• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks - heat

lethalweapon3

Good performance coming off of a back to back. A loss wouldn't have been expected. Most of the team play hard on the defensive end, but there were some bad turnovers. Some caused by some good Miami defense and some was due to the lack of ball movement and some lazy passing. 

Al looked like shit tonight. The Hawks started to take control of this game in the 3rd period when Pero entered the game. He was much better on defense than Horford. It seemed like in the 2nd half that Miami got easy layups when Horf was in the game, but the Hawks started stretching the lead when Pero was in. He was way more active than Horf.... Who seems (like another poster said) to have cement in his shoes. If he doesn't start to show more in the next 10 games I would suggest that the Hawks explore some trade options while he still might have some value.

Really solid win. The combo of Teague and Dennis is starting to look unstoppable.

Edited by Hotlanta1981
  • Like 3

Hawks are hot - 4 Wins in a row. Great road win. No 1st quarter malaise tonight. They actually had a defensive focus and intensity to start the game.

1. Good to see Teague have a bounce back game. Had two timely steals in the 3rd that increased our lead. It yook him awhile yo get going but when he did - WOW.

2. Kyle was Kyle

3. Sap is a work horse - just plays.

4. Al needs to get it together. 2 games ago I said it looked like the rust was starting to come off but looks like he showed up in his cement boots tonight. He didn't look to score tonight even his patented jab jab jab step. What's happened to the Al/Teague PnR/PnP?

5. DMC struggled on defense and offense tonight

6. THABO made 3

7. Pero didn't pump fake

8. Baze got some seconds (per PSSSSHR lol)

9. Dennis continues his improvement. 16 points - new career high. Teague calls him his little brother- says Dennis talks to him now compared to last season.

It wasn't a bad game remedial so-called fans and a remedial overrated coach made it look that way.

• Premium Member

What's happened to the Al/Teague PnR/PnP?

I think when Bud first got here, this was the best offense we could learn.  We leaned upon it so much.  However, after AL got hurt, Teague spent 1/2 of a season figuring out how to get scoring from other spots.  I believe that he had to abandon PNR because Sap is not really a PNR player.   I think Al going down really helped our team find all kinds of offense.

• Like 4

I never underestimate a win versus Wade. Bud's tag line of "always get better" is not a cliche. It's because he goes 10 deep and everyone knows they have to fight for their minutes on a nightly basis. If forces them to read the game, apply their strengths, and compensate for areas they may be struggling in to still be a positive for the team. Let's Go.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 3

I didn't watch the game but from reading the game log on going, it seems as if Horf looked like rusty Horf and only so few shots usually is the sign of his aggressiveness not being there.

I think when Bud first got here, this was the best offense we could learn.  We leaned upon it so much.  However, after AL got hurt, Teague spent 1/2 of a season figuring out how to get scoring from other spots.  I believe that he had to abandon PNR because Sap is not really a PNR player.   I think Al going down really helped our team find all kinds of offense.

I will also give Diesel his first five star post of the year. From other games I watched, in particular ones where Dennis and Jeff ball, the PnR seems to be something they use less and when Al was out, they figured out how to get efficient offense without running PnR's constantly with Al. That said, Al's been pretty bad this year on the 2nd trip of back to back this year. With that said, we need much better performances out of him. The idea of trading him isn't of interest due to his ability on hand. You do that, you will regret it far more than the Lou trade. So it's a non starter and no one is trading Cousins for him in a package deal or not. So we can live with it.

Dennis and Teague is our best combo package. It creates 48 minutes of hell and really is our biggest strength with Kyle ability to move off the ball and his shooting ability. If Kyle could shoot consistently with a hand in his hand like Reggie Miller, we would be one of the best teams in the league but he can't. With that said, we need to keep Teague and Dennis for as long as Kyle is reliable. Where was DMC tonight? He seems like he stayed in Atlanta with Horf from the stat sheet. 

That's all I got. I didn't watch so I can't add any insight.

Not as an efficient of course but we started really making the three our calling card when before it was just a part of our offense.

You know I bet you staying away is just coincidental...I mean if @kg01 would been in your position I'd want hm staying away...I dunno why he's got that jinxy thing goin on..

Whaaaaa?  Et tu Spud2N?

Ever since I've been throwing a little German into the chat we've been undefeated.  Nur zu sagen ...

Our opponents have a problem.  In fact, a headache of major size.

Hawks throw their starting PG, Jeff, out on the floor.  Speedy, elusive,

quick on both offense and defense.  Gotta pay very close attention

to him.  He will drive the lane and kick or score and, on defense, he

will steal your pants if you are not careful.

Then, they take him out to rest and in comes the Menance.  Dennis has

the same things going for him.  There is no rest.

Then, half way through the fourth quarter it happens.  Now what do we

do?  They are both on the floor together.  HELP!!

Hawks are in second place, nipping at the heels of Washington.  We had

hopes last night early when we heard the Lakers were well ahead but,

alas, it was not to be as Washington rallied and won.

Brooklin awaits the visit from the Atlanta crew.  Can the Nets put a stop

to the Hawks, who are, right now, on a roll.  We hope not.

GO ATL HAWKS !!

• Like 1

Smithers, so far my plan for the Hawks to crush every opponent this week and take a commanding lead of the Southeast Division has been going swimmingly.  Even that young scrapper Jeff Teague has overtaken Paul Milsap as the leading scorer on the team.

Excellent....

mr_burns.png

Edited by ATLSmith
  • Like 1

Smithers, so far my plan for the Hawks to crush every opponent this week and take a commanding lead of the Southeast Division has been going swimmingly.  Even that young scrapper Jeff Teague has overtaken Paul Milsap as the leading scorer on the team.

Excellent....

LOL funny but don't we have to take the lead in the division before we can take a commanding lead??  

This has been a terrific week though and I hope it's indicative of what's to come. 

LOL funny but don't we have to take the lead in the division before we can take a commanding lead??  

This has been a terrific week though and I hope it's indicative of what's to come. 

Back in my day any lead was a commanding one.  Now stop questioning me!

• Like 1

I'm not surprised Wade stayed.  The Heat have been good to him, even before LeBron got there.  Wade is to Miami what Kobe is to the Lakers.  Both will likely retire with those teams.  What I don't understand is why Bosh stayed.

Edited by ATLSmith