Official Game Thread: Hawks - Lakers

lethalweapon3

I will gladly eat crow pie, crow stow, crow ice cream, crow spaghetti and hell even chew crow bubble gum.

What grocery store you finding all those crow specials? Or is is online on ebay or Amazon?

What grocery store you finding all those crow specials? Or is is online on ebay or Amazon?

Crow bubble gum must taste like a$$ juice...luckily I've had neither ..lol

mmmmmmm. Why did you reference a$$ juice? I don't believe you've never tasted it.

Lol...ok story time boys and girls...

In college people try new and exciting experiments, this one time your uncle Spud2Nique ....

Lol...ok story time boys and girls...

In college people try new and exciting experiments, this one time your uncle Spud2Nique ....

eeeeeeewwwww....stop, I cant get that image from my mind. Lol.

eeeeeeewwwww....stop, I cant get that image from my mind. Lol.

My character in this story is being played by Denzel Washington...and suddenly the story becomes interesting once again...;-)

Brad Pitt wants an audition as well..

Edited by Spud2Nique

1. I talked about this in that other thread. I haven't backed off anything I said about Thabo. He is horrible on offense, ok on defense. Nothing he's done this year (note the entire season not just a current streak of good games) has changed my mind one iota.

So please tell me how exactly I'm supposed to admit I'm wrong or too prideful to admit I'm wrong when I'm still right on what I said originally?

2. I'll take your word that you have softened  your stance on Al. Unlike you, I don't honestly care if people see something at the time and make a comment on it. And then later if circumstances change try to go back and AHA GOTCHA! someone. Al was playing like crap earlier this year, I even said as much. And I also said give him some time to heal and let's see what he's doing then. I don't see you trying to say I was correct about that. And you also don't see, unless provoked, my calling you out for what you were saying about him.

3. I don't care if you bookmark a thread. There's exactly two Hawks in my entire 34 year history of watching this team that I ever openly rooted against: JR Rider and Shellhead. Rider was a cancer and Shellhead was such a gigantic waste of a pick that I couldn't fathom why we took him so blindly. I say that to say this: I am not rooting against Thabo or Teague or anyone else that people think I don't "like". I love the Hawks. I want each of them from the best to the last guy on the bench to turn out to be HoF players and have awesome careers here.

I will gladly eat crow pie, crow stow, crow ice cream, crow spaghetti and hell even chew crow bubble gum if need be if some of them prove me wrong if I didn't think they could be that great. I just created a thread this week talking about how Teague was finally making me a believer by being consistent and playing defense. So I don't think I'm as incapable of admitting a mistake or eating crow as you think I am...

My bad, I thought you were the type of man who could admit when he's wrong. I now know that unless Thabo is league MVP that you won't actually be wrong. 

• Premium Member

My bad, I thought you were the type of man who could admit when he's wrong. I now know that unless Thabo is league MVP that you won't actually be wrong. 

...yes, clearly anyone who read what I wrote would come away with that impression. I mean calling a guy bad on offense when he's shooting .400 from the field and .250 as a "three and D" player is expecting him to be a league MVP.

...yes, clearly anyone who read what I wrote would come away with that impression. I mean calling a guy bad on offense when he's shooting .400 from the field and .250 as a "three and D" player is expecting him to be a league MVP.

No you didn't call him bad on offense, you said he's horrible on offense. And again you apparently have no ability to only look at the last 22 games since the team has become the team that they are. Since then Thabo is our best rebounder, arguably our best defender and I believe the last 12 games or so he's shooting 37% from 3. 

• Premium Member

No you didn't call him bad on offense, you said he's horrible on offense. And again you apparently have no ability to only look at the last 22 games since the team has become the team that they are. Since then Thabo is our best rebounder, arguably our best defender and I believe the last 12 games or so he's shooting 37% from 3. 

Bad = horrible. Is Terrible worse than horrible? I mean seriously what are we arguing here.

if you shoot around .400 and .250 then you are HORRIBLE on offense. Yes, he's getting better. It literally is almost impossible to do WORSE than he was shooting for the first three months.

I hope he continues to get better. But that doesn't magically wipe away the horrible first three months of the season or how wretched bad he was last year too in shooting.