• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Steve Koonin

16 minutes ago, AHF said:

The 3pt marksman part throws this completely off the rails.

Clearly, @kg01 is battling @JayBirdHawk both for Kawhi Leonard and for the right to get in the next bash on @Spud2Nique.  Let the games begin.

Speaking of Schmoove, I bet he kicks himself that he never decided to become a Dreemond Green type.

Also, I think my 'wanting' Leonard is slightly different than JBird and Spud2's 'wanting' him.  I've never swooned about his hand size.  Not sure either of those two could say the same (hehe).

• Moderators
28 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Speaking of Schmoove, I bet he kicks himself that he never decided to become a Dreemond Green type.

Also, I think my 'wanting' Leonard is slightly different than JBird and Spud2's 'wanting' him.  I've never swooned about his hand size.  Not sure either of those two could say the same (hehe).

I bet he still thinks he can become a superstar by launching more 3's and that he is above playing like Green because Green is just a glorified role player while he should be a star.

Speaking of big hands, I don't know if any of you, except maybe Gray Mule and me, are young enough to remember Connie Hawkins.  The guy had enormous hands.  The way I remember him is that he seemed to move in slow motion, but because of his hand size and hops, he was awesome around the basket.  He had a pretty good jump shot too.  If you're not familiar with him, check out some of his videos on the web.

Edited by Watchman

30 minutes ago, Watchman said:

Old age is indeed setting in.  I should have said old enough to remember Connie Hawkins rather than young enough. 

Just say you were trying to be ironic or something.  These millenials will eat it up.

• 2 months later...

Anybody heard Steve Koonin today on 92.9?

2 most important things I got from it:

- we are a good team, but going  against Cleveland we know what we aren't.

- Everything is on the table, that's not a threat to any player but it's the reality.

15 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Anybody heard Steve Koonin today on 92.9?

2 most important things I got from it:

- we are a good team, but going  against Cleveland we know what we aren't.

- Everything is on the table, that's not a threat to any player but it's the reality.

I hope he means the last one. It's not a knock against our players, I love them, but if we don't retool, there's a possibility of not making it past the 1st or 2nd round again.

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:

I hope he means the last one. It's not a knock against our players, I love them, but if we don't retool, there's a possibility of not making it past the 1st or 2nd round again.

If we don't substantially retool, it will be more than a possibility.  The rest of the east won't be standing pat.

14 minutes ago, Jody23 said:

If we don't substantially retool, it will be more than a possibility.  The rest of the east won't be standing pat.

Ya, I'm scared if we stand pat we are looking at a 1st round exit. That would be really sad.

The host said   'Bud loves all the  players and we do to, I think Bud will just bring back the same group right'  Koonin said  "Everything's on the table'.  So we shall see.

I was trying to find a link.

5 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

The host said   'Bud loves all the  players and we do to, I think Bud will just bring back the same group right'  Koonin said  "Everything's on the table'.  So we shall see.

EVERYBODY should be available if the right offer comes along.

• Premium Member
8 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

That's sounds problematic.  I recall Bud saying himself that he's a stubborn guy.  And for the second year in a row after being swept, Bud was still saying "we're very protective of our group".  Grant Hill may need to step if only to say status quo is not acceptable because Bud may just bring everybody back if it's totally left up to him.  I hope it doesn't have to come to that though.

13 minutes ago, Jody23 said:

That's sounds problematic.  I recall Bud saying himself that he's a stubborn guy.  And for the second year in a row after being swept, Bud was still saying "we're very protective of our group".  Grant Hill may need to step if only to say status quo is not acceptable because Bud may just bring everybody back if it's totally left up to him.  I hope it doesn't have to come to that though.

If it's all collaborative like Bud says - there will be a meeting of the minds of what direction to move the team in.

Just like RC Buford asked  Bud to lay out the case and convince Pop to  trade GHill for Kawhi Leonard  - this might be a similar case.  

17 minutes ago, Jody23 said:

I have to think that there's a good chance we do some real shuffling around and retooling. This is the first real offseason with Hill and Co. Kind of like Danny gave LD a year to see how things were working or not, then went to town completely changing the face of the team. I think that could be a real possibility again now.

Call Phil.  Tell him to talk to Melo and Lala, to see if they'd like to come to ATL for a couple of years.

If so, see which big and PG Phil wants.

Any big + Teague

or

Any big + Dennis + Splitter ( to make the deal work )

You'll add a scorer + still have the flexibility to add a player in free agency ... or re-sign Baze.

Edited by TheNorthCydeRises