• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

So tell me again how much Schröder sucks and Ferry does for drafting him...

Admin

I'm pretty sure no alcohol was consumed before this thread was posted.

Hmm I dunno... but seriously this kid looks really good the past few games. He's protecting the ball pretty well, playing fantastic D and he's actually scoring with a ridiculous efficiency of 73% from the field! I have no idea what changed since the pre-season but he's getting a lot more minutes than Mack now and it doesn't make much sense. Right now he's averaging 5.5 assists per 36 minutes, which is just insane. Of course he's unlikely to hit those numbers as an average if he did play 36 minutes but he had 5 tonight in just 20 minutes, after 2 last night in 14 minutes. 

• Like 1

What's funny is his assist #s would be even better if there were more conversions from his passes. I'm still not fully sold on Ferry but Dennis (his obvious silver medal) was a pick that I didn't hate and like even more now. I really want to see what he can become. That said, I definitely wouldn't have hated his first choice, "Magic Giannison," with this current style that Bud is incorporating. 

• Like 1

My negative comments on Dennis came due to bud not playing him...if a player don't touch the court it's hard to see his "potential" simple as that.

With that said as far as Dennis goes, he's playing great!...it would be just damn awesome if he could improve so damn much where he takes Teagues spot! Then we could package Teague and Sap and get a all star big and another good decent player...but that's unlikely to happen.

Teague has played well so far, he's missed some inside shots but as the season goes on they will start dropping eventually.

And last I'm estatic that Dennis is playing great but until the organization feels they can trade Teague to get other needed talent I'm not completely excited but more teased like if ya get my jiff

• Premium Member

And to think that people ridiculed me because I said that Dennis was a scorer off the bench primarily because he was one of the best on the team at getting to the rack and finishing.  Personally i think that it is time for Bud to activate Jenkins and deactivate Mack because Mack is useless!

• Like 1

• Premium Member

My negative comments on Dennis came due to bud not playing him...if a player don't touch the court it's hard to see his "potential" simple as that.

With that said as far as Dennis goes, he's playing great!...it would be just damn awesome if he could improve so damn much where he takes Teagues spot! Then we could package Teague and Sap and get a all star big and another good decent player...but that's unlikely to happen.

Teague has played well so far, he's missed some inside shots but as the season goes on they will start dropping eventually.

And last I'm estatic that Dennis is playing great but until the organization feels they can trade Teague to get other needed talent I'm not completely excited but more teased like if ya get my jiff

We ain't trading Teague!  Good Grief!

• Like 3

Like I've said:

1. People forget that Dennis was the back up last year to start the season.

2. Too many unforced turnover was why he was benched - once he learned to take care of the ball and made the easy pass instead of trying to make the flashy one he would be ok.

3. I think he now understands the speed of the NBA now - sometimes you think a player is open but those opening close quickly because of just better players than in Germany

4. You can see the difference in his shot mechanics - his release is much quicker than last season.

5. Stop writing off young players so quickly.

6. He got stronger and is absorbing contact better and finishing better at the rim / I like that he can finish with either hand - drive right or left.

Having said all that - everybody needs to calm down - Dennis is playing great in the young season and he's shooting it even better and I'm thrilled but there is also no reason to jump the gun and trade Teague at the moment. We seem to have strength in numbers at the PG position. With no certifiable STAR we need capable backups.