• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Let's be honest, this might be the worst ran franchise in the NBA

NBASupes

• Premium Member

Didn't we play the Spurs already in their building??  Oh that's right, they were nice enough to keep us in that game instead of just out classing us. We don't belong is the same arena with such great teams!  Keep up the good post Supes..One day you will be able to afford your eye surgery

Didn't we play the Spurs already in their building??  Oh that's right, they were nice enough to keep us in that game instead of just out classing us. We don't belong is the same arena with such great teams!  Keep up the good post Supes..One day you will be able to afford your eye surgery

I don't know if we'd have been in the game if Splitter hadn't gotten hurt early. They were absolutely destroying us in the 1st quarter when he was in there.  But we're obviously not that far off of them when we're playing our best. 

I don't know if we'd have been in the game if Splitter hadn't gotten hurt early. They were absolutely destroying us in the 1st quarter when he was in there.  But we're obviously not that far off of them when we're playing our best. 

Every wide open shot we took was also rimming out in that 1st quarter.  

• Premium Member

I see you been sleeping in the vacuum again.  Get out and look around.   Teams like Golden State, Portland, and Memphis make us look like a middle school team.

When you look at Marc Gasol and that team.. They are simply a gift to pure basketball. Every position right.  Every body know their role.  The Spurs don't have enough championship Swagger to stop them..

We are the Buffalo Bills of Basketball.  We have a few good pieces but our good pieces are just mediocre when compared to everybody else' good.

I'm not sure we are as far off the mark as you are positing with those comparisons. Horf, Millsap, Korver, DMC and Teague are all somewhere between average NBA starter to All star level talent. There's no weak link there. We just don't have a superstar. Both GS and Portland have one and you can make an argument that defensively Gasol qualifies as one for Memphis.

Every wide open shot we took was also rimming out in that 1st quarter.  

Missed shots happen. Getting dominated on the glass, getting your shots challenged or rejected in the paint and not being able to even slow down the other team isn't something that just happens. They're a different team with Splitter on the floor. 

Splitter was +4 in 10 minutes against us. Let's not get carried away. 

Splitter was only +4. But the Spurs were up 12 after 1. He's not Lebron, he's not going to have huge numbers that affect the game. But he makes the team better on both ends. Maybe it was just a fluke but as soon as he got banged up we started to come back in the game. 

Splitter was only +4. But the Spurs were up 12 after 1. He's not Lebron, he's not going to have huge numbers that affect the game. But he makes the team better on both ends. Maybe it was just a fluke but as soon as he got banged up we started to come back in the game. 

Well, it's hard to attribute the +12 first quarter to him when he only took part in +6. His replacement (Diaw) was also +6 in the quarter. 

Either way, I didn't realize that was the only game he's played in this season. So even if you think we were fortunate that he only played 10 minutes, we were more unfortunate that he played any minutes at all. The Spurs keep chugging along all the same. 

Well, it's hard to attribute the +12 first quarter to him when he only took part in +6. His replacement (Diaw) was also +6 in the quarter.

Either way, I didn't realize that was the only game he's played in this season. So even if you think we were fortunate that he only played 10 minutes, we were more unfortunate that he played any minutes at all. The Spurs keep chugging along all the same.

They're hardly chugging along, they miss him badly. I believe going into tonight they were last in their division and they're struggling mightily to score points. The win tonight over the lowly Lakers got them to 5-3, which isn't even remotely Spurs-like.

They're hardly chugging along, they miss him badly. I believe going into tonight they were last in their division and they're struggling mightily to score points. The win tonight over the lowly Lakers got them to 5-3, which isn't even remotely Spurs-like.

5-3 with the toughest schedule to this point and Pop resting Duncan/Manu against Houston. I'm not saying they don't miss Splitter, but they're still one of the best teams. 

• Moderators

The Spurs started off shooting the three poorly and Kawhi needed a few games to get back adjusted with the eye. They're gonna start cruising in a minute just like we are, it's gonna be back to ugly status when they get Patty back. The military drill-style coaches in Pop and Bud are too far ahead of everyone else. Dennis and Thabo boosted us up 1.5 levels on D, but nothing like Kawhi who's starting to just snatch guards' dribbles from in front of their face, twice in a row (looking at you, Lin).

I advise people who don't like this team to stop watching, you'll come around at some point if win-loss records and star power is all you can understand. Give or take a few strengths and weaknesses, we're a carbon copy of the Spurs, and I couldn't be more elated. Pop is a defensive guy, I wouldn't be surprised if their offense was named "Bud-Englemann" after their transition after Bowen retired and Tim's post frequency dipped. I don't wanna hear the "we don't have a Tim Duncan" crap, either. You know nothing of the Spurs System. For the last and final time, ball and player movement, dead-eye shooting, and help defense in target areas win for them, not any names on the back of the jersey. Half of their players shouldn't even be in the league.

Worst ran franchise. Like a coach with 4 rings at the house came here to waste his time. What you smoking Supes, I need an ounce.

I am very enthused with our coach and system but wow on the Hawks = Spurs bit. Let's actually make the ECF against much easier East competition before we even think about that.

When I see Bud coached teams with 5 rings without a superstar (ala Duncan's 5 rings) then I will buy the idea that Duncan has been a mere interchangeable piece in the system. I hope you are right but don't remotely believe it.

• Like 1

I think they missed Kawhi even more, Patty especially and now Belli more. Edited by JayBirdHawk

I am very enthused with our coach and system but wow on the Hawks = Spurs bit. Let's actually make the ECF against much easier East competition before we even think about that.

When I see Bud coached teams with 5 rings without a superstar (ala Duncan's 5 rings) then I will buy the idea that Duncan has been a mere interchangeable piece in the system. I hope you are right but don't remotely believe it.

Yeah - I'm excited too but we are not the Spurs (yet :-). We are still missing our lynchpin.

The Early Duncan Spurs years were a throw it to TD post offense with great defense. Then 56th pick Manu came along and drove Pop crazy but Pop had no choice but to let him be Manu as TD slowed down 29th pick TP got faster and Pop once again modified his offense to take advantage of his teams strengths. As much as they have a ball and player movement system. At any time Pop can call a play for TD on the post and expect a good result or he can put the ball in TP's or Manu's hand and say make a play for us and trust they will make the right play to pass or score. We don't have that - yet.

5-3 with the toughest schedule to this point and Pop resting Duncan/Manu against Houston. I'm not saying they don't miss Splitter, but they're still one of the best teams. 

No doubt about that, they're still the best team IMO. But Splitter is a huge part of their championship make up and I honestly believe they could not win the title without him this year. 

Certainly applaud benhil's enthusiasm but the notion that the Spurs' talent is irrelevant kinda devalues his whole post.