• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks - Raptors

lethalweapon3

Looks like TOR is going to be a force this year. Not too mad at a loss like this.

I am becuz the Hawks could have easily won if they were not a stupid team. The Raptors are good but they are not juggernauts

How many times are the Hawks gonna leave the 3pt shooter to help??? They continually get burned doin this dumb shit. And don't get me started on the TERRIBLE defense. The Hawks are just an awful defensive team. 

Edited by Bonkers

• Premium Member

I'm rarely negative but I'm still so confused about our rotation. Why are Brand and Payne still on the bench? I'd understand if the guys ahead of them were playing great ball, but we are obviously struggling with D and rebounding.

Why isn't Jenkins playing? We could have used his size and shooting when Mack wasn't playing all that well.

I know there is more than the box score but you can see these things when you watch the game. I have faith in Bud because he sees them practice every day..but can they really be that much worse that we can't give them a shot?

Edited by cam1218
  • Like 1

Man, I don't want to live in a world where Toronto is the best team in the East. I hate the Raptors. And I hate that we gave them Lou for (ultimately) nothing. They have so many guys who can dribble the ball into a deep, contested shot and beat you. It's incredibly frustrating to play against that. 

• Like 2

It's the same team it was a month ago.

Funny... Al said that this team was better than it was a month ago when they lost to Toronto....

Well, the results were basically the same.

Did somebody say twinsies?...

So, Hawks lose to the best, hottest team in the east who have been beaten

only twice this season.  We lost but so did almost everyone who has faced

them this season.  Canada leads the NBA east.

Please, someone explain to me again because I seem to have forgotten.

Why did we give away Sweet Lou?  He sure looked mighty fine last night

and, if I remember correctly, when he came here it was because he wanted

to be here, unlike some in the NBA.

Still over .500 and still @ home.

GO ATL HAWKS!

Well Lou did what all good players do - show his former team they goofed in trading him.  And he had a double incentive since he was playing before his home town.  I liked him - glad he's healthy again.  

Disappointing loss, esp. since it was at home and beating two of the top East teams in 2 nights would have been a confidence booster.  Now its just a confidence buster.

I wonder about the rotation too, but maybe Payne, Moose, Jenkins and Brand aren't playing because they are even worse than Pero and Mack.  (Gee that's scary thought.)

Edited by Randy

Shades of Woody.  Bud has his own dog house, we believe.  Inside we find

Muscala and Jenkins.  Maybe Brand is in there also but maybe Bud is just

saving the old man until later.

Then, there is Payne.  He wasn't even on the active list so he couldn't play

against the Canadians last night.

Until Jenkins and Muscala do something to get out or we have so many in

foul trouble, having six, or are injured, they will not be seen.

This is just my personal opinion but, until something happens to prove

otherwise, I'll continue to believe this.

Edited by Gray Mule

You plan for Kyle and Derozan to get theirs, and are not surprised if Lou gets his. I've always liked Grievis but godd@mn. I can't be mad, their team is stacked. We can't beat this team giving up 14 threes along with the usual losing battle on the glass and at the line. I can't see the Bulls or Cavs beating these cats in 7 if healthy. I'm officially on their bandwagon and expect them to meet the Spurs or Warriors in the end, barring major injury of course. I can't think of who they remind me of, but they damn sure look like a championship-caliber squad so far. They aren't perfect and the front court depth may leave something to be desired but you probably won't find a shred of film from this year that shows lack of effort or toughness.

I didn't realize Thabo was out until halfway through the first quarter. He's kinda needed on the perimeter when they have 4 quality handlers who can get you 15 or more. Anyway, silver linings are there:

Al looked a little more active and mobile even if I don't dig all the jumpers and floaters

Even if we're falling in other categories, our shooting percentage is always robust and PPG is climbing

The Hawks shouldn't best their averages for assists and turnovers against a team like Toronto but they did

We got 2 PGs in the Top 12 for PER. Teague clearly is more comfortable with the offense in year 2, Dennis sticking to his floaters and not turning over. It was depressing seeing Kyle bang him around in the post, though. My man was helpless.

Let's Go.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 3