• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

MrMeltdown

We are on pace to win 49 games after the first full month of the season. That would put us at the high end of predictions. Few if any of the so-called professionals thought we could be this good. A couple of posters said it was possible.

What are your thoughts of our current pace and situation overall?

We have played 9 Home Games to just 6 road games. This month will be true with 8 home and 8 away.

I still think we need a big who can rebound and possibly help protect the rim, his offense would be a bonus.

Still could use another shooter behind Korver and a scoring SF but I think we are showing that we can win without Al Horford really being Al Horford and that is a good start.

• Like 1

RIght on target with my preseason projections although completely off for Charl

otte. I was on point for Washington.

Dude! You were off on the W(Hor ..catties)..We're you on the Wiz? LOl

All good...only thing that matters is your on board...LETS GO!!!

Dude! You were off on the W(Hor ..catties)..We're you on the Wiz? LOl

All good...only thing that matters is your on board...LETS GO!!!

My rankings for 2014 based off the pre-season and the rosters are: 

1. Hornets- 60-22

2. Hawks- 50-32

3. Wizards- 49-33

4. Heat- 48- 34

5. Magic- 22-60

Completely off target with the Hornets. More likely 22-60 than 60-22. Said as much weeks ago.

I had us down for 50 barring major injury. I don't believe in any other East team now that DeRozan went down. Our 2 PGs improving every night really has me excited.

The offense is pretty much maximized, nothing on that end impresses me anymore. Nothing makes me happier than team defensive pressure leading to steals, blocks, and clock violations. When everyone fully buys in to defending hard every night (Teague and Scott mostly) we're a Dark Horse no doubt. Dennis seemingly found his niche overnight, it's gonna be interesting watching if Baze and Moose garners enough trust from Bud by the end of the year to be a Baynes/ Joseph like combo at the end of the bench who can still contribute against good teams.

I had us down for 50 barring major injury. I don't believe in any other East team now that DeRozan went down. Our 2 PGs improving every night really has me excited.

The offense is pretty much maximized, nothing on that end impresses me anymore. Nothing makes me happier than team defensive pressure leading to steals, blocks, and clock violations. When everyone fully buys in to defending hard every night (Teague and Scott mostly) we're a Dark Horse no doubt. Dennis seemingly found his niche overnight, it's gonna be interesting watching if Baze and Moose garners enough trust from Bud by the end of the year to be a Baynes/ Joseph like combo at the end of the bench who can still contribute against good teams.

I wish we had a true center next to Al. That's my only reserve but overall, we should as good as any team in the East outside of Cleveland. Thibs is going to run Chicago into the ground.

I went on record for 50 wins and 3rd in the East and I'mo stand by that. You could say that things will even out a bit as the season rolls on. To which I'd reply the Hawks have already been robbed in 2 losses this young season, so they're sitting about right to hit that 50/3rd mark. As these things happen...

Fort Wayne Mad Ants have two Hawks who are getting into game shape.

Payne has been rebounding and JJ has been scoring.  Right now, we need

them to stay there and be ready if and when we have someone injured.

You can pull them up and watch, free, their games and re-plays of their

former games.  Interesting way to kill some down time.

www.nba.com/dleague

This will get you there.

Hawks have a lot of players who are playing well right now.  Makes one proud

to be an Atlanta fan.  Sometimes they still fall flat on their face but still, overall

this is a very good team.  We will have down times in games and lose but we

will still, for the most part, be a team other NBA teams do not look forward to

as being a time to have an easy, restful pass.

Swarming defense will do that to you, along with two speedy point guards that

are willing and able to "take it to the basket" at any time.

GO ATL HAWKS !!

sun_bespectacled.gif

I'll stick with my 43 win prediction.

The squad still can't be trusted defensively.  Until that moment comes, they won't approach that 49 win mark.

January is a potential SEASON KILLER, if they don't get their act together defensively.  And how we do on that West Coast trip in mid-March, will ultimately determine our season potential playoff seeding.  It could be the difference betwween a 4th seed and an 8th seed.

Edited by TheNorthCydeRises
  • Like 1

The squad still can't be trusted defensively. Until that moment comes, they won't approach that 49 win mark.

January is a potential SEASON KILLER, if they don't get their act together defensively. And how we do on that West Coast trip in mid-March, will ultimately determine our season potential playoff seeding. It could be the difference betwween a 4th seed and an 8th seed.

Agreed...somehow though I think a vet team like ours will get up for the west coasters.?I can see us playing up to the potential of our opponents...otherwise ur right, we gone

The squad still can't be trusted defensively. Until that moment comes, they won't approach that 49 win mark.

January is a potential SEASON KILLER, if they don't get their act together defensively. And how we do on that West Coast trip in mid-March, will ultimately determine our season potential playoff seeding. It could be the difference betwween a 4th seed and an 8th seed.

How is january a season killer? I see 17 games with only 8 against playoff teams. Only 8 of the 17 are away games as well. I think the second half of december is much worse than either half of january and I expect us to do just fine in all of them.

I agree with you on March. March will be brutal and will really show us where this team is.

Edited by JETSET

The squad still can't be trusted defensively.  Until that moment comes, they won't approach that 49 win mark.

January is a potential SEASON KILLER, if they don't get their act together defensively.  And how we do on that West Coast trip in mid-March, will ultimately determine our season potential playoff seeding.  It could be the difference betwween a 4th seed and an 8th seed.

http://youtu.be/IJ_R-G_i4Xk

We are on pace to win 49 games after the first full month of the season. That would put us at the high end of predictions. Few if any of the so-called professionals thought we could be this good. A couple of posters said it was possible.

What are your thoughts of our current pace and situation overall?

We have played 9 Home Games to just 6 road games. This month will be true with 8 home and 8 away.

I still think we need a big who can rebound and possibly help protect the rim, his offense would be a bonus.

Still could use another shooter behind Korver and a scoring SF but I think we are showing that we can win without Al Horford really being Al Horford and that is a good start.

They still have plenty of games against the west coming up.

Easiest schedule in the league. Once the completion ramps up we will struggle to remain above .500, but for the time being just keep winning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How do we have the easiest schedule in the league? 12 of our 17 games have been played against teams that were expected to be playoff teams this year and or made it last year.

Edited by MrMeltdown

This has been a nice winning steak, but the schedule gets tough at the end of December:

vs. Chicago

@ Cleveland

@Houston

@Dallas

vs. Clippers

vs. Bucks

@Bucks

Cleveland

@Utah

@Portland

@Clippers

vs. Memphis

They could be back near .500 with that schedule coming up.

That 12 game strech will slow down the Hawks winning pace. Not one single "gimmie" there.

Edited by Hotlanta1981