us at the end by tuning in :-)

I think I would rather go with Dennis as backup PG because we need that explosiveness off the bench.

i concur, Dennis gets the ball to the guys in good scoring position. His on ball defense is pretty good.

i concur, Dennis gets the ball to the guys in good scoring position. His on ball defense is pretty good.

I don't know about getting the ball to the guys in good position and all that. He is explosive as a scorer and can get to the rim. I still think Mack clearly runs the offense better.

I love how Mike and Pero had to get up so fast that they propelled themselves off their teammates knees. Dennis dunking with Kawhi and Tim defending is as random as it gets in an NBA game. I just can't wait till we blow out the Cavs, Knicks first though. Edited by benhillboy

If Bazemore just had even a little offense he could help this team so much because I've been very impressed by his defense.

I feel like I'm having Josh Smith flashbacks when I see the lefty dribble....I only envision bad things on offense.

Dude needs to quit going on bike rides and start doing more layup drills.

• Premium Member

The refs flat out cost us that game. The free throw disparity was disgusting. The fact Korver got hacked late in the game on his drive by Duncan and no foul was called is complete bullshit they bailed out Manu when he literally wasn't even touched when he drove in and got swallowed by the defense.

• Like 1