• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Kyle Korver's numbers this year are insane

NBASupes

Simple Rating of +16.0. That would have been 1st in 2013-14. 

http://www.82games.com/1314/ROLRTG8.HTM

Only NBA players with higher ratings are Klay Thompson, Harden and Anthony Davis who are having historically great season. 

+/- net of +26.4

Defense and all around game has improved. 

This year, SG has become the strongest position in the NBA after being the worst a season ago. Lead by Harden, Thompson and Korver. 

Shooting at ungawdly rates. 

His eFG% when the clock is at 0-10 sec is an insane .750. That's unheard of from a guard. 

Is actually more effective at SF and it shows. His stats are insane when he's at the 3. 

Is considered a winning player via stats. 

While not overly loved by PER, he is loved by efficient Basketball stats like a healthy Horford. 

He is having a top 20 NBA season right now. When I watch him, I would say he's not a top 50 player talent wise but his production says he is clearly our best player this year with Dennis coming in 2nd for this season. Horford is still our best in terms of overall production but hasn't played efficient Basketball this year which is unheard of from him but he just came back from injury. 

Sap is a tad down from last yr but is having a good campaign like usual. Teague has improved in terms of efficiency and it is showing. 3rd most efficient Hawk after Kyle and Dennis. 

• Like 2

• Moderators

You don't trade him. Our system only works because of him.

Why would trade him when he's playing the best of his career? He's arguably the best shooter in the NBA! That's the point.... Put the ball in the basket.

I meant it as sarcasm. lol  But seriously, Kyle has been very impressive and he is showing he deserves to be a starter.  Teague/Korver is a nice backcourt.  Just need to improve upon DMC and get a legit center and we could be serious contenders for the ECF.  Korver has shown that he can be a two-way player.

Seems I'm not the only one that can't read sarcasm. whistle.gif

Edited by PSSSHHHRRR87
  • Like 2

I meant it as sarcasm. lol  But seriously, Kyle has been very impressive and he is showing he deserves to be a starter.  Teague/Korver is a nice backcourt.  Just need to improve upon DMC and get a legit center and we could be serious contenders for the ECF.  Korver has shown that he can be a two-way player.

Seems I'm not the only one that can't read sarcasm. whistle.gif

My bad, Dolf and Diesel's lack of sarcasm is something I think is foolishness has me thinking ppl are being serious when they are saying something crazy. 

I don't see Kyle as a two way player but his defense is NOT a weak point. Man defense is still kinda weak but he really knows how to defend. 

How can Harden's season be historically great when he's leading the league in turnovers and shooting like crap?

Advanced numbers. Before last night, his adv numbers were off the charts. I agree from a pure visual basis he isn't tearing up the NBA. 

Kyle been the man but USA basketball clearly helped his overall game. Glad to see people finally realizing he's a good defender. Guys like him who obsess over numbers (he'd tell you he doesn't but he knows all these advanced stats times 10) still think they could do better.

Anytime you see his name mentioned on another teams' message board or national article, Bulls fans come out the woodwork praising him and bashing the front office. They see him as the missing piece they already had, but Thibs wouldn't utilize him anywhere near to the efficiency and effectiveness of Bud. Dunleavy is a nice consolation prize I guess.

Edited by benhillboy

• 3 weeks later...

I tell all NBA fans. Kyle is our engine. We don't run efficient without Kyle.

Jeff is our feature.

Horf is our building block.

Sap is our Mr. Fix it.

Dennis is our future.

DMC is our energy.

mmmmmm, this just might be a FIVE star post, lol.

I don't see how "fans" of the Hawks can discount what Korver means. Maybe take a look at the true shooting rankings in the NBA. They probably wouldn't understand like the Grantland article that came out when Kyle was chosen for the USA tryouts and detailed how much he runs, attracts attention, and contorts the defense in our favor.

I think people get caught up in Nique foolishly saying "they left Kyle open" and "he went under" 10 times a night. Top tier team defenses and injury is the only thing that slows Kyle, yet many are pining for someone to replace him in the starting lineup? Coaches are smart, they don't intentionally allow a guy who's shooting .528, .564, and .921 to even touch the ball let alone shoot it. It's called being an extremely hard worker and a head coach-level reader of defenses. I'm gonna go out on a limb and say those percentages never been accomplished before in NBA history. When you realize he plays 33 minutes a night (more than Steph Curry) to view him as anything other than a phenom is erroneous.

I always look forward to your post.  You bring substance every time.

• Like 3