Where are all my Greg Monroe haters?

Diesel

• Premium Member

Honestly, I'm not impressed by Horf.  I think that Horf is actually playing scared since his return.  That's not unusual.  The test will be tonight.  IF Horf allows Big Al to work him over in the paint then this season is a season of trouble for our Hawks.  I'm looking around and everybody has gotten better.  We either have to establish that we too are better or we will be in the lottery with Indiana and Orlando... and Orlando is better too.

• Premium Member

I see that someone is bored this morning. Go back to bed diesel.

JETSET,

In the last 3 minutes, I just read through all 387 of your post.  You know what... I am sleepy NOW!!!

I'm going to bed.

• Moderators

I just wonder how well Monroe would fit here since he doesn't have a jimmy and plays subpar defense. He'd be a quick fix for our post and rebounding woes. He's also a really good passer.

I have thought about a three-team trade of Monroe/Singler to Atlanta, Rondo to Detroit, and Millsap/Meeks to Boston. Would have to be some black magic involved to get it done and then have Monroe not break the bank on us. Monroe/Horford looks good on paper at least.

It also turns Brandon Jennings into a sixth man.

I might just be willing to hold out until 2015 offseason and try to sign him outright.

I realize you're just stirring the pot but Al is already showing he's the best player on the team and he isn't even in full shape yet.  He ain't scared and certainly isn't scare of Al Jeff

I remember that game.  Horford was a flat out BEAST from start to finish.   He and Jefferson were going back and forth at each other for a time in that game, but Horford won the battle.  Smith had a great night as well.

Ill worry about all these Hawk issues when Bazemore averages 18ppg like you said he would...@Diesel

Haha,  Spud2N callin' dudes out on a Friday.  Gotta love it.

Did Diesel actually say that?

Honestly, I'm not impressed by Horf.  I think that Horf is actually playing scared since his return.  That's not unusual.  The test will be tonight.  IF Horf allows Big Al to work him over in the paint then this season is a season of trouble for our Hawks.  I'm looking around and everybody has gotten better.  We either have to establish that we too are better or we will be in the lottery with Indiana and Orlando... and Orlando is better tooDiesel

Diesel has just realized the season started.

under-a-rock.jpg

Haha, Spud2N callin' dudes out on a Friday. Gotta love it.

Did Diesel actually say that?

Yes, sometime in July in a Baze thread...I'm too lazy to search but when I read things that are that shocking I tend to have a photographic memory of the subject and author.

You're right though its Friday I need to chill :-/

#livenletlive

• Premium Member

I like Monroe but he's a center not a PF. All of his defensive issues are trying to guard the 4 position. This talk about "looking scared" by Horford is exactly how Monroe looks when he has to guard a face up PF. If we had him then we would have to play him at center on defense at least because he simply can not guard stretch PF which is about 80% of the league's PF at this point.

I am a Horford fan, but I have not been impressed either. I know he is a pretty good center, but I watched him turn the ball over almost every time he got it in the San Antonio game.   I hope he starts playing better soon, I believe we can dominate if he has a good year. 

I am a Horford fan, but I have not been impressed either. I know he is a pretty good center, but I watched him turn the ball over almost every time he got it in the San Antonio game.   I hope he starts playing better soon, I believe we can dominate if he has a good year. 

He really didn't look like a good center last yr. He was a beast player tho last yr. This yr, he's been above average. Nothing special so far but he just came back so...

I just wonder how well Monroe would fit here since he doesn't have a jimmy and plays subpar defense. He'd be a quick fix for our post and rebounding woes. He's also a really good passer.

I have thought about a three-team trade of Monroe/Singler to Atlanta, Rondo to Detroit, and Millsap/Meeks to Boston. Would have to be some black magic involved to get it done and then have Monroe not break the bank on us. Monroe/Horford looks good on paper at least.

It also turns Brandon Jennings into a sixth man.

I might just be willing to hold out until 2015 offseason and try to sign him outright.

lol, Boston is not trading Rondo for what would be Millsap. Not a chance in hell. I honestly don't think Monroe will be traded. He has a trade clause and teams will low ball an offer for him that have a legit shot at him.