• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks - Lakers

lethalweapon3

• Moderators

Jordan Hill as much as anyone was a consensus favorite but I think that's a great example.   LA wasn't going to let him go and he didn't want to leave.   Love didn't want to come here.    Lance, despite beating us, isn't doing so great in charlotte. 

Well the Lakers beat the Rockets last night. Maybe they're better than their record indicates.

We need DMC back!

Oh wow the Lakers won? I came back home from playing 2 hours of bball ( and hitting 75%from 3 point land) and was watching the game...Lakers were down by 3 with only a minute or so left and I just passed out. I'm glad they beat Dwight and the Lakers.

Ps I wanna teach Chip Engelland how to shoot...

I told you guys Thabo was a horrible signing at the time it happened.

Hey, let the season play out a little more before the "toldya so's".  Let them come to the realization on their own.  That's what I did with Horford, who we should've traded 2 years ago, and now just about everyone's on board with it.

Hey, let the season play out a little more before the "toldya so's". Let them come to the realization on their own. That's what I did with Horford, who we should've traded 2 years ago, and now just about everyone's on board with it.

Haha ya...everyone's on board with it...that's funny. And who exactly did you want to trade Horford for 2 years ago?

Well let's keep this post bookmarked then. I'm quite confident you'll be singing a different tune by the end of the season.

Agreed. I think he'll be singing a different tune when Thabo startings shutting people down in the playoffs.

Haha ya...everyone's on board with it...that's funny. And who exactly did you want to trade Horford for 2 years ago?

Lol, you're the lone holdover.  I'dve traded him for a bag of practice jerseys and some chic-o-stix.

Seriously though, I was exaggerating.  I know everyone's not on board with shipping him out.  The problem with waiting on Thaboh-no to get it together is we're not talented enough to just flip a switch and make the playoffs.

I'm going to take a page out of your book though and look at things more optimistically.  Well, I'm going to try anyway.

Lol, you're the lone holdover. I'dve traded him for a bag of practice jerseys and some chic-o-stix.

Seriously though, I was exaggerating. I know everyone's not on board with shipping him out. The problem with waiting on Thaboh-no to get it together is we're not talented enough to just flip a switch and make the playoffs.

I'm going to take a page out of your book though and look at things more optimistically. Well, I'm going to try anyway.

I can be swayed...woo me

Thabo has shot horribly but overall he's played pretty well. His D is good and he handles the ball better than DMC. Just can't shoot very well but there again he's our backup 3. What was the expectation?

Correction: Thabo has shot the ball horribly from 3 (2/17, 12%) His shots from 2's (22/47 for 47%) is decent. His defense and rebounding has been really good.

Stop shooting 3s Thabo.

Edited by JayBirdHawk

Correction: Thabo has shot the ball horribly from 3 (2/17, 12%) His shots from 2's (22/47 for 47%) is decent. His defense and rebounding has been really good.

Stop shooting 3s Thabo.

The 3 will start to fall for Thabo at some point. He's just barely off on a lot of these and I think once he gets more comfortable in the offense and gets his confidence up he'll be fine. 

• Moderators

Thabo can't stop shooting 3's.  That has been the best offensive weapon for his career and that is unlikely to change.  We can't afford a SG who teams will leave open because they know he won't shoot the ball from there.

Lol, you're the lone holdover. I'dve traded him for a bag of practice jerseys and some chic-o-stix.

Seriously though, I was exaggerating. I know everyone's not on board with shipping him out. The problem with waiting on Thaboh-no to get it together is we're not talented enough to just flip a switch and make the playoffs.

I'm going to take a page out of your book though and look at things more optimistically. Well, I'm going to try anyway.

Horford 23 pts 11-16 fg 9 rebounds 4 assists 2 blocks in 32 minutes ...give him some time

• 1 month later...
  • Premium Member

Anything else you wanna tell us @Sothronhang3.gif

LOL you are such a troll. You don't say a peep when Thabo couldn't shoot the ball for three months but you want to try and get points when the guy finally doesn't completely suck ass. SMH.

Also, where's your apology post to Al Horford? You were ready to give him away for nothing earlier in the year. He's turned it around and I don't see someone trying to troll you about it.

LOL you are such a troll. You don't say a peep when Thabo couldn't shoot the ball for three months but you want to try and get points when the guy finally doesn't completely suck ass. SMH.

Also, where's your apology post to Al Horford? You were ready to give him away for nothing earlier in the year. He's turned it around and I don't see someone trying to troll you about it.

#1 - Really? I'm a troll? Go back and you'll see I was one of the few defending Thabo this whole time, saying to be patient that he'll get back to being the 40% 3pt shooter that he's proven to be. That's too damned funny. It's funny how you're not backing up your big bold statement now...

#2 -

A) Please don't try and represent me incorrectly. I've NEVER, EVER, said anything about giving Al away. 

B) Again go back and look, I've eaten crow on Al in several posts and admitted he's becoming the player that he was. Unlike you I have no problem admitting I was wrong. 

#3 - I'm hardly trolling. I told you right there in this post that I was going to bookmark this and come back to it. If you can't handle someone bringing up your posts then don't make such definitive statements. 

• Premium Member

#1 - Really? I'm a troll? Go back and you'll see I was one of the few defending Thabo this whole time, saying to be patient that he'll get back to being the 40% 3pt shooter that he's proven to be. That's too damned funny. It's funny how you're not backing up your big bold statement now...

#2 -

A) Please don't try and represent me incorrectly. I've NEVER, EVER, said anything about giving Al away. 

B) Again go back and look, I've eaten crow on Al in several posts and admitted he's becoming the player that he was. Unlike you I have no problem admitting I was wrong. 

#3 - I'm hardly trolling. I told you right there in this post that I was going to bookmark this and come back to it. If you can't handle someone bringing up your posts then don't make such definitive statements. 

1. I talked about this in that other thread. I haven't backed off anything I said about Thabo. He is horrible on offense, ok on defense. Nothing he's done this year (note the entire season not just a current streak of good games) has changed my mind one iota.

So please tell me how exactly I'm supposed to admit I'm wrong or too prideful to admit I'm wrong when I'm still right on what I said originally?

2. I'll take your word that you have softened  your stance on Al. Unlike you, I don't honestly care if people see something at the time and make a comment on it. And then later if circumstances change try to go back and AHA GOTCHA! someone. Al was playing like crap earlier this year, I even said as much. And I also said give him some time to heal and let's see what he's doing then. I don't see you trying to say I was correct about that. And you also don't see, unless provoked, my calling you out for what you were saying about him.

3. I don't care if you bookmark a thread. There's exactly two Hawks in my entire 34 year history of watching this team that I ever openly rooted against: JR Rider and Shellhead. Rider was a cancer and Shellhead was such a gigantic waste of a pick that I couldn't fathom why we took him so blindly. I say that to say this: I am not rooting against Thabo or Teague or anyone else that people think I don't "like". I love the Hawks. I want each of them from the best to the last guy on the bench to turn out to be HoF players and have awesome careers here.

I will gladly eat crow pie, crow stow, crow ice cream, crow spaghetti and hell even chew crow bubble gum if need be if some of them prove me wrong if I didn't think they could be that great. I just created a thread this week talking about how Teague was finally making me a believer by being consistent and playing defense. So I don't think I'm as incapable of admitting a mistake or eating crow as you think I am...