• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

For the love of God can we get someone to draw up out of bounds plays for Bud?

Admin

Seriously that let Millsap go one on one BS at the end of the 4th last night blew my mind. Are most coaches this bad at drawing up plays and we got spoiled by LD? Do we miss the special passing ability that a big like Smoove had? Or is Bud just this bad?

As horrible as the officiating was last night, ahem 63 fouls called, we still should have won at the end of 4 if we draw up a good play.

• Like 3

• Premium Member

Posters have been questioning Bud's coaching ability over the last 2 games.  We could have run our normal offense which is a pick and pop with Horford with that much time.  I hope that his coaching improves soon because it can't get any worse...Maybe it can if he start giving heavy minutes to the small ball that he likes so much.

I wonder how much of this plays on Quin Snyder leaving...

I was wondering the same thing during the game last night. Then I tried to quickly talk myself out of it. Ala If you don't tell the doctor, it'll go away..:-/

Posters have been questioning Bud's coaching ability over the last 2 games.  We could have run our normal offense which is a pick and pop with Horford with that much time.  I hope that his coaching improves soon because it can't get any worse...Maybe it can if he start giving heavy minutes to the small ball that he likes so much.

We had the same problem last season. As early as the LAL game. And if remember correctly, there was a miserable final play in the Denver game two games after that. I'm sure there were a few other notable late game instances as well that I've managed to forget. 

Bud's out of bounds play calling is definitely his kryptonite. Gives me little to no hope for us in late game situations.

That Millsap one was a head scratcher. How are you going to give it to someone who struggled that game when Teague was killing it and couldn'tbe contained?

Bud's out of bounds play calling is definitely his kryptonite. Gives me little to no hope for us in late game situations.

That Millsap one was a head scratcher. How are you going to give it to someone who struggled that game when Teague was killing it and couldn't be contained?

I know right! I mean I was half way to posting a thread talking about how Teague might be in trouble for bullying Kemba... and then that happened and the game kinda spiraled from there. 

I have to be honest!....I'm still not sure if it's buds play calling or if it's the players not able to execute the play?

That milsap one on one at the end of the 4th against the bobcats wasn't a play ran for him but more of a weird call from bud when sap was off his game. If anyone should have had an iso at the end of the game it should have been teague that game as everyone saw he was torturing kemba.

But then fast forward to the end of the 2nd overtime and bud actually called a great late game play that sap got wide open on off a Korver screen but the refs called a terrible call on Korver that gave the game away....but the important part to note is that the play bud drew up this time was a good play and executed well and got sap a wide open look for the game winner....so with that said maybe bud can draw up good plays but our players don't seem to execute them well enough.

Just a thought.