• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Do you think that John jenkins could contibute more than just a rebound & a steal tonight?

Peoriabird

Then how do you explain Pero getting some many minutes over Muscala?

Coach Bud being stubborn. I think he let that game vs Utah where Moose was pushed around in the paint affect his vision of Moose. If it were me I'd be getting Payne, Moose and Jenkins a good bit more PT than they are now.

Unfortunately we really have too many players who deserve minutes and Antić really hasn't done anything to deserve being benched. He's played steady, average, reliable basketball and that's easy for a coach to want on the floor.

• Like 1

• Moderators

Then how do you explain Pero getting some many minutes over Muscala?

The same way.   What have you seen from Muscala that says he deserves time.?  His brief time on the court he's looked out of position and physically not strong enough to D up the opposing centers.   I'm guessing he's learning though.   He hasn't been around the system that long.

The same way.   What have you seen from Muscala that says he deserves time.?  His brief time on the court he's looked out of position and physically not strong enough to D up the opposing centers.   I'm guessing he's learning though.   He hasn't been around the system that long.

His defensive rating is pretty decent and he leads the team in blocks per 36 and block % by a staggering margin. He got pushed around a bit by Utah but other than that he's been good defensively in his minutes out there. He deserves more playing time. 

• Premium Member

I dont care if anyone posts them. And if it angers @hawksfanatic then even better sun_bespectacled.gif

Which ones would be best?  I don't want to choose because you know who will show up and accuse me of cherry picking.  I want to choose the the stats that everyone agrees most accurately represent how well a player is performing vs another and follow them.  Sort of like a Hawksquawk stat monitor so we can stop falsely accusing players of under performing and vice versa.

Which ones would be best?  I don't want to choose because you know who will show up and accuse me of cherry picking.  I want to choose the the stats that everyone agrees most accurately represent how well a player is performing vs another and follow them.  Sort of like a Hawksquawk stat monitor so we can stop falsely accusing players of under performing and vice versa.

I don't think you'll get a consensus on which ones are the best. And honestly right now (and trust me this will annoy HF) but the "sample size" is simply too small to get any meaningful comparison since Moose has really only had decent minutes in the 1 blowout loss to the Cavs. Antić, on the other hand, has played vs better competition and has a lot more minutes. He's actually got a solid defensive rating, but nothing spectacular, it's just that our other bigs have been average or bad. 

By far the most impressive thing with Moose right now is his block % and really any stat relating to blocks except blocks per game, since he hasn't played much. 

• Premium Member

By far the most impressive thing with Moose right now is his block % and really any stat relating to blocks except blocks per game, since he hasn't played much. 

So what stat stands out so far for Antić and Mack?  What makes them the chosen ones?

• Moderators

I'm not finding those stats that makes me prefer Mack and Antić over Muscala and Jenkins...there has to be at least one!

I can't tell if you're kidding or not.   Muscala and Jenkins haven't really played so the best you can say is they haven't missed as many shots as Mack and Antić.    True Squawkers know though that the end of the bench guys are budding stars that the coach is out to punish.

• Premium Member

I can't tell if you're kidding or not.   Muscala and Jenkins haven't really played so the best you can say is they haven't missed as many shots as Mack and Antić.    True Squawkers know though that the end of the bench guys are budding stars that the coach is out to punish.

Not necessarily budding stars but players that can contribute more to winning than Antić and Mack

I'm not finding those stats that makes me prefer Mack and Antić over Muscala and Jenkins...there has to be at least one!

Because there are no stats - if it wasn't for the Cavs blowout game Muscala and Jenkins minutes would be even more miniscule.  For the season Moose has played  34 minutes (22 against the Cavs), JJ has played 21 minutes ALL against the Cavs.    There is nothing to compare.

Would I like to see the young guys play a bit - sure - but I'm not pulling my hair out if they don't - at least not yet.

• Premium Member

Because there are no stats - if it wasn't for the Cavs blowout game Muscala and Jenkins minutes would be even more miniscule.  For the season Moose has played  34 minutes (22 against the Cavs), JJ has played 21 minutes ALL against the Cavs.    There is nothing to compare.

Would I like to see the young guys play a bit - sure - but I'm not pulling my hair out if they don't - at least not yet.

No..Stats on Antics and Mack that stand out to the point where it tells you that they are invaluable rotational players that can't be replaced

• Moderators

I think he makes a good point.   There should be stat that tells us players are indispensable.   Otherwise how would we know who to play.  We'd have to hire someone who's fulltime job it was to figure out who the best players on a team are and play them.   But this person would basically have to do nothing but study basketball their whole life.   That's crazy.  The system where the average fan determines who's good and bad is obviously the way to go.