Gray Mule

Think of all the things that former Hawk, Josh Smith, brought to the table and

what he himself thought.

The very best shot blocker in the NBA.

The best three point shooter ever to wear a Hawks uniform,

including one of our current players.

The very best passer in the NBA.  CP3 could take lessons from him about

passing and dribbling the ball.

Why listen to the coaches when he knew more than they did about basketball.

As we know, looking back, he was a good shot blocker, he did love to try that

three point shot, over and over and he made one occasionally.  His passing ability

was above average and he did love to try to bring the ball up.  We wonder if he

ever listened to his coaches?

He's moved on.  He's matured.  Is he better?  Did he really improve his lot in life

when he left us for greener pastures?

buba.gif

• Like 1

• Moderators

http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2014/11/20/7253661/josh-smith-benched-pistons-vs-suns

The Pistons shoot 39.2 percent when Smith is playing, the worst shooting percentage with one player on the court aside from rookie Spencer Dinwiddie, who has only played in two games so far, according to NBA.com. When Smith is benched, Detroit shoots 46 percent, easily leading the off-court statistics for a single player. A lot of this has to do with the Pistons still grappling with a big lineup that includes Smith, Andre Drummondand Greg Monroe. It hasn't helped that Drummond is failing to shoot 40 percent despite all of his shots coming inside.

Still, Smith's poor shooting is mind-bogglingly poor. When he's not shooting threes, his mid-range percentages hover around 32 percent and account for 57 percent of his looks. Even tossing in free throws, shots at the rim and considering Smith's three-point attempts are down from the last two years, his true shooting percentage is a miserable 39.7 percent. That is down from last season's 46.3 percent, which itself is the only other season it's fallen below 50 percent.

• Like 1

I'm losing respect for Van Gundy by the day. I though for sure he wouldn't even entertain Josh, doing whatever it took to ship him somewhere like Sacramento long before the season started. Yet, he's still fooling around with him at the great detriment to his team. To have Josh anywhere near your roster weaken all your other basketball operations.

I'm losing respect for Van Gundy by the day. I though for sure he wouldn't even entertain Josh, doing whatever it took to ship him somewhere like Sacramento long before the season started. Yet, he's still fooling around with him at the great detriment to his team. To have Josh anywhere near your roster weaken all your other basketball operations.

So why would another team take him?

• Moderators

I think the Kings did want him at one time.   I think SVG is going to continue to have a short leash.  They'd probably find more interest if they didn't play him where he is routinely looking awful.   I'm sure the Pistons are working their butts off to do something.

So why would another team take him?

Sixers are trying to lose. They should scoop him up pronto!

Exactly.  I am assuming Van Gundy tried to deal him and ended up stuck with him.

Same thing happened to Danny Ferry. Luckily the contract was coming to an end. No such luck for SVG.