• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Wtf is Drunk Ass Bud Doin?! Bazemore is Horrible!

LastDon

• Premium Member

I'll have to look but someone on here said he was going to be a star.  Im pretty sure I know but will look it up.  

Ferry's two off season signings have not looked good so far.   Bazemore is what he is, a undrafted end of the bench player.  Jury is still out on Thabo and I hope he steps things up. 

• Moderators

I'll have to look but someone on here said he was going to be a star.  Im pretty sure I know but will look it up.  

Ferry's two off season signings have not looked good so far.   Bazemore is what he is, a undrafted end of the bench player.  Jury is still out on Thabo and I hope he steps things up. 

I couldn't find the star comment in that thread but I think we'll be very happy with Baze and Thabo both off the bench.   Huge upgrade over Cartier and ultimately i think both are a better fit than Lou.

All I think we realistically want from Baze is to make the open layups and hit his free throws - I don't think that's asking much.

Then he'll more than make up for his time on the floor with his defense.  I've liked what I've seen from him on that end, even with his size and length he kept up with Tony Parker on a number of plays and held him in check.

Thabo I think will bring a bit more to the table though and I loved seeing him get his hands on balls and disrupt things.  I think we're all used to seeing offense on our bench from Lou.  The defense isn't as obvious but we are a much better unit with that now.  That said we definitely need more on the offensive side of things from both of these guys.

• Like 1

My only issue is that the guy isn't as nearly developed offensively as John Jenkins and that Bazemore D is highly overrated.. No steals or blocks the last 2 games.. We are small so regardless of perimeter D we are goin to be weak defensively and on the boards.. Bazemore and Thabo are a redundancy, we might as well play the best gunners..

• Like 1

My only issue is that the guy isn't as nearly developed offensively as John Jenkins and that Bazemore D is highly overrated.. No steals or blocks the last 2 games.. We are small so regardless of perimeter D we are goin to be weak defensively and on the boards.. Bazemore and Thabo are a redundancy, we might as well play the best gunners..

U kidding me?

He has looked phenomenal defensively. We need to stop only looking at offense to judge a player. The offense will come. He has the tools to be a solid offensive player.

Exactly we aren't talking about his bad Korver defense was last game cause it was pathetic! I understand Ginoboli is the man but shit I've seen manu work harder than that to draw fouls.

• Moderators

Jenkins D was never really bad but he was always judge off steals and blocks..

I don't think his D has been judged primarily off steals and blocks by any significant number of posters on the Squawk.  Most of us recognize that steals can be a sign of lazy gambling on defense and blocks is rarely a useful proxy for defense on an undersized wing.  My issue has been his man D and lack of impact on offense.  He is weak at everything unless he is shooting well.  Shooting well from range can be enough to make him a very good part of the rotation but he has to standout with both his range and his %'s shooting the ball to get minutes.

Didn't expect anything from this off-season's draft picks and free agent signings. I still stick to my belief that Scott is our only dependable bench option. I didn't know where all this over hyping our signings came from but we are still the 4th-8th seed Hawks everyone loves.

Edited by RWF

Baze will be fine. An all-star he is not (don't know who said that), but I trust Bud to take a player with his explosion and hustle and turn him into a productive one. He's a bit like Josh minus some athletic ability and adding a few brain cells. He plays with heart, and plays to his strengths. Unfortunately, his strengths (getting to the rim, finishing, free throws) haven't been so hot, but I think they'll come.