• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Wtf is Drunk Ass Bud Doin?! Bazemore is Horrible!

LastDon

Kent Bazemore can't shoot cant make freethrows and its really redundant to have he and Thabo on the floor together both are handicap offensively.

Bazemore is a poor man's poor man Thabo defensively and its hilarious that he has gained a reputation as a defensive stopper after playin on a Dantoni no defensive Laker team and and a run and gun Warrior team..

Bud has had too many Buds and is very power drunk because after the preseason Johnny Cash had there is no way possible he shouldnt have been on the active roster..Jenkins hit clutch shots during the preseason and played solid D..Because of Bud's favoritism the team will continue to have bad charma..

Then that stupid ass out of bounds play at the end of the game was horrible.. He still hasnt learned his lesson about having Pero Antić in the game in end of game situations..He almost through the ball away again last night..smh!

• Like 1

The bench has no pop.. with the exception of Scott we cant score..Shelvin and Kent, Brand, Antić shouldnt be in the rotation in front of Cash Dennis Payne Muscala..Bud has a nice system but is a poor judge of talent..Last year he gave Cartier Martin unwarranted playing time..He just doesn't no who to have on the floor..

• Moderators

Give Kent time. We're only two games into the season and he hasn't figured out his place yet. He was injured, so he didn't have training camp to learn Bud's system and he has zero chemistry with his teammates.

Give him time to get acclimated. He'll come around by December.

• Like 3

• Premium Member

Bazemore has looked awful so far this season. Unfortunately, the only way he is going to knock off his rust and get acclimated to our system is by playing in games. If he is looking like this in a month or so then I will be really concerned. Until then, I'm just going to hope he keeps improving because it's pretty ugly to watch.

Bazemore has looked awful so far this season. Unfortunately, the only way he is going to knock off his rust and get acclimated to our system is by playing in games. If he is looking like this in a month or so then I will be really concerned. Until then, I'm just going to hope he keeps improving because it's pretty ugly to watch.

He has looked phenomenal defensively. We need to stop only looking at offense to judge a player. The offense will come. He has the tools to be a solid offensive player.

Edited by GameTime

He's a young, inexperienced pro, playing on a new team, coming off of an injury, and it's only the 3rd game of the season. He's already made some plays defensively and you can't teach length with the ability to move like he can. We don't need much from him offensively. He just needs to find his rhythm and take advantage of favorable matchups. I do wish he was a better FT shooter, though. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member

I, for one, would give him plenty of time glued to the bench until he proves he can at least score a friggin FT with some consistency. Defensive power is nothing when at the order end you can't score. See Smith, Josh.

He must sit until he learns to do some basic things, i.e., not to miss point blank shots and freebies.

Edited by BrazilianHawk

Lol...I predicted y'all would be pissed at Baze. I just thought it would take a few more games. Lol. Dude has talent but as I witnessed when he was a Warrior, his best attribute might be towel waiving from afar. I'm not giving up on him but Bud and the coaching staff need to transform his game.

• Moderators

Baze missed some bunnies but It's not like he'd be in the nba if that was a regular occurrence.   They'll be some tune changing too.  I thought he had a good game last night other than the missed layup.   He was hustling.

As for Pero, he did what he always did last season, shot decently, set screens, provided some size and registered a +3.   He didn't almost throw the ball away, he got the ball in with no timeouts.  But I agree, that was either a horrible play or the guys froze because that was pathetic.  

Here's my question?   Can we inbound the ball to Horford at the 3 point line and let him launch one.   I have as much faith in him as anyone on the team other than Korver but Horf will be open at the line and Korver, Teague, Antić won't.   

Geez and I just watch it again.   Horf has Parker on him.  Damn.

Lol...I predicted y'all would be pissed at Baze. I just thought it would take a few more games. Lol. Dude has talent but as I witnessed when he was a Warrior, his best attribute might be towel waiving from afar. I'm not giving up on him but Bud and the coaching staff need to transform his game.

Anyone thinking he'd be anything more than bench fodder for us was engaged in a heavy game of wishful thinking and confirmation bias.  You don't go from M.L. Carr (towel-waiver supreme) to Larry Bird just by changing teams/systems.

Baze missed some bunnies but It's not like he'd be in the nba if that was a regular occurrence.   They'll be some tune changing too.  I thought he had a good game last night other than the missed layup.   He was hustling.

As for Pero, he did what he always did last season, shot decently, set screens, provided some size and registered a +3.   He didn't almost throw the ball away, he got the ball in with no timeouts.  But I agree, that was either a horrible play or the guys froze because that was pathetic.  

Here's my question?   Can we inbound the ball to Horford at the 3 point line and let him launch one.   I have as much faith in him as anyone on the team other than Korver but Horf will be open at the line and Korver, Teague, Antić won't.   

Watching that play ...smh.  I have no idea what Antić was doing drifting closer to mid court.  He didn't make himself available for a good shot. He should have been moving to the right when Diaw doubled Teague. And you are right @macdaddy - Al would have had a better look if Teague had looked in his direction.

• Moderators

Anyone thinking he'd be anything more than bench fodder for us was engaged in a heavy game of wishful thinking and confirmation bias.  You don't go from M.L. Carr (towel-waiver supreme) to Larry Bird just by changing teams/systems.

He was undrafted, basically been in the league about two seasons.  I don't think anyone thinks he's going to be a star but I do think he can be a good rotation player.   He can score and play D, has speed, length and quickness.   He has a lot going for him and Bud has already shown (and players testify to) the ability to develop guys with skills.  Hopefully it wasn't Quin that was doing that...

Poor decision by Teague also.

• Moderators

Watching that play ...smh.  I have no idea what Antić was doing drifting closer to mid court.  He didn't make himself available for a good shot. He should have been moving to the right when Diaw doubled Teague. And you are right @macdaddy - Al would have had a better look if Teague had looked in his direction.

Yeah.  I don't know what Pero was supposed to do there by design but what he did wasn't good.   He took one step like he was supposed to set a screen but was way to far away.   I'm guessing Teague was supposed to get the ball closer to the basket to give Pero room to come in at the 3 point line but Teague got forced further back.   All I can say is that Horf, Korver and Millsap looked like they didn't have much of a role in that play which I don't agree with.   Maybe we can get LD on the staff to draw up out of bounds plays.

Anyone thinking he'd be anything more than bench fodder for us was engaged in a heavy game of wishful thinking and confirmation bias. You don't go from M.L. Carr (towel-waiver supreme) to Larry Bird just by changing teams/systems.

I'm not going to name names (Diesel). But there was a post that said Baze would average 18 points a night for us. I would dig it up but it would take a while. I thought that was hilarious at the time...still do.

Ps Watch now Diesel is gonna come at me...:-/

He was undrafted, basically been in the league about two seasons.  I don't think anyone thinks he's going to be a star but I do think he can be a good rotation player.   He can score and play D, has speed, length and quickness.   He has a lot going for him and Bud has already shown (and players testify to) the ability to develop guys with skills.  Hopefully it wasn't Quin that was doing that...

Pretty sure there were folks on here that were VERY high on Bazemore.  Weren't some saying he could be an all-star for us?  SMH

He's a middle-class man's Cartier Martin at best.