• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

No respect

Even Kevin Harlan said that the Hawks just came off a loss to the Wizards at the Verizon center...wtf ..I mean 2k15 but what did they just predict we would lose or just hope ..:-/

HA!  We're the Roger Dangerfield of the NBA.  No respect at all.

So, this is what it feels like to have a record of 2 above the .500 mark @ 7-5

and be in second place, only 1 1/2 game out of 1st.  And, to have just

beaten the top dog adds happiness to the feeling.

I like it.  And, getting no respect just makes it so much sweeter.

GO ATL HAWKS!

angel.gif

• Like 3

HA! We're the Roger Dangerfield of the NBA. No respect at all.

So, this is what it feels like to have a record of 2 above the .500 mark @ 7-5

and be in second place, only 1 1/2 game out of 1st. And, to have just

beaten the top dog adds happiness to the feeling.

I like it. And, getting no respect just makes it so much sweeter.

GO ATL HAWKS!

angel.gif

I miss Rodney Dangerfield's buldging eyes lol

Never understood why fans care about these things.

Talking heads are 95% morons. Who cares if they say nice things about your team?

It's the same way you want your friends and family to say that your gf is good looking. You don't want to constantly hear that they think she's ugly, right? Or worse yet, have them ignore her all the time.

At the end of the day it doesn't matter if they talk about the Hawks but it would be nice. Perhaps if they did say nice things about the Hawks the general NBA community would start to respect us, our local TV affiliate might think we can beat a team at home without having to steal one, and local fans would think we're a decent team.

• Like 3

• Moderators

Never understood why fans care about these things.

Talking heads are 95% morons. Who cares if they say nice things about your team?

But it actually does really matter.   Having such a bad rep seriously impacts ticket sales and interest in the product which in turns affects how much the owners can spend on the team.    After decades of mismanagement and losing why could the Clippers suddenly fetch $2 billion.  Because they had some stars and had started to gain some positive national attention.   The Clips haven't done anything more than the Hawks.   

• Like 1

But it actually does really matter.   Having such a bad rep seriously impacts ticket sales and interest in the product which in turns affects how much the owners can spend on the team.    After decades of mismanagement and losing why could the Clippers suddenly fetch $2 billion.  Because they had some stars and had started to gain some positive national attention.   The Clips haven't done anything more than the Hawks.   

It also matters when it comes to player acquisitions in free agency as well.  Players watch ESPN and other NBA shows just like everyone else and Atlanta constantly being mocked cannot be a good thing for us in that regard.

• Like 2

if the Hawks were in first place and playing well we would get some respect.  Hell we just lost to the Lakers at home, whom just got 140 put on them the other night.

We are not very good.  

No we wouldn't. You've been a fan for dozens and dozens and dozens of years so you gotta know better than that by now. 

Vol4ever

Remember:  On any given night - - -

Lakers hit their first eleven three point shots against us.  They probably couldn't

do that again if they were on the floor, all alone.  These things happens.  We

always wonder, "Why us?" when it does.

Lakers aren't very good, that's true.  But, on that night they were.  And, the Hawks

had to pick that night to have a bad game.

"There was a little girl

who had a little curl

right in the middle of her forehead.

When she was good

she was very good

and when she was bad she was horrid.

That's the Hawks.  Some nights, we're good and some nights we are horrid.

If we ever grow up, we may be very good.  We hope so.

GO HAWKS!!

Vol4ever

Remember:  On any given night - - -

Lakers hit their first eleven three point shots against us.  They probably couldn't

do that again if they were on the floor, all alone.  These things happens.  We

always wonder, "Why us?" when it does.

Lakers aren't very good, that's true.  But, on that night they were.  And, the Hawks

had to pick that night to have a bad game.

"There was a little girl

who had a little curl

right in the middle of her forehead.

When she was good

she was very good

and when she was bad she was horrid.

That's the Hawks.  Some nights, we're good and some nights we are horrid.

If we ever grow up, we may be very good.  We hope so.

GO HAWKS!!

I think you are thinking of the Cavs game GM.  It is true that the Lakers were lights out from long 2's that night though.  We win that game if the Teague from the past 2 nights showed up for that full game.  I'm hoping that loss was a lesson for Teague and he stays aggressive from here on out.

• Like 1

I don't even know who Kevin Harlan is, so I could care less what he says.  I'd settle for the AJC actually covering the game that started at 7pm last night, or at least give the score, instead of saying "Hawks at Wizards late."  Oddly, they can sometimes cover a game in ATL that starts at 7:30.  I guess they give free tickets to the press, but don't give them any incentives to at least watch the game on TV.  I guess C-Viv was too busy. 

Or, I'd settle for giving the Hawks 5% as much coverage as High School football in the press or TV.  The audience for HS Football is certainly not at big as a Hawks game.  What - a couple hundred fans per game?

That's what I call "no respect."