• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

So Kent (don't call me Ken) Bazemore has an "official" app now...

Admin

His agent has been a pushy one about this...

That in reference to the Hawks having their own app...which is a little concerning. You're an agent and your best form of communicating with one of your client's boss is through Twitter? Uh...OK!

Can't find it now, because it must have been deleted, but he also reached out to C-Viv through twitter. Asked him to follow so he could DM him details about a Bazemore article he wanted Viv to write...I mean. This is the best contact medium for your agent? Twitter? Sheesh, I must be out of touch or something because that sounds so unprofessional to me. Maybe it is a more common approach than I give it credit for.

His agent has been a pushy one about this...

That in reference to the Hawks having their own app...which is a little concerning. You're an agent and your best form of communicating with one of your client's boss is through Twitter? Uh...OK!

Can't find it now, because it must have been deleted, but he also reached out to C-Viv through twitter. Asked him to follow so he could DM him details about a Bazemore article he wanted Viv to write...I mean. This is the best contact medium for your agent? Twitter? Sheesh, I must be out of touch or something because that sounds so unprofessional to me. Maybe it is a more common approach than I give it credit for.

Hey, that same agent tricked our brass into signing his client to a deal over the minimum so I'd say he's probably doing something right.  Matter of fact, what's his twitter handle again?  I might need to re-negotiate my contract soon.

What exactly would an app for him do? I mean...I don't own a cellphone but I can't fathom what they could actually put on it for content for a backup NBA player.

That's a great question but it was overshadowed by 'I don't own a cellphone'. :-)

That's a great question but it was overshadowed by 'I don't own a cellphone'. :-)

Yeah I stopped thinking of anything else once I read that.  So @Sothron, how does your wife contact you if you take 1 minute longer than she expected at the store?  How do people share totally inappropriate vids with you?  How does work contact you after hours .... wait, it's becoming more clear for me now why you don't own one.

That, and the CIA tracking thing.  Definitely that too.

• Premium Member

Yeah I stopped thinking of anything else once I read that.  So @Sothron, how does your wife contact you if you take 1 minute longer than she expected at the store?  How do people share totally inappropriate vids with you?  How does work contact you after hours .... wait, it's becoming more clear for me now why you don't own one.

That, and the CIA tracking thing.  Definitely that too.

To share some personal history: I am diabetic and I once worked for a company that required me to use a two way radio that had to stay on 24/7. I had people calling me  literally 24/7 and drove my wife and I crazy to be woken up and disturbed as much as we were. So when I left that job I promised myself never again. My current job would in fact bother me if I had a cellphone let alone the other aggravations that I associate with the ability of people to be able to contact you at any time 24/7.

No thanks to that. I may get odd looks when I tell people I don't have a cellphone and never had one but at least I don't have to worry about being bothered. And as a plus, if I do in fact need a cell for an emergency literally everyone else has one I can use as needed. So why get one?

• Like 2

• Moderators

To share some personal history: I am diabetic and I once worked for a company that required me to use a two way radio that had to stay on 24/7. I had people calling me  literally 24/7 and drove my wife and I crazy to be woken up and disturbed as much as we were. So when I left that job I promised myself never again. My current job would in fact bother me if I had a cellphone let alone the other aggravations that I associate with the ability of people to be able to contact you at any time 24/7.

No thanks to that. I may get odd looks when I tell people I don't have a cellphone and never had one but at least I don't have to worry about being bothered. And as a plus, if I do in fact need a cell for an emergency literally everyone else has one I can use as needed. So why get one?

Germs.   You wouldn't believe how nasty people's cell phones are.   to_pick_ones_nose.gif 

• Premium Member

And of course, if someone really needs to find you, they might as well come to the squawk. Seems like you're here 24/7. yes.gif

• Like 2

Southron:  I'm with you 100%.  I don't have one either.  My wife does.  We

carry it when we go out of town, usually have it on and, occasionally one

of our children may call, otherwise it stays quiet.

Sometimes, we actually remember and turn it on!

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Southron:  I'm with you 100%.  I don't have one either.  My wife does.  We

carry it when we go out of town, usually have it on and, occasionally one

of our children may call, otherwise it stays quiet.

Sometimes, we actually remember and turn it on!

GM: that is exactly our situation. My wife rarely turns her on and when she does it is usually by accident. We only really use it as needed to get in contact with someone or to send out  a rare urgent call or text.