• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Jenkins and Payne sent back to D League

Admin

Pero's offensive and rebounding BBIQ is awful and his BBIQ in general is overrated in these parts. Just wanted to point that out. 

Something seems different about you .... can't put my finger on it.  Did you .... BazeLess? (hehe)

If we can't use our current JJ, there are other NBA teams that can.  Remember,

we had a player from last season who we didn't want, couldn't use and he didn't

fit our system?  We gave him away to clear cap space

He recently made "player of the week" in the NBA for his new team. 

I expect much the same results when we give JJ away.

• Like 2

I might switch to Payne soon though.......no.gif

Noooooo!

Your avatar is clearly the K.O.D. (kiss of death)  Korver's good enough to overcome it.  Payne not so much ... yet.

• Moderators

If we can't use our current JJ, there are other NBA teams that can.  Remember,

we had a player from last season who we didn't want, couldn't use and he didn't

fit our system?  We gave him away to clear cap space

He recently made "player of the week" in the NBA for his new team. 

I expect much the same results when we give JJ away.

Lou has a much bigger track record than JJ, though.  He was very productive for us before getting hurt and wasn't as bad last year as people seem to think (he scored more efficiently last season than Millsap, Teague or Mack for example).  There were fit issues on this team with a small, bad D SG but it seems pretty clear that he was going to return to his normal instant offense game if he more fully recovered.  

If I was predicting a comparable for JJ it would be more likely to be Salim than Lou.  I don't think there is a fit issue with Jenkins.  This team and offense can use relatively one dimensional perimeters shooters in the rotation just like Pop has done over the years.   If he doesn't turn it around this year, I am not confident he is long for the league.

Noooooo!

Your avatar is clearly the K.O.D. (kiss of death) Korver's good enough to overcome it. Payne not so much ... yet.

If that's the case Game time needs to find a picture including all our current ownership and make it his avatar!

JJ, like Lou, is coming off an injury.  He's not in the same class as Lou but

still, somewhere out there is an NBA team looking for someone who can

score and score and score.

Sure, he may be unemployed from the NBA after this season.  He doesn't and can't

do anything desirable in any NBA player except play a little defense, grab a few

rebounds and score and score and score.

Who wants a player like that?  Maybe a team like that one who took Lou off our

hands and didn't even charge us for that favor!

GO ATL HAWKS!!

So Payne isn't smart enough to learn the offense? So how is he supposed to learn the offense by playing meaningless games for some D-League team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We have called Payne up from the D-league and sent Muscala down in his place.

This is a good week to have Payne active.  He should be able to get some quality court time in the Philly game.  It would be nice to see him log some minutes vs Denver or Orlando as well.

• Admin

We have called Payne up from the D-league and sent Muscala down in his place.

This is a good week to have Payne active.  He should be able to get some quality court time in the Philly game.  It would be nice to see him log some minutes vs Denver or Orlando as well.

he is shooting 40% in the dleague .... I don't think he is quite ready for prime time yet

We all know how this ends. He will be active for a game, but will not get in. Then he will not dress for a couple more. He will be down in the D-League within a week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Premium Member

We could have taken care of this in the offseason. Once again we didn't. But we have cap space. We have a good team and that is what's frustrating, the offseason moves made did not improve our team this season.

• Like 1